It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Behold this kitten watching a horror movie.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Haha! I learned my new thing for today! It’s awesome that I can chat with people across the world, and learn directly from them!

What do y’all call 👖 pants?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

That’s so great! I think I do the same thing, except I usually have my hands in front of my face, asking to be told when it’s ok to look again!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

Haha! I learned my new thing for today! It’s awesome that I can chat with people across the world, and learn directly from them!

What do y’all call 👖 pants?

Allow me. Pants are underwear in the UK. Smalls, boxers, unmentionables, etc. Trousers, often called a pair of trousers even though it is only one piece of clothing is the British English name for what Americans call pants. Pantaloons is the root word.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

...What do y’all call 👖 pants?

As Light said...
Trousers (or Jeans if they're made of denim).

We are separated by a common language!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Wow.

You echo so well my own attitude concerning management of weather.

So true.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Pantaloons is the root word.

In French we call those "pantalons".

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

In Oz we call them "strides" or "daks" ...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

You live next to the Wicked Witch of the West?

edit on 3-3-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Pantaloons is the root word.

In French we call those "pantalons".

I know but Americans (just like the British!) love to bastardise language. And hey, screw those froggy snail-eating weirdos!

ETA The English have always had a love/hate relationship with the French. Speaking personally I love the French, their cooking, their culture and their manners. Paris sucks but so does London. French onion soup is the God of soups but I refuse to eat snails or frogs. There is a Michelin starred French chef in England (no crap!) and he revealed that the French call the English (traditionally at war with each other for hundreds of years through the ages) Roast Beef. What's worse? Being a frog or a cow?

edit on 3/3/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ha, Technically I am French Canadian, whose language, though called French, is drastically different from France. It's a bit like American English vs British English.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I get it. Have you seen the movie Bon Cop Bad Cop? It is hilarious and there is a version 2. Canadians are cool. Almost freezing in fact. Hold the poutine though, it's too weird...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well I am Southern American (not to be confused with South American😁)..... and will now refer to my pants as pantaloons (minus an “O” at times), daks, and increase the use of jeans.

Y’all keep teaching me! I’m gonna expand my word bank and mess with the natives!

What do you guys call soda? The locals here call it “pop”. I’ve always referred to all sodas as “coke”.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
To all of our East Coasters, West Coasters, UK/Scottland Coasters and Coasters all around the world that going through dangerous weather events, my thoughts and concerns are with all of you at this time.

I'm a Third Coaster myself but since I live near NASA that makes me a Space Coaster.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Another silly language thing. I ordered coke in a bar while there with a Dutch friend. Both the Dutch friend and the bartender looked at me kinda weird. Then my Dutch friend told me if you ask for coke in the Netherlands you ask for coc aine which obviously is not something they sell openly over the counter. That was not my intention (I hate hard drugs!) but I never made that mistake again. They call coca-cola cola here.

Doe mij maar een cola.

Embarrassing but kinda funny at the same time. (I hate drugs, some of them apparently involve you sticking them up your nose, painful at best)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yup, Bon Cop Bad Cop is a cult movie up here.

You might be right about the poutine, but in our defence, it IS pretty good.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'm not sure it's a good idea to refer to things as "coke" with law enforcement officers around though.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

“Would you mind to grab me a coke from the fridge?”

Do I sound like a user asking that? 😂

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

In some areas in the USA, that would probably be motivation enough for the police to a violent, aggressive and forceful arrestation.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yeah, we have some of those around here. Which adds to the reasons why I don’t fraternize with law enforcement.

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join