It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sounds like you had a great day of bargain hunting. Cut glass and me don't mix, you pour, I'll stir.

As for chiming clocks; they sound cute. When you're laying in your bed and can't sleep at 4 a.m. in the morning the last thing I want to hear is "Bong....bong....bong....bong...."

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
It's been awfully quiet in here. Is everyone at Sheyes partying?

This dude was sleeping. I just woke up, 3:25 AM now. Drinking wine, but in need of coffee. That will be next.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I had a lovely time with my Sister! Thanks!
We had lunch at this nice little place that always has fresh flowers on the table and great food.

I finally spent the Christmas money I had. We went to an antique store downtown which has mostly antiques , but other things as well. I got a hell of a deal on some rings and got a cool looking creamer that is cut glass with a metal handle and lid. There is a lion head on a part of the lid and the cream pours out of its mouth. Very cool! No dragons though except for a huge intricately carved bench with a dragon design which was very expensive. I didn't get that though. LOL! The craftsmanship of some of their furniture pieces are just exquisite!

One of these days I want a chiming mantle clock, not that I have a mantle to put it on, but always wanted one. I would never have the room for a Grandfathers clock or the money, but man are they awesome. The chiming is magical.

It's been awfully quiet in here. Is everyone at Sheyes partying?

Sounds like you had a wonderful lunch and some fun shopping with your sis. It’s lovely to get little treasures at an antique store. Haven’t done that in a long while. I miss it .

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Sounds like you had a wonderful lunch and some fun shopping with your sis. It’s lovely to get little treasures at an antique store. Haven’t done that in a long while. I miss it .

I think you should do it then! It could be a birthday present to you, from yourself

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Just thought I would share a little ATS fun history.
On the eve of New Years 2015/2016 our fabulous fun loving Mods greeted every one who opened ATS with this little treat.

Just thought of it and wanted to share.
This isn't the best nor longest version, regretfully I lost the real one.
Let's dance The Hamster Dance with Sheye.

edit on 24-1-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blah

edit on 24-1-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Ooooh, good song Fin!!!!!!!

Wine for breakfast? Hope it's Elvan wine, you won't get sick or have a hang over, but you sure will feel great!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Some of the clocks I hear in the antique store are rather enchanting and not loud. Though...I just might find one by looks alone without any sound affects.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Oh you must go! I love going, even if I don't buy anything. You never know what you might come across.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Ok, I like dancing. Maybe Fin will share some of his wine with us.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Some of the clocks I hear in the antique store are rather enchanting and not loud. Though...I just might find one by looks alone without any sound affects.

Try the second hand market. You will get something a lot better and a lot cheaper ... if you hunt around a bit.

Garage sales and such like are the best places to go.

P

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The Hamster dance ? 😆... we could dance to this song and dedicate it to the mods. I’d love to dedicate this song to the mods 😆😉

Now everyone do the hamster dance .

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Great advice Hun, but with spinal stenosis, arthritis and nerve damage pain I just can't walk around too much. I do go to second hand shops that have carts I can lean on and spend a good amount of time there. No good clocks though. Plus...I'm lucky to get out twice a week and there are no yard sales or flea markets on those days anyway.

I can check e-bay maybe or go back to the antique store downtown.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

True.. and I love garage sales for the same reason.

But to be honest I’m more about downsizing in my life right now.. I have enough “ interesting “ things.

Finn... that is why I probably won’t go treat myself.. though it is fun just to look.

edit on 24-1-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

So how is the Birthday girl? Did the kids make you any cards?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Ok, I like dancing. Maybe Fin will share some of his wine with us.

Sure! I have over 5 litres of that stuff! But i will not dance
Because i can't... good dancers look good but i am not one of those, you know

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

So how is the Birthday girl? Did the kids make you any cards?

No... but they gave me some nice store bought ones .. and my son made me a delicious supper.

Had some nice birthday calls today from friends and family and those are always nice. My sister offered to take me out for lunch, but she is still getting over a bad cold, so we postponed it.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Awww, sweet! Well, at least you have a Birthday dinner with your Sister to look forward to now.

I need to downsize too actually. I always give things away to friends and family members or donate items.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

No one can dance until they learn and it's a lot easier than you think. Lessons start soon. Our dance hall will be open and there will be a tutor waiting for you.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

No one can dance until they learn and it's a lot easier than you think. Lessons start soon. Our dance hall will be open and there will be a tutor waiting for you.

Cool! but i will not be an easy learner. Back in the days, my ex-girlfiend's mom tried to teach me to dance. We were at a karaoke bar very often. I did not learn!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Step away from the wine. You will learn as our experts here are magical beings and know how to handle you. I think. LOL

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join