It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Cody shared this one on FB earlier!

😆... I like that one !

* waves to all in the Shedlands *
edit on 14-3-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
For all of our Star Trek fans, that's all of us, right? lol

edit on 3 14 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It's still snowing should go into the evening, we added another foot and a half so far.

I'm Sry you couldn't get out today, if I lived nearby I'd have helped hun.

Here is a silly little rhyme whipped up this afternoon..I assure you it's not my best work...

Toasty toes and toasted marshmallows,
Silly prose and WIS barking hello,
While Pesky giggles and Grezzie jiggles like jello,
And Brimstone bellows to her fellow dragons,
Outside the shed wagons sit circled,
Adorned with fabric of green gold and purple,
un-Hitched from gigantic turtles resting in the shade,
Inside the oaken door there are no chores only games played,
No mopping floors and no keeping score,
No need to pour mugs...
The pixies handle that and the stained rugs,
And when we run out we conjure up more jugs,
We even leave a few in the shrubs,
for the lurkers and our Troll bud,

HE THINKS ITS GOOD!
As he swigs alone in the woods,

Here we care and try to block out the strife,
Here is where we're all Lookingforabetterlife,
The shed is emotional salve,
But times of dredd have been foretold with one path,
If I have one, it gets halved,
Do the math,
I'd gladly break my staff in half,
to help you, help me,stop those who shall not pass,
The time has come to amass our forces,
The signals sent, we've lit the torches in the towers,
A spectacle of sparks shower,
Telling the sheddites to pick up swords and put Down the whiskey sours,
It could be days or it could be hours it matters not,
We'll be prepared with what we've got,
We may not have much,
But we have each other and that's a lot..

Stole a " facts of life" line hahaha..or was it "different strokes"..hrmm

/Hugs everyone

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 14-3-2018 by Mike Stivic because: always something

edit on 14-3-2018 by Mike Stivic because: stop this who shall not pass, to- stop "those" who shall not pass...freakin spell checker

edit on 14-3-2018 by Mike Stivic because: I had to capitalize Pesky's name to give her,her proper respect.../Hugs Pesky

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

That was simply awesome. You have a real natural talent for writing!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thanks! I see clunkiness clumsyness and the chinks in the chain..

I think most all creative endeavors receive the harshest scathing criticism from the creator themselves.
Everytime I post a bit I have posters remorse... "oh man I shoulda did this different,or if I had done that this would flow much better..it's like almost immediately after posting I have flashes of inspiration that were absent before the click...

So I thank you sincerely for the kind words.

/Hugs gang

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 14-3-2018 by Mike Stivic because: highest to harshest ../ does his best captain Kirk impression-"SPellCHECKer!" (director's note- shake fist and grimace looking to stage left)...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That was just delightful and heart warming Joe! It put a smile on my weary face.

I feel so fatigued today...Gah!

You got too much snow and so did I. Too bad we can't share it in hotter climates.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Blue I'm so glad you decided to share that Star trek symphony vid in here! That was awesome! Yes, a Star Trek fan here!

Hello Sheye and whoever else may be around!

Sorry I'm not very chatty at the moment.

I know I have to make an entry for the story, I just need to find some energy somewhere. Anyone have energy they can share?
edit on 14-3-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Thanks hun, sometimes t just pours out, I wanted to include more names and story characters, but I didn't want to have them do anything that would effect the story,or overstep on proprietary characters.. I apologize for not asking to use the ones I did..I know that's a no no.. that's why I tried to just give shout outs..

As the story progresses I may try to add small rhymes that help flesh out the world a bit.. think of a minstrel sitting in a tavern ..so I won't be driving the story or adding plot lines.just recapping ..

If that is okay? With everyone?

I'm thinking a travelling bard scenario, testing out ballads inspired by the heroic deeds of the sheddites on uninterested tavern dwellers..

Also ,

If you can get out as planned tomorrow I suggest stocking up a bit..the north east is going to get slammed again on Monday/Tuesday ..

/Hugs gang

Respectfully,
~meathead

edit on 14-3-2018 by Mike Stivic because: clarification

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

So happy to see you post... thought maybe your power went down.

Sorry Night... don’t have the greatest energy reserve myself. Am going off the gabapentin as it makes me too drowsy... will see how that works.

Just take it easy Night ... your story can wait a bit..we are patient.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Another thought I had.. for ease of reading maybe you or some other enterprising sheddite with writers status could make a thread in the collaborative writing forum(this would greatly reduce chatter and allow for a more flowing story), where all story entries could be deposited (read copy/paste) in a proper format with continuity..it would have to be a one person job with writers status to paste in story entries from non writer status sheddites..

Just a thought..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Awesome idea you have there Joe! Really looking forward to anything you might add!

WHAT? More snow??????? I'm gonna die!
This is so depressing. It has been one after the other. One of the worst Winters we have had in some time.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

A little snow won't hurt you Night.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. I have to take the gabapentin or I get shooting burning pain down my leg. It's like being branded with a hot iron. The numbness I can handle, I'm so used to it, but that pain is horrendous! That stuff helps, but yeah it does make ya drowsy. That's why I only take one a day.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Bahahaha! I needed that laugh right now Blue!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

Another thought I had.. for ease of reading maybe you or some other enterprising sheddite with writers status could make a thread in the collaborative writing forum(this would greatly reduce chatter and allow for a more flowing story), where all story entries could be deposited (read copy/paste) in a proper format with continuity..it would have to be a one person job with writers status to paste in story entries from non writer status sheddites..

Just a thought..

Respectfully,
~meathead

Don't look at me, I'm too lazy! I'm not sure what others think or feel about that. It would be nice for the rest of our ATS family to see our stories, but then I think, it has been such a special part of the Shed. The story telling was a huge part of the Shed and its magic. At times people would have different story lines and at times we would co-write. It's what sets the Shed apart from all other threads, it is a combination of things that make it what it is.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Understood,
The stories are a big part of what makes the shed the shed, and I wasn't suggesting to stop posting them in this thread and start somewhere else. Not At All.

I was suggesting making a semi locked thread(collaborative writing) to deposit the segments in one tidy place, where they can be read in order while avoiding digging through 10 to 20 pages to piecemeal it together.. the shed would be the source of inspiration and compassion that it has all ways been and the stories would be posted here first..

It would just take one dedicated sheddite to do ..

Hun, I'm not married to the idea, It was nothing more than a vocalized thought, if the Elven council votes it down, rest assured, I have 1,000 more dumb ones lined up behind it...

Speaking of.. vote no on prop 86..

/Superduper-Nosnow-Slow-mo-Atomic-platonic-Enthusiastically-spastic-Care-bear-Man-hands-no land grab-Snug-hugs!

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 14-3-2018 by Mike Stivic because: eleven to elven

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Oh I misunderstood what you first wrote. Sorry. I'm still too lazy to take the project on, but someone else might want to. Always voice your suggestions and opinions. I don't bite. LOL

HUGS!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I think it’s a great idea Joe.. it’s difficult going back to find entries and keep a fluidity going.

Wow... that was quite a shed hug 😆... I second that hug to all ( except change man to woman) 😉

edit on 14-3-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Sorry, just waking up from a long winter's nap...

YOU have writers status...do you not?
Yes! I think you do

(((hugs))) all!
Ran out of donuts, had to run in for a sec!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

X2 for you then!

Respectfully,
~meathead

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join