It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Gordi, thanks for all of the pictures.

Night, thanks for finding those Gordi music videos for us.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

My pleasure Blue! Watching a fantasy movie.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Awesome! 10x better than the original..

I love how the programme recognized the innate beauty in the mirrors reflection and left it ambiguous.

Wonderful!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

How's your weather? We got as far as I last heard, 20 inches. Can someone send me an iditarod please?

edit on 13-3-2018 by Night Star because: Can't spell!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

edit on 13-3-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hello!
*snakes a hand out from the leaves and waves lurkingly*

*flicks a doughnut crumb at the scotsman*
Gordi! I loved all the photos!

Scotland (and England, and Ireland) has always been on my travelling list. Maybe onnnnee day. *wistful sigh* Maybe I'll become a travel-blogger and amass a following who'll pay for my adventures.
(highly doubtful, not personable or social enough to cater to an audience like all those 20-somethings with flowing blonde hair are able to do.)

Everything's going well over here. I joined a blogging platform thingee yesterday and am trying to get my smaller writings ~out there~. I'm attracting more bots than real people, but I shall persevere!! *expands an aura of triumph*. Dave's doing well back in the US (not back in LA thankfully!!!!), he found a job pretty much instantly and is working on returning to us down here in the other hemisphere, and should definitely be back home with us in time for the boy's birthday!! Hooray! The boy is doing well also. He's still loving his new kindergarten and is doing soooo much better there than at the last one. Can't believe first term is almost over school-wise... it's gone by so quickly.

I wrote a story called Lost in Time in the Short Stories section if anyone wants to have a read. It was originally for a proper writing contest with a monetary prize, buttttt, I just couldn't stretch the idea into a story between 2000-2500 words. But I'm happy that my creativity was able to flow and that I managed to write something!

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hullo and give everyone my *hugs*

(Where the pixies rest when Kaelci's not accidentally treading on them as she sneaks through the kitchen's caffeine supplies)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hello Cutie! You have a lot of positive things going on, how wonderful for you! I left a link to your story earlier, but glad you left one on this page.

Happy to hear Dave is doing well here and will be back in time for the boys Birthday. Your story was amazing and I hope everyone reads it! Excellent! Also very happy to see you pop in! HUGS!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ahh!! I just saw it. I didn't lurk back far enough. I started on page 123 this morning
Thank you for sharing it for me
*big squishee hugs!!*

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Oh, I loved the magical pic you shared above! Forgot to tell you earlier. Hugs my sweet girl!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

'Raine has inspired me to blow the dust from a few of my older songs...
Jings! I'd completely forgotten about some of them!

Here's a very laid-back version of one of my originals for you...

Now, relax...
In a moment or two, close your eyes...
Take a deep breath and imagine finding yourself on a beautiful deserted beach with a breeze on your skin, thinking about a girl that you used to know...
She was an artist and she once told you that when she's painting... she sometimes gets so caught up in the creative process that she actually REALLY becomes one with it...

That was just before she disappeared... and you never saw her again...

I might have to get some of my other stuff on video before I forget how to play them!!! LOL

G

PS - where are all these doughnut crumbs coming from?? ? ? ? ?

edit on 14-3-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I am happy that you shared your photos. They look so calm and laid-back. I can see that you have a fairly good camera, and more importantly, eyes with ability to capture the right moment.

Movies could be filmed there. I bet that there have been, but too lazy to google.

I also want to say that i respect and admire you. You have your apartment renting thing going on, van stuff, and you have raised some fine kids or so i have read, and i have no reason to have any doubts about that. And all the band things you have. You seem like a man who can accomplish stuff. Superb quality, no matter man or woman. Sometimes i have to deal with great amounts of effort and willpower just to wash my clothes.

Since you shared enchanting pics, i demand myself to give you a response.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Thanks Fins!
That's very kind of you to say.
Sometimes, I think I have "too much" going on, and other times I think that I haven't really achieved very much with my life.
I do often feel the need to get away into the hills by myself and recharge my "nature battery"... like right now! (and that's where most of my pics come from).

I've never really held down a "proper" career job.
I hate the way that they pigeon-hole you into one small role. I can do so much more given half a chance.
I think that's why I ended up becoming self-employed. I can do what I want, when I want and I'm not beholding to some twonk of a boss who thinks he/she knows better.
Some days I run my vinyl sign-writing business, making decals and signs, other days I work on my camper van projects, or I'll be helping out with Chrissie's Forest School. The next, I'll be working on one of our rental properties or writing / playing songs, doing Admin stuff on the websites I help out on. Then maybe gigging on the weekend or attending festivals in the summer... like I said - LOTS going on!!! (Not to mention raising the two boys too!! ughh! LOL)

Truth is, I can turn my hand to pretty much anything and do it reasonably well. BUT - I've never been truly GREAT at any one thing. Always seem to be "pretty good" at stuff, but never the best.

Still, I suppose it's better than sucking at EVERYTHING!!

I love hearing about Finland btw - you should post more stuff about that (if you don't mind).

Thanks again,
G

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Don't mind me, enjoyed the last coupla pages !

Going to check the bushes for doughnuts and contraband ...

😎

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I hereby declare myself as a not-winter-person anymore. I liked the freezing freshess of air and landscpe.

Now it has been, for many years, just above freezing by daytime and everyhting is gray and foggy. At night-time, temperatures fall a bit zero. That means a layer of water above pure ice. To the heck with it. You have better chance to stay on your feet when drunk the to bone and just embrace yourself in the drunken's luck. I am not sure if this is nostalgia, i don't know if time has made memories golden, but, quite frankly, winters are not winters anymore. i like -15 celsius, huge loads of snow. It does not even feel that cold like +2 and raindrops.

I will not get into global warming ideas and speculations. Too short term of years, and i am nowhere near and expert of that. For about the first time of life, i am waiting for spring. So i can chat with the baby squirrels "man! you are tiny? where is your momma?" sometimes i have not spotted a pedestrian or bystander near me and the person looks at me like i am a weirdo. I am a weirdo, far from convetional. But i am friendly and calm. That is a start or so i can tell to myself.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
I love hearing about Finland btw - you should post more stuff about that (if you don't mind).

You cant make me "mind" (in a negative way) about anything anymore. I have had the pleasure to talk to you online and it has helped me in the most valuable ways.

There are talks that the United states of America are now Divided states of america. Finland is just as divided, but we are a small country without much influence. I think the biggest problems is not the immigrants integrating to the society, but finns won't integrate to them. Basically you are too "suvakki", a person who wants to have everyone here regardless of the backroung, and then there are all-out racist who bash kebab-makers who pay taxes more thay the boneheads get on welfare. Myself, i am an immigration critic. if somewhere is an earthquare or a vlocano eruption, Finland can house and feed them and provide house, basic necessities and open doors for work and education. but in the disguise of a natural disasters, extremist get here too. I know, it is very hard to know who is who.

But in general, filand is a fine country. My head is not functional. and i get permanent pension to get food, cigarettes and tobacco.

I wish i had a woman to spend time with. But i cant get my s*** together. I want to be able to give and love, i dont want to use a living, feeling person to try to make my way back to correct path.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i messed up the quoting with my quote and answer. by bad, i cant fiz, i am intoxicated

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Gordi, I always loved that song!!!!! I wanted to share more of your work when I shared the others, but as usual, I'm all over the place. Thank you so much for that beautiful song!

Timely, Always great to see you! Hope you found some donuts! Wait, I'll throw out some more.

Fin, you are sweet and thoughtful and hopefully one day you will have things fall into place and someone to love and share your life with.

Waiting for my Sister to call and hoping the stairs and sidewalk are shoveled so I can get out of this damned house. Yesterday I thought her Birthday was today, but it's the 19th. I'm bringing her gifts to her today though. One of my Best friends and a couple of other people I know have a Birthday today. Busy Month!

I'll be here for a while yet. Have a wonderful day, afternoon or evening my Lovelies!

edit on 14-3-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Gah! Not going out until tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Here are a few more of my photos:

Inveroran: (Almost exactly one year ago - and I'm hoping to get back up there THIS weekend, weather permitting!)

G

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Cody shared this one on FB earlier!

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join