It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I once got up at those ungodly hours.

Oh yum! Enjoy that meal of yours! Now I want an after midnight snack.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I somehow love that picture. It is very simple and small, but somehow it touches me right now. Thanks

I always love the Wister's pooh bear pics as well as all the other wonderful pics she shares!

I was going to say, there is a lot of love in Pooh, but...that sounds funny now. LOL
edit on 22-1-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yeah WIS is wonderful!

A bad feeling is starting to set in. I am always the receiver. Always. Welfare from social security. Mom. Friends. The Shed.

I want to give back because i have received so much! But maybe i am too weak. If i get stronger i will do something good, i promise!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You already do things for us Fin, just by showing up and being you.
So don't you worry about a thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Light, I'm watching the movie 'Gifted' that you recommended and it's just wonderful!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You already do things for us Fin, just by showing up and being you.
So don't you worry about a thing.

Ok then

I just went to a nearby shop. My lighter died and i needed a new one. And also some home wine from a friend nearby. While he was putting the wine to the bottles, i had a conversation with his cat. A fine lady cat. I talked to her about my worries and in return i pet under her chin, she likes it very much!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Ok then, now i am all kalsarikännit!

www.unilad.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

www.unilad.co.uk...

😆😆😆...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Just working alot. Over 12 hours a day. How have you been?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Educational Tutorial.
Pooh. Land of origin Great Britain

Calvin and Hobbes. Land of origin USA

On a side note, I too can swear in five languages and my favorite flavoured olive is green olives with anchovies too. If I eat them with fresh garlic I am sure to have my preferred four foot people free zone around me. But they are notoriously hard to come by here. Cheers.
edit on 23-1-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Just working alot. Over 12 hours a day.

Rider that's abuse, I hope you can cope.
It is nice to see you in here,

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I always love the Wister's pooh bear pics ....
I was going to say, there is a lot of love in Pooh, but...that sounds funny now. LOL

Thank you, but where did that come from? You must have been tired, but it gave me a chance to pull an Eor.

I hope you have a nice day, sweetie.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Greets to all.

Night Star, glad you liked the movie as did I. That little girl is a star already, I just hope she manages to have a regular child-hood at the same time. Hopefully her parents will make sure of that. It makes a nice change to see a different kind of movie every once in a while.

Well, I'm off to drink beer and try to remove the mental image of someone drinking beer in his underpants. I hadn't expected to wake up and read that! LOL

/me waves at Jacy

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Lol !

Thanks WIS. 🤣

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

www.unilad.co.uk...

Bahahaha!

Nice that you talk to the kitty. I talk to my cat and turtle and fish. Well, not for long, but still.
edit on 23-1-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Just working alot. Over 12 hours a day. How have you been?

Too many hours!!!!!! OMG, I would die! I did some of that many years ago, but towards the end of my working days, I could barely survive 8 hours. I feel for you! Just try to pop in whenever you can Hun!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

I always love the Wister's pooh bear pics ....

Thank you, but where did that come from? You must have been tired, but it gave me a chance to pull an Eor.

I hope you have a nice day, sweetie.

I was tired yes. I thought about how awesome Pooh Bear is but poo is crap and well...it didn't fit. LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hello Sheye, Light and Timely! Hello Sheddites far and wide and lurking!

Longing for Spring where everything isn't so cold and grey and dreary.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Hello Sheye, Light and Timely! Hello Sheddites far and wide and lurking!

Longing for Spring where everything isn't so cold and grey and dreary.

Hi Night and fellow Sheddites * waves*

I too am looking forward to Spring. Was foggy and grey here today. Ah well..we’re over the hump of winter here.. I think.🤔 It’s been almost 3 months of winter ( ours can often start in late October).. hopefully March comes in like a lamb and leaves like one. Doubt it though.

Heres to a nice mug of spiced wine by the invitingly warm fireplace of the Shed. Do join me , all those who need a reprieve from the cold chilly winter.

edit on 23-1-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yeah WIS is wonderful!

Thanks sweetie, but to set the record straight I am not really an average nice person. I tend to be arrogant, I do not suffer fools, I react harshly to manipulation and I can't stand passive aggressive behavior or people on power trips. It makes me widely unpopular, a condition I handle better than the people who try to subdue me.

A bad feeling is starting to set in. I am always the receiver. Always....
I want to give back because i have received so much! But maybe i am too weak.

It's my day off, so, after reading this, this morning I have thought of a proper reply, whilst going about the day.
It speaks to me, has almost my whole grown life.
Unfortunately you won't hear me say "It'll get better" "Tomorrow is another day" "Release your own strength and prosperity that lives within you"
I can't honestly do that because I tried that for many years and just made me feel like more of a failure.

What I can say is, I know it is a painful place to be, it is lonely and you feel like an out cast and then comes the blaming, we want to blame some one, something.
Perhaps their is blame to be placed, I know I can find plenty, but it does help me. It just makes me even more pitiful because I allow some one to have control of my emotions. And then I turn into that hateful thing that caused the problem.
What I did and do is embrace the pain, let it speak to me, let myself be wounded and let "nature" help me find ways to heal that wound so it becomes a telling tattoo on my heart. I give myself all the compassion I need, avoiding people who tell me to pucker up. Our lives aren't boot camp, they are schools of the soul.
This pertains to you blaming your self for being a "receiver". When we learn to show ourselves compassion we are compelled to give in so many different ways.
Little deeds of kindness matter.
Can you smile, can you open a door, can you hold a hand or just listen, most importantly can you try to be graceful to the person who just ignored you or insulted you. That last one is very hard for me, very. But if we can be kind we are not just receivers.
When I feel lonely I try to dig deeper into what it is I can't fulfill within myself. No one can fill that void.
An out cast, Ahh my greatest challenge. We want to be part of something. My gage is when ever I need to compromise my self I know it is time for me to move on.

Weakness. Our society dictates the interpretation of weakness and strength. It is arbitrary. And we do not a very good job of turning a so-called weakness into a strength.
I don't find you weak, you are kind, inquisitive and funny. A little lost perhaps. But our internal GPS isn't always up to date. Mine isn't.
Hugs Fin

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join