It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you so much for posting that video ! ... also for the tips. I’ll check out some websites.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Good Lord, noooo don't snap. What's going on Sweetie???

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

But No
I feel utterly inadequate.

How you feel and reality can be two very different things. I know how you write and you are in no way inadequate. You are just looking for excuses not to write. LOL Stop that!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I don’t even know. I think I’m too young for my midlife crisis! 😆

I’ll be ok. I’m just having a hard time, and trying to keep it together. I feel so very lost and not myself, or who I have always known as myself...... maybe I’m just finding a truer sense of me, and it’s wigging me out.

Thank you for caring❤️

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
How can you possibly feel inadequate? Your posts are some of the most interesting and well written posts on these threads and I’m sure you have just as interesting and unique writing style.

I’d love to read one of your stories WIS... but only if you choose it for yourself.
Please... 😕

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Actually any advice anyone could give me would be well taken and appreciated.

Well since you are asking and I must emphasize, I can only speak for my self.
It must be a passion you can not resist. Even the tiniest voice inside you, just a whisper, do not resist it, it wills to live and it will grow as you nourish it.
Read, read, read. The classics, the great authors, read. Absorb greatness.
Become You.
Follow the infinite minute urges, speaking in your inner dialogue, write it down and explore your own unique pattern.
We all walk on the paths of giants and that is good.
Find those, shall we say, more proficiant and beg them for critique.

May I share an anecdote.
When I after over a decade of refusing to speak English, I decided to take it up again. I started with Tolkien. His vocabulary is elaborate and I sat with a dictionary reading evrey page.
Oh and don't feel bad about spelling, I can not function with out spell check, which ironically is off now, so, so am I.

edit on 2-3-2018 by WalkInSilence because: poop

edit on 2-3-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blah

edit on 2-3-2018 by WalkInSilence because: crap

edit on 2-3-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

edit on 2-3-2018 by WalkInSilence because: What

edit on 2-3-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blipp

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I like your advice, but my taste in writing doesn’t always lean towards the old classics.

Out of curiosity have you ever heard of this author, who is now dead? Love her quirky unique story lines, as well as her characters .

maevebinchy.com...

Thanks again for the great advice.👍🏼

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

I don’t even know. I think I’m too young for my midlife crisis! 😆

I’ll be ok. I’m just having a hard time, and trying to keep it together. I feel so very lost and not myself, or who I have always known as myself...... maybe I’m just finding a truer sense of me, and it’s wigging me out.

Thank you for caring❤️

Everyone finds their own way of coping and hopefully you will as well. You can shoot a PM if you'd like to talk about it. Life isn't always rainbows and lollipops and there is much we must learn along the way in our life adventures. It isn't easy and sometimes we need to be a warrior battling against the things that put us in dark places.

Hugs for you Chels! Keep pushing forward and never surrender. You won't be alone. Not here.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It must be a passion you can not resist. Even the tiniest voice inside you, just a whisper, do not resist it, it wills to live and it will grow as you nourish it.
Read, read, read. The classics, the great authors, read. Absorb greatness.
Become You.
Follow the infinite minute urges, speaking in your inner dialogue, write it down and explore your own unique pattern.
We all walk on the paths of giants and that is good.
Find those, shall we say, more proficiant and beg them for critique.

And you say you are inadequate as a writer? Pfffft! That was so beautifully written! I find you most impressive with your way of speaking and writing.

Just that...'proficiant' is spelled wrong, there should have been an e instead of an a in there. LOL

edit on 2-3-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Too complicated and too tired.
Must rest.

Sleep well in your caves, dream of greatness.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Sorry Night. Post removed.

edit on 2/3/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Light, that was great! Wow! Loved this!
Just one thing I'd like mention so that you know in the future. When we co-write a story we don't usually play another person's character. We interact with them, but by playing someone else's character it can throw things off. I have had my main Character played by others in the past and it was out of character for her and left me wondering how to get out of a situation they put me in. LOL

Pesky the pixie is known as the constant companion of Night Star the Elf, Hugo the winged wildcat, Wolf the white wolf and Storm the dragon. Oh and Jojopo the goblin who I have been neglecting lately.

I can work with what you just wrote though, so don't fret. So happy that you have decided to join us! We are going to have side stories to build up to a great battle, but there is much that can and will happen before then. So there is much you can write about in the meantime. Thanks so much for joining us. This is so much fun!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just cause I felt like it to shake it up.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

When Pesky arrived home, she found Night Star sleeping peacefully beneath a soft thick quilt of burgundy velvet embroidered with gold metallic threads. The pixie yanked the Elf's hair. "Wake up! Night you must wake up! Rider and his Sister dragons and I had an adventure!" she said excitedly. "And...and we fought off strange creatures that were heading toward the Shed and..."

The beautiful Elf was startled by the sudden arrival of her little companion. It took a minute for the pixies words to sink in. Night bolted out of bed and grabbed the white silk robe from the padded decorative chair beside her bed. "WHAT are you talking about? Are you out of your mind? Surely you were dreaming." She slipped into the robe and padded across the hardwood floor to peer out the window. She couldn't see Driver or his dragons or anything out of the norm, only stars across a lonely night.

Pesky landed on a flower in the crystal vase on the sill. "Night Star, you must listen to me." she said firmly. "You haven't been yourself in quite some time. What has happened to your pyschic abilities? What has happened to...you? You mope around, you haven't been practicing your battle maneuvers or been interacting with anyone. There is something wrong in Accassia and throughout the KIngdoms of the Shedlands!"

The Elf looked at Pesky solemnly. I have been trying to heal dear one. Ever since the great Witch war...losing My twin Brother then Garren our dear friend, the boy who became King and all the fierce, brave warriors we knew and loved...it took so much away from me, my strength, my abilities...my...self."

She shook off the feeling of gloom and perked up. "Wait...Driver was never told about Storm being the Lord of the dragons? He should have sought out his help. I knew of the Sister dragons, their power and might, but, they should not have gone alone if they felt the Shed was threatened. And why didn't Driver come to me and inform me? Where did he get the information about the threat?" Perhaps the tavern she thought, but couldn't be sure. Maybe he didn't have time and he protected them. This night, they were safe.

She didn't know what kind of darkness lurked within the realms, but she had to be ready to face it. Night slipped her beautifully crafted sword from its scabbard to sharpen. The blade gleamed in the moonlight as the Elven etchings glowed softly. Pesky cocked her head to the side. "Ummm...aren't you going to get dressed. You know, just in case?"

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Sorry Night. Post removed.

GAH, NOOOOOOOO! Bring it back! I just made a big long entry based on what you wrote. It was great!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Light, you have time to edit and put it back! Please put it back!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
LIGHT! Come back! Oh man, I loved your entry! I didn't mean for you take offense by what I wrote. That was the farthest thing from my mind. Why do I always screw things up?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So they went to bed and left me to my own mischief!

I was catching up before I passed out myself and logged in to ask light to please repost your addition..

I really hope you have it saved somewhere !

Also shey,
I loved your post,riverbabe has yet to begin discovering the beauty and serenity of the shedlands.

Night,
Your post was great! I wish I could see how it interplayed with lights entry. Don't be so hard on yourself ,
It is intimidating to post here, amongst so many talented and gifted writers.. and laying out how it all works is no easy task. I myself had my first entry (shed 8 I think) sitting in my note pad for weeks before I posted...

You my dear do not screw everything up ..oh contraire..

If the shed is an ancient tome, and each poster is a chapter,Your soft and caring demeanor is the glue that binds all the pages in to one formidable book, the painted nails that hold this special place together..

/hugeowlbearhugs

Goodnight gang,

Respectfully,
~ meathead

edit on 3-3-2018 by Mike Stivic because: when your ready to pass out and you double check your stars took and they didn't so I you have to log back in to restar...#firstworldprobs

edit on 3-3-2018 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2018 by Mike Stivic because: Fixed what needed to be fixed..

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Good morning.

2 mugs of black coffee woke me up and a short walk to a nearby shop to get tobacco in -19c woke me up even more. I just spent time in my sauna for a good while.

Now, like some of you, i am a cat person but what do you think of this fellow? I would like to run around with one, and battle for the ownership of a stick

"The Xoloitzcuintli, or Xolo for short, is a hairless breed of dog, found in toy, miniature, and standard sizes. The Xolo also comes in a coated variety and coated and hairless can be born in the same litter. It is also known as Mexican hairless dog in English-speaking countries, and is one of several breeds of hairless dog."

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Good morning Fin.. hope your rest was rejuvenating, as your coffee and walk were.

... that is a very majestic looking dog. It has very long ears.. must hear exceptionally well. The idea of an animal that doesn’t shed hair is appealing to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join