It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Introduces Bill to Criminalize Plastic Straws, $1k fine and Jail time!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think the high tension of the San Andreas fault is messing with their heads.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Here comes the wannabe macho conservative mentality

“California is full of gays and liberals!”

Where do you live? Alabama?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You realize this isn’t going to actually happen, right? Conservatives are so naive.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
There's no way they could possibly enforce this law, are cops going to come into restaurants asking waiters to provide evidence the customer requested the straw, if a cop is at a restaurant and receives a straw without requesting one would he really arrest the waiter, I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
it's a strange spirit in Cali.....now it's extreme sports whack attack gone off the deep end lost all good sense God gave em

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What manly man actually uses a straw? The imagery is just too graphic.

I was thinking the same thing. A federal law should be written, if a man is caught using a straw he loses his man-card, and goes to manly-man boot camp for 6 months.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
I was thinking the same thing. A federal law should be written, if a man is caught using a straw he loses his man-card, and goes to manly-man boot camp for 6 months.

Now that's some nanny-stating I can get behind.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Why can't they make biodegradeable straws yet? Isn't there a way to do that? I thought in Europe their plastic is biodegradable?

Anyay OP it looks like your argument is partially sabotaged by the fact the law only criminalizes unrequested straws.

I agree I don't like too many nanny state rules. You're probably right Hillary, as Obama, are friendly to these things. At one time I was too. I'm not so sure anywmore. I've hit a crossroads, where I'm confused which way to go. I think my opinion now is if something can be convenient and not overbearing then lets do it.
edit on 1/26/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Umm, why not just pass a law that says straws should be by request only?

Why threaten a $1,000 fine and/or jail time to anyone who gives out a straw unrequested?

The city we live in just passed an ordinance during a drought summer that said servers should only give out water by request at restaurants ... but guess what? No one threatened the poor servers with fines or jail if they didn't comply! That's just madness and the height of stupidity right there.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Umm, why not just pass a law that says straws should be by request only?

Why threaten a $1,000 fine and/or jail time to anyone who gives out a straw unrequested?

The city we live in just passed an ordinance during a drought summer that said servers should only give out water by request at restaurants ... but guess what? No one threatened the poor servers with fines or jail if they didn't comply! That's just madness and the height of stupidity right there.

I agree it's overbearing, but that's little solace. I think it's subjective. At a certain time and place some of us will agree, and the nanny state slumbers. Something as trifling as a shift in the wind, or a change in the parks and recreation code, might bring the nanny state roaring back to life.

I guess I don't think it's as evident as it seems.
edit on 1/26/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I'm sorry for you.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You were the one who seemed fine with this whole thing. I think it's all pretty stupid. It's just easy enough to shift public perception by asking people not to use straws.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

i am sorry but if i came home and found some idiot cut my lock and STOLE MY STRUCK i would be right down to magistrates office with video to have tower arrested for grand theft auto. it was not sitting in yard like a rusting piece of junk it was secured behing a gate so tow truck guy broke and entered property to steal vechicle and if that did not work he would find boots on all his trucks i could find just because i am a hateful bastard.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I believe this in direct response to the Trump tax cut causing businesses to give out $1k bonuses.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

or this lady Bonnie Lee Bakley. she was murdered and jury ruled killer not quilty even tho he was covered in gunshot residue.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It is a rather abrupt change. Maybe have a strawing and no strawing sections before forcing your moralities on others for a few years first.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

There is nothing whatsoever here that should be criminalised..criminalised..roll that around a bit.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Plastic bags, straws, Styrofoam...

Wait until they ban toilet paper.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Plastic bags, straws, Styrofoam...

Wait until they ban toilet paper.

Imagine being the cop that has to investigate the over-use of toilet paper.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Oh yes, yes please. I put forth the following piece of advice, use every member of the DNC, and the left-wing media to watch every waiter/waitress in Cali 24/7, and make sure straws are given only to customers who request the straws... That would be a HUUUUUGE service to the United States.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join