It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I'm sorry, I got confused, no disrespect to Finland meant. Memory and alcohol....

edit on 22/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA Commodore64 was the best gaming PC of the day. My Dad had one, an expensive thing at the time, around a whole month of salary/wages. He let me use it though so it was all good.

It's funny you say you started to learn English on that. I've met 2 Dutch people in all my time here and to hear them talk, unlike most Dutch people (no disrespect Dutchies), I couldn't tell them apart from a native speaker. One of these people told me he learnt to speak English because of computer games.

Most Dutch have a problem with the English "th" sound (the teeth between the tongue) as they don't have that sound in Dutch. My name (Matthew) usually trips everyone up. It's sweet to see and there are plenty of Dutch sounds that trip me up. I once (well twice actually) got so drunk that my facial muscles stopped cooperating so I asked the Dutchies if they would mind if I switched to English. They said no, they didn't mind. I spoke in English but then they all switched to English too which wasn't my intention at all. I said "Guys, I don't mean we all speak English!". They switched back to Dutch and the conversation continued as normal...
edit on 22/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 22/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Oh look, company!

Hello Gentlemen of the Shed Lands!

Fin, my pain is tolerable today. Thanks for asking! Your English is probably better than mine! Amazing that some folks can pick up another language. I always sucked at that. I would learn many words or phrases and then forget most of what I learned, just couldn't retain the info.

Light, glad you e-mailed the rental company and I hope something is done and soon!

Hiya Timely Dave! Waves from across the big pond.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Finspiracy

I'm sorry, I got confused, no disrespect to Finland meant. Memory and alcohol....

No need to be sorry, friend of mine! Norway is a fine country, if i had more money i would most likely have a vacation there!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Fin, my pain is tolerable today. Thanks for asking! Your English is probably better than mine! Amazing that some folks can pick up another language. I always sucked at that. I would learn many words or phrases and then forget most of what I learned, just couldn't retain the info.

Oh thanks for the compliments. Feels good. But my math is horrible. Even the very basic things.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'd never have learned Dutch if I didn't live here. Most European languages have the syntax in reverse order when you compare it English, so I read anyway. I notice it with some Dutch friends that if they don't use their English every once in a while they get "rusty". I try to help where I can and stimulate them gently every once in a while.

Silly factoid. You can't tell someone in Dutch to go F themselves. Well, you can, but it just sounds silly. Dutch is a language of diseases, they usually tell each other to catch cancer, typhus or cholera as a curse. "Rot away" (literally translated) is their version of "F you!". Strange but true.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Fin, I always hated math! I loved the more creative classes like music appreciation, art, etc. I was the daydreamer who glanced out the windows at the sky and trees and dreamed the hours away. I was also quite sociable and enjoyed making people laugh and made people feel good about themselves. I loved good company and conversation and pondered the mysteries of the world.

OMG, Fin, you cracked me up! LOL

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star I was the daydreamer who glanced out the windows at the sky and trees and dreamed the hours away.

I think that you still are like that!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: Night Star I was the daydreamer who glanced out the windows at the sky and trees and dreamed the hours away.

I think that you still are like that!

LOL! I am!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

* Waves back enthusiastically !

I can swear in 5 languages ... so there !

😉

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Hahaha, that's one of the first things I wanted to learn when asking my ex coworkers.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

edit on 22-1-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Your DP cover up reminded me of Syx.
Have you heard from him ?

✌

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hey you. I am so envious. I would love to be face to face with some of the lovely people in here.

I would be miserable, hugging and crying and laughing.
I hope you had a wonderful time

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Your DP cover up reminded me of Syx.
Have you heard from him ?

✌

You caught that did you? LOL

All I know is that he is still alive and nothing else. Losing our mighty dragon guardian has a left a big hole in the realm and in our hearts. Storm, my dragon has had to take over as one of the Guardians, but if Syx should ever return, he will be given his rightful place as Guardian. I miss Syx terribly. He was always so filled with life and love for his fellow Sheddites, a wonderful host welcoming new comers, a wonderful writer and friend.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I wish we could ALL get together. Can you imagine how amazing that would be? That would be epic!
How are you this evening Wise Woman?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I miss him too,

As Night said, and he always had time and compassion for every one. He could engage every one.
Hail To the Old Warrior of The Shed

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
For Syx.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I wish we could ALL get together. Can you imagine how amazing that would be? That would be epic!

All of you, all the people who created The Shed from the very beginning, I would love to see the creators an pay them homage. And all the others who have a heart to give a hug. Every one.

We should have a private island and two weeks of merry making, time to relax, tell tales, sing songs and play games.

How are you this evening Wise Woman?

Hon, please don't call me wise, if that were the case I wouldn't be where I am.
To answer your question, if I just focus on this moment in time, I am comfortable. Without considering the past that causes me stress, nor the future that scares me. I am fine. In this micro moment.
And you, is life being kind to you?
edit on 22-1-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blah

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

I can swear in 5 languages ... so there !

😉

Me too, you made count.
English, Danish, German, French, Swedish.
Is this a contest?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Haha ... no contest, just a shameful fact.

Greek, Italian, Lebanese, Slovenian and English.

Arivaderci. 😎

ED: I was getting alright with Portuguese when I stayed in Rio. They kept calling me gringo !
edit on 22-1-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join