It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weekend Janets or serious work going on?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

There are contractors on the ground manning threats. They also do CSAR. That is all simplex so you need to be camped out in a high spot near the range to listen. They make the scenario real enough in that there are also enemies on the ground to be avoided.

One of the more interesting experiences I had was camping near Brainwash Butte during a flag. There is considerable low altitude air traffic. They were flying that commie biplane (model escapes me) blacked out and low.

I sure wouldn't like to be camped in the high altitudes in January. Even car camping is nasty. When I've been crazy enough to car camp there in winter, I would wake up due to the cold and run the engine/heater for a while. No way you will suffer hyperthermia, but you won't get any decent sleep. You would really need a camper with heater to make a winter visit pleasant. The CSAR must be nasty.

If you park around the Cedar pipeline area, the contractors, or at least people in white trucks that I assume are the contractors, will leave the range in a steady stream of vehicles. They are most likely manning threats deep in the range. They could be heading to Groom or Rachel. I never bothered to follow them. In general, tracking workers isn't cool. These people have no idea if you are a dufus with a camera and scanner or some crank on a mission.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here is your RAF plane I presume going home.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

maybe he forgot something:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfoot007

I think the original Voyager that brought the Typhoons over was staying through the exercise.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hah. When you presume you make a pre out of you and me.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Heard an Aussie Growler had an aborted takeoff, with a possible fire..Don't have a link just yet.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EBJet

Just saw that from Nellis spotters, seems everyone is safe

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

we were definitely followed by a LM contractor from Cedar gate all the way past Rachel where we lost him off one of the side roads.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EBJet

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Engine let go on takeoff and ripped into the wing tank. Nose never rotated.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have a fairly silly question. This red flag is going to be huge correct, my gfs customer whos son is in the army reserves said he got the call to be prepared. My gf said she was very upset last time (a week ago) my gf saw her 1. I don't know if this is how things work 2. Could the large red flag be a ready up situation?

edit on 6Sat, 27 Jan 2018 18:13:05 -0600America/Chicago18062018000000127_ by nepatitan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

No. It takes weeks to get forces into an area. During Desert Shield, about the only thing to arrive for the first month or so were aircraft assets. It took a couple of months to move the ground units into place. That's one reason they began to place equipment in storage in areas we might need it.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

ahh ok, makes sense. was just strange because my gf said she was really upset that he might have to get called up.
Anyways I ended up finding nellis spotters on facebook. Very cool stuff.
E6B flying into the ranges as we speak
Edit : nevermind it was just flying past
edit on 6Sat, 27 Jan 2018 18:28:28 -0600America/Chicago18062018000000127_ by nepatitan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Any time there's a huge exercise people lose their damn minds and it's the end of the world.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join