It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Introduces Bill to Criminalize Plastic Straws, $1k fine and Jail time!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: jimmyx

it's REALLY, REALLY terrible here, we have millions of liberals, surfer dudes, kale eaters, wine snobs, and the worst, "Hollywood elites

Oh, trust me...we know. Why do you think there's so many threads about stupid sh** from California?
Nice weather doesn't make up for all that.

good good....stay away from all that stupid sh**....embrace your fear of california

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You can take my sippy-cup when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Even for dummies this should be the last straw.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As someone with severe neck issues I have to use a straw to drink.
Visit California but carry your own straw.
Imagine getting pulled over:
"No sir, I don't use it to snort drugs, it's just for drinking!"

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Some well placed depth charges along that fault line...and the rest of the country doesn't have to put up with this idiocy . Please place the charges all the way up to Vancouver...please.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Democrats...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You'll just support anything because dems do it don't you?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Is this for real? California is embarrassing. They seem to go too far. This will only affect the poor. The rich will have all the straws they desire. The wealthy get of scott-free as they will have all the money to hire the best lawyers. They will be able to influence the jurors, find loopholes. This is insane.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

We don't have nice weather, we have one 'Season' recording hottest records in years, and drought
edit on 25-1-2018 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

It used to be people didnt wanted to go to places like North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran etc for fear of going to jail for some crazy outragious crime, only crazy people would make illegal. Now, i dont know, seems like California needs to be added to the list of places ruled by fanatics, enter at youre own risk!

Dont drink from straws, dont feed the homeless, and whatever you do, dont ever, never speak about He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, or the trumpets will sound and hell in all its glory will be released upon you!

Dangerous place, California...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They also screwed the entire trucking industry by using fake research to shove DPF filters onto every truck. All they do is make trucks catch fire six or seven times more often, and in minor accidents, and cost drivers thousands of dollars every couple of years.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

if you are the customer you can request a straw every time you need one anywhere....the fine starts at 25 dollars for the one who gave it to you without customer request (and it probably would come with several warnings first)....jail time is the last resort..........at least Californians can read, maybe if you ate fruits and nuts, you could too.

It isn't the ridiculous process. It's that there's even a process to begin with for this.

Unbelievable nanny-state BS. It's amazing to me how you'll defend this garbage. No wonder California is the way it is.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Ah, but you won't be passing it out to poor innocent customers... You should be safe.

Jailtime for straw distribution... Nope, still silly.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

What happens when a waitperson delivers a requested straw to the wrong table?

You're setting up a "strawman argument"

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

CAN'T YOU READ????.......if you want one, ask for one and they will give you one, THAT'S IT........are there too many big words for you?....do you have comprehension problems?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

And it's utterly absurd no matter how you slice it. This is a great example of nanny state run amok. Yes, it's simple to request one, but it's ridiculous to include fines and possible jail time, even if they're almost never used.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

CAN'T YOU READ????.......if you want one, ask for one and they will give you one, THAT'S IT........are there too many big words for you?....do you have comprehension problems?

The elitist mentality that creates these laws on display for everyone to see.

Thank you for your service, jimmyx. Thank you for your service.
edit on 25 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What manly man actually uses a straw? The imagery is just too graphic.

We don't all have a proboscis like the masons!

edit on 25-1-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Are those laws enforced?? Assuming, since I'm not going to check, they exist at all.

There are any number of laws on the books that are nonsensical for what ever reason... A law mandating jailtime for illegal straw distribution should be counted among them.

Illegal straw distribution. Sounds silly just typing it.

Now importantly, when were those dumb laws proposed... Yesterday? Or years ago and simply not thieves

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How would you like to be the guy or gal or what the hell ever, that get's asked " What you doing time for". Regardless you gonna get your arse beat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join