It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Enjoyable read for dinner time. Thanks for all the good work you put into it.

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement Blue..my grammar is lousy and my creative writing skills are fairly dull, not to mention my limited vocabulary. I had more descriptive stuff to write about their walk from the woods to the Shed, as well as adding more description on how they all played music together on these wonderful instruments, but .. but.. I would have ended going on forever until Sheye got there. Lol

Thanks for your patience with me, as I hopefully develop a better style.🙂

I thought you did pretty good with grammar and all. As for how I am doing today, the sinus monster has decided to come visit me once again. Since I have been off the medicine to help with my sleep I sleep for maybe 2 hours each night now.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Not offended, just don't care for it. Love the pic!

No need to sick the dogs on me as I was merely speaking in jest to aid in keeping your brain warm during this cold weather.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Back home from my gig... about 1am?
Good Gig!
First time there, and first proper gig with new "Hooley".
I've had a sore throat / cold for about a week now, but it held up surprisingly well! and everyone seemed to enjoy the music.

Just settling down with a we dram before bed. (I can never get straight to sleep after a gig.... still "buzzing" with adrenalin!

Hello Shedland - it is now officially THE WEEKEND! WooHooo!

G

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Nice to see that you had a good night. Dinner is in the fridge.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Waves to Gordie .

I can imagine it’s an adrenaline rush to be up on stage playing for an audience. Happy to hear you’re enjoying a wee dram and relaxing.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Nice to see that you had a good night. Dinner is in the fridge.

Is there some for me too Blue, all I ate was a Whopper meal today with my son when we went running errands. It was not good at all, and I’ve felt a little off in the stomach since I ate it. I did buy real food today , but I don’t feel like steaming veggies, and making a whole meal this late. A whopper meal probably has enough calories to last me a day anyhow. 😏

I think I want peppermint tea with a half ounce of peppermint schnapps in it to settle my stomach.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I missed this post somehow. I loved your entry and you shouldn't be too hard on yourself! I know there are far better writers on this site than me, but I tell stories anyway.
I try not to let limitations get in the way of my writing or I would never write. So keep your inspiring music going and just let the words flow.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hmmm. The weird weather I'm battling against is apparently a morphing "bomb cyclone".

It's the first time I see something like it.

www.theweathernetwork.com... -connecticut-new-long-island-virginia-pennsylvania-midwest-storm-march-photos-videos/96676

Hmm, this one is going to take wayyy more energy from me than I expected.

I hope you are okay?

edit on 2-3-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Blue, You get less sleep than I do! I'm about to take a nap or at least get comfy on the couch and rest for a while.

Gordi, awesome that you got to play out tonight! Sweet dreams!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Very nice Sheye, you should write more.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

So far I am. LOL

My friend in a neighboring town has her street corded off because of falling trees. In some nearby States there is a lot of damage with fallen poles and electrical lines, flooding...Yikes!
Going to rest now. Be back later.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

That makes 3 of us now joining in.
Anyone else interested? Tom can help you with some guidelines on where we will be taking this story.

Nope, I am already confused not even Tom could help. But I do enjoy the writing.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I missed this post somehow. I loved your entry and you shouldn't be too hard on yourself! I know there are far better writers on this site than me, but I tell stories anyway.
I try not to let limitations get in the way of my writing or I would never write. So keep your inspiring music going and just let the words flow.

Thanks so much for the kind words night. It’s slow going with a one finger typing method on the phone and typos are more irritating to correct 😏.

I wish I could type as fast as I think it ,because it would make for better flow of sentences..I think.

Any advice you can give me Night, would be greatly appreciated.. you have much more experience than I do. Actually any advice anyone could give me would be well taken and appreciated.

You should see Jack and River’s stained glass cottage, with beautiful Mahogany wood.😉

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Stay safe Honey! I'll be back later.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
"bomb cyclone".
Hmm, this one is going to take wayyy more energy from me than I expected.

Swanne, can't you just absorb it? Seriously, instead of fighting it integrate it. Kind of like Aikido, you could be the "Aikido Weather Master". You are already the "Weather Whisperer"
Good to see you friend, how are you?
Is a Shed friend a "Shiend"? I think so.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Anyone else interested? Tom can help you with some guidelines on where we will be taking this story.

Nope, I am already confused not even Tom could help. But I do enjoy the writing.

Thanks for the encouragement WIS.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I LOVE stained glass!

As for writing tips, there are writer sites that are very informative, a thesaurus comes in handy, you already know about music being inspiring.

edit on 2-3-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Oh Wis, your writing is truly amazing! Just think... side story for now and knowing that something isn't right, something really bad is about to happen, but no one is quite sure what or why. That's kind of it in a nutshell. Tom or Gordi can tell you more in a PM or in here. Eventually as the story goes on, we meet up and do battle against evil.
DO IT!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Y’all know how in movies the characters that are about to break down often cut their hair off? (I’m picturing Luke Wilson in The Royal Tenenbaums)? Or real life meltdowns, like Brittany Spears?.....

I cut my hair today. Kinda daring myself to fudge it up so I have an excuse to get a real cut. Not sure if I did decent. But it’s a couple inches shorter! And hopefully I’m not gonna snap!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Oh Wis, your writing is truly amazing!
DO IT!

Thank you much dear, you are a silly goose for making such an elaborate proclamation. This said in all kindness because geese are my second favorite fowl.
But No
I feel utterly inadequate.

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join