It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weekend Janets or serious work going on?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

For some reason I think you would fall in the over qualified category.

But yeah, I wouldn't want to live there either. I'm too spoiled with all this nature, and I love it.

Also, headed out to sky harbor in the morning. Gotta date with an otter.
edit on 26-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Its very funny reading all the twitter freakouts about this years red flag

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

They don't officially kick off until Monday. Yesterday was familiarization day, although they might be flying this weekend. They didn't fly much today they said.

They change the pattern at some airports at night for noise abatement. As it gets later they try to stay away from housing areas if they can.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits
Also, headed out to sky harbor in the morning. Gotta date with an otter.

Nice! I'm stuck in Florida all weekend, then back to Mississippi. I can't wait to get back out west again. I hate being this far east.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I've been watching a lot of mil planes come in, very exciting for me because we don't have much/any military flights. Funny enough we live about 20 miles away from a depot that repairs military radars, go figure

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

With luck, I've got two photo shoots that will go off in the next few months that will get some great shots of military aircraft.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

lucky lol, I get so jealous watching the media shoot all the red flag stuff. Got some great shots when we were out there. Amazing stuff

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

We park on either Cheyenne or by the track when we're at Nellis. Either way they go right over your head just about close enough to read the pilot and crew chief names through the camera.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

are the junkyard dogs still there? soo cute!
I think the coolest thing, the last night we were there we saw two b2s fly overhead. When they took off I swear I though they were ufos. Was very cool seeing the silhouette as they made the right turn

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

They were the last time we were there. We didn't get to go last summer, so it's been a couple years. We are still debating this summer, but I think we're going to have to wait until next year to go again.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

We really miss that area, we didn't do much in Vegas but did put 1200 miles on our rental between Tonopah, Searchlight and Death Valley.
Going to be watching adsb today again between stretches of the Rolex 24

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I really enjoy going through there. The Petro truck stop looks right down on the entire ramp. So I can park the truck, walk a couple hundred feet and watch them takeoff and go right over me to land. It's mostly shots of their belly going over, so not as good as from by the track, but still fun. We don't run that way anymore unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

ya know whats funny, we never though about going around to the other side of the base. Its so spread out there we totally forgot to check out the speedway as well.
Cool this morning, usually don't get to see stuff parked at Nellis

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

There was supposed to be one, but they had to send another the other day. They brought the RAF Typhoons and crews from the UK. They went from the UK, to Lajes, to Bermuda, then up through Florida. One of the fighters broke in Lajes so they sent another Voyager with a spare fighter to replace that one.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: nepatitan

ya know whats funny, we never though about going around to the other side of the base. Its so spread out there we totally forgot to check out the speedway as well.
Cool this morning, usually don't get to see stuff parked at Nellis

Besides the junk yard, you can park near the "back gate" of Nellis. If you are on "the list", the person that gets the tail numbers uses a spotting scope around that location. You can see all the planes, but nothing is close.

I haven't parked back there in years. It isn't as interesting as you would think. In fact, parking at Nellis to photograph planes isn't nearly as much fun as climbing the hill near Coyote Summit and watching the planes flying on the deck.

One year we had about ten people on the hill. The game warden thought we were hunters, but someone on the ground convinced the powers that be that the only shooting equipment on the hill used lenses.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nepatitan
So I've been watching adsb all day today due to red flag (sometimes you catch some cool stuff) and noticed that the Janets are going back and forth like crazy today. Are there workers that are there for the week and come home Fridays? Just seems a lot more traffic than usual from what I've seen. I think this is the 5th or 6th Janet I've seen since 2pm or so.

The Palmdale flights are Monday and Friday. So it is likely some stay for the week. I've never seen stats on how many passengers are on the Palmdale flights.

It is hard to watch the Palmdale flights. The terminal parking lot is only open to the public when there are commercial flights. I made a trek to Palmdale when the Skywest flights were active. I parked by the fence, but not near the no photography signs. The was the only time I ever saw helicopters do in flight refueling.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

long flight lol

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

condsidering it was the first time we have seen fighter jets up close (2 hours from McGuire afb very boring!) it was like Christmas morning for 5 days straight. We did get to see some dogfighting north of Rachel

link   

Especially in a fighter. They used to do east coast to Hawaii in a single hop, a long time ago. But after some health issues, and a few times of having to hoist pilots out of an F-16 they stopped that.

link   
a reply to: gariac

it was really a crazy amount last night

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join