It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Issues Rare Official Statement on the Memo

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ParkerCramer

Here is the link http

Yes that is exactly what is being said

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Its not like the memo is an adjudicated decision or something. Its an allegation based on evidence. From there, it can be investigated, im sure.

Given what we know, why on Earth would anyone oppose investigating the FBI and DOJ?

Only hardline party Democrat's don't want it investigate because they don't want the truth out

link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: ParkerCramer
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I believe you may want to look back into that.
Mueller was installed to look into collusion during the 2016 election campaign, which would most certainly cover any candidate in that campaign. Does not matter if nothing had been uncovered at that time, that candidate would STILL be within the scope of the investigation.

MTUBY

Mueller wasn't installed until after Comey was fired.

Agreed.

Does not mean the investigation wasn't ongoing, correct?

And we all know the memo and possible probable cause was abundant.
So, how could Comey possibly issue that statement?

MTUBY

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Here is the link http

Yes that is exactly what is being said

I am not disagreeing with it may have legs, I am saying..................

Does it make sense that it could possibly be TRUE??

Please reread my last post and try to square that in your mind!!!

MTUBY
edit on 31-1-2018 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: soberbacchus

But but but... Hannity said that Christopher Wray was "shocked to his core" according to "a source of [his]" and yesterday, a Fox News article cited an anonymous source who claimed that two unnamed FBI "officials" had reviewed the document and said they couldn't point to any factual errors.

I'm going to assume that Christopher Wray signed off on this rare public statement. So maybe he was "shocked to his core" about what a deceptively edited partisan hitjob the dodgy Nunes memo was?

No.

Its in-advance ass-covering and preemptive denial by people who THOUGHT they were firmly above the law committing assorted crimes and never in a million years considered theyd ever be questioned, let alone charged.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Odd. FBI officials review surveillance memo, could not cite 'any factual inaccuracies': source

Two senior FBI officials have now reviewed a controversial Republican staff memo alleging abuses of government surveillance programs during the 2016 presidential campaign, a source familiar with the matter told Fox News – adding that the officials “could not point to any factual inaccuracies.”

The two officials – one from the bureau’s counterintelligence division and the other from the legal division – followed up after an initial review of the memo during a rare Sunday trip to Capitol Hill by FBI Director Christopher Wray.

Fox News is told the memo was “drafted deliberately to eliminate national security information” that could be damaging if viewed by individuals outside Congress.
Oh that sucks.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Based "in part" on the dossier. Not entirely.
They had already been watching Page since 2014. He was already on their radar for shady behavior. Why was he speaking to Kislyak in Pennsylvania? Why was he meeting with Russian KGB in Moscow in July 2016? Why did he lie about it?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Which was True: at that point, the investigation was looking into Flynn's contacts with Russia

Um. Was Flynn a member of Trumps cabinet at the time?
@ burntheships

Glen Simpson of Fusion GPS said in his testimony that Steele
did not ever visit Russia. All of the "dossier" information
is unverified. His own words.

career

Career[edit]
Steele was recruited by MI6 directly following his graduation from Cambridge, working in London at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) from 1987 to 1989.[3] From 1990 to 1992, Steele worked under diplomatic cover as an MI6 agent in Moscow, serving at the Embassy of the United Kingdom in Moscow.

Simpson of Fusion GPS lied under oath?

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"FBI Statement on HPSCI Memo to be attributed to the FBI:"

Yeah that looks really really official
www.fbi.gov...
8 statements on the site from today
Why is this one not on that list?

link   

I dont know US law but maybe the 4d chessmaster just lost his Queen,I know with my own country who has just lost about 6 Parliamentarians due to an outdated constitutional clause the law can be quite tricky.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Trump is under investigation too. Lots of investigations going on right now.
Everybody is looking for answers.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

All screenshots of this alleged statement are conveniently framed to not show any official signature or FBI letterhead. Something doesn't add up here.

edit on 31-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

I dont know US law but maybe the 4d chessmaster just lost his Queen,I know with my own country who has just lost about 6 Parliamentarians due to an outdated constitutional clause the law can be quite tricky.

I will agree that just about anything is possible with a politicians ability to interpret...😂

I still find it almost impossible in this instance.

MTUBY

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Now they're all tuning into Criminal Minds.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

All screenshots of this alleged statement are conveniently framed to not show any official signature or FBI letterhead. Something doesn't add up here.

It may very well be legit....to me it is odd that it is not on the press release website while 8 other releases were made today.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
💩

originally posted by: xuenchen
Anybody finding the "statement" itself ?

FBI press releases

originally posted by: butcherguy
What is this? Fake news?
Seems pretty sketchy.
No attribution to a person for that statement...
Now no statement at all???

Something not right.

😁

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Of course but another oddity is that the people who received this statement refuse to produce the full email.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is how you do a press release the proper way. Nunes Statement on FBI, DOJ Objections to Release of HPSCI Memo

“Having stonewalled Congress’ demands for information for nearly a year, it’s no surprise to see the FBI and DOJ issue spurious objections to allowing the American people to see information related to surveillance abuses at these agencies. The FBI is intimately familiar with ‘material omissions’ with respect to their presentations to both Congress and the courts, and they are welcome to make public, to the greatest extent possible, all the information they have on these abuses. Regardless, it’s clear that top officials used unverified information in a court document to fuel a counter-intelligence investigation during an American political campaign. Once the truth gets out, we can begin taking steps to ensure our intelligence agencies and courts are never misused like this again.”

Still think it's full of lies?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

Simpson of Fusion GPS lied under oath?

It does appear he lied.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, a criminal referrral has been sent to the FBI and DOJ for Steele.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

More fake news.

If this was a public statement, where is it?

Even the NYT plays this little trick with what they report...

F.B.I. Condemns Push to Release Secret Republican Memo

Christopher A. Wray, the F.B.I. director, clashed publicly with the president for the first time on Wednesday, condemning a push by House Republicans to release a secret memo that purports to show how the bureau and the Justice Department abused their authorities to obtain a warrant to spy on a former Trump campaign adviser.

And then continues to read:

Though Mr. Wray’s name was not attached to the statement...

edit on 31-1-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join