It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thanks Sheye! I added raspberry and chocolate hot cocoa to my coffee. Just put crème brie and apple chicken in the oven. It has brie, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, sliced apples and cranberries. It actually comes frozen and it taste as good as a gourmet restaurant would serve.

If I do lose power I hope I lose it during the day where I can at least see well and do things around the house. At night with candles and flashlights it would be difficult to pull out a craft project or read.

I'm so addicted to my computer. I socialize on the internet, watch movies and other interesting things, listen to music. Since I only get out a couple of times a week, it has been my sanity saver. LOL

The last time we lost power, I sat here thinking...now what?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

OK, come on! Somebody just slap the four letters out of me because now I feel really expletive stupid. Do it when Gordi ain't looking though because that would only make me feel more embarrassed.

Thanks Gordi! Sigh....

Don’t be too hard on yourself Light.. it is tricky because it seems to imply a question more than a statement because of it’s beginning use of “ what” . Gonna be honest and tell you I looked it up, because I thought Shep was wrong as well😏... so you’re not the only who was scratching your head.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It's that time again, I was shocked too.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

OK, come on! Somebody just slap the four letters out of me because now I feel really expletive stupid.

LOL, me too! I never figure out those riddles! Funny song!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I'm so addicted to my computer. I socialize on the internet, watch movies and other interesting things, listen to music. Since I only get out a couple of times a week, it has been my sanity saver. LOL

The last time we lost power, I sat here thinking...now what?

The last time I left the house was more than a year ago, the last visit I had was at least 4 months ago. I'm sure the 2 are connected but life here is not something I want people to endure. It's embarrassing trying to have a conversation when the neighbour is banging out around 1000 watts.

I realised recently (I am not a mental health professional, it takes me longer to diagnose) that the man is a psychopath. Don't worry, not all psychopaths kill people but if you google it you'll see certain characteristics, one of which is the inability to empathise with the feelings of another. Lying, manipulation and other things play a role as well. Rotterdam's temporary housing is beginning to suck majorly but I refuse to lose my humour. And indeed, the internet can be a wonderful thing for the solitary people.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

LOL - What's funny is I had to think harder about "somebody slap the four letters outta me" than I did thinking about Gordi's puzzle.
I want to be an author - perhaps I should reconsider as I think I may be English-challenged.

As a general rule, I don't offend easily. At least not about pretty minor stuff like that.
I am in fact a 40-something male, husband to one lovely Mrs Shepherd and father of 3 Calvin-and-Hobbes-disciple Shepherdito boys. No worries - not the first time folks have thought I was female on the internet, which leads me to question my way of speaking on forums.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

LOL! Glad to hear I managed to confuse someone., I hate riddles. They are sneaky like Hobbitses...

As for being an author, it seems like an honourable vocation. My 2 favourites (I don't get to read much, NL and all...) are Asimov (I grew up reading Isaac Asimov, science fiction is so real imho) and the late Sir Terry Pratchett. Both had an immense amount of humour but quite often so dry you head to read certain parts twice.
Gotta laugh while the world disintegrates. Or while magicians make all the wrong spells. "Ook ook!"

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

...ETA Gordi, how much is the rent? Asking for a friend...

It will be £400 per month.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Sounds very reasonable but unfortunately out of my my friends price class. I could almost give my right arm not to have to share a toilet and shower with strangers. I wish you luck renting it but I think it should fly right off the shelf, so to speak.
If I ever make it to Scotland the first thing I would do is buy a deep-fried mars bar and walk up the nearest mountain.

ETA I saw photos of Scotland and immediately wanted to see it for myself but cost, distance and circumstances dictated otherwise. Living in NL is so flat and boring, no interesting features anywhere till you go to the "edges" where it borders another country. And no, I'm not asking to come and visit you! LOL
edit on 13/3/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Shame on those who googled!!! LOL

To be fair... Most of you were bang on correct! (Well done!)

It was not really a riddle or even a question! - it was just a statement...

The word "what" has 4 letters.
The word "sometimes" has 9.
The word "never" has 5.

I'm bad but in a good way.
...sometimes!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

LOL - climb the mountain FIRST!

PS - I should add that Scotland has some of the finest produce and cooking in the world!
Our Scotch Beef, Lamb, Venison, Salmon & Seafood, Root Veg, Fruit & Berries, Oats & Grains etc are all world class.
We just do some of the worst stuff as well!!!!
edit on 13-3-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add info

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You don’t speak at all like a woman , and quite honestly I think I may have confused you with someone else in the Shed within my post.

I remember now all the references to your wife and children and I feel like an idiot. Thanks for not taking it personally.
On another note , I must say your writing is excellent, and I do remember commenting on that many months ago.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

...ETA I saw photos of Scotland and immediately wanted to see it for myself but cost, distance and circumstances dictated otherwise. Living in NL is so flat and boring, no interesting features anywhere till you go to the "edges" where it borders another country. And no, I'm not asking to come and visit you! LOL

Aye, it is a lovely part of the world.
I live in a wee village out in the green fields of the agricultural countryside, 30 secs from my local village pub, 2 mins from Pine forests, 5 mins from the nearest supermarket, 10 mins from a Loch and heather moorland, 10-15 mins from the nearest Town Centre, less than 30 mins from the biggest City (Glasgow), less than an hour from the coast & beach, about 1.5 hours from the Highlands...

I've been to NL before, I've got a friend in Groningen. Spent New Year there once! (It was crazy!)
Took a drive up to Friesland which was nice. I liked the "vibe" there very much.

PS - I've got LOADS of my own Scottish photos if you'd like to see some...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Have you been "on the good stuff" today?? LOL

I don't remember seeing you so scatty before. It is FUN though!!!!

hehe

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Don't feel bad, keyboards can be difficult.

I was standing in the queue in a shop once and a guy taps me gently on the shoulder and says "Excuse me Miss..."

I turned round and the look of embarrassment and shock on his face was something I will cherish to the grave. I had very long (and nice, even though I say it myself!) hair.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

...I was standing in the queue in a shop once and a guy taps me gently on the shoulder and says "Excuse me Miss..."
I turned round and the look of embarrassment and shock on his face was something I will cherish to the grave. I had very long (and nice, even though I say it myself!) hair.

***Apologies if I've mentioned this before but...

I used to date a Redhead...
She had no hair, just a Big RED head!
Just kidding... she actually had lovely hair all the way down her back!
(None on her head though....!)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Shed's moving faster than I can keep up with at work. Aaaaannnnndddd....

Gotta go to another meeting then prepare for my lecture tonight.

Sheye thank you for your comments about my writing. You're sweet!

Gotta run guys & gals - TTYL!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

lately I have been looking at videos of various mental health issues. Fascinating stuff! Some things are difficult to diagnose because a person may have varying spectrums from more than one thing.

Mark got mistaken as a woman before because of his long hair too Years ago. We were waiting to be seated at a restaurant and from a distance a waitress said I'll be with you ladies in just a minute. LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

England has some nice nature, that I will not deny but when you live in a country, unless somebody takes you someplace and says "Look at this!" you rarely see it.

Germany I remember from my childhood days (Dad was stationed there, military nurse), beautiful too. He took me to Wales once and that was unbelievable. Wild land, so beautiful and not far across the border from the little I can remember. They have mountains there too. I saw parts of France and it was the same thing. Untouched raw beauty. And yes, photos, please post a few. NL is flat and boring but the nice folks make up for it. I miss nature. Dingly Dell is where I would like to live, the Shed is a close second.

I like harsh terrain. I was born in Yorkshire but I never did get to see the Yorkshire moors. People can die there if they don't know the way or lose all their camping equipment or have an accident. (Probably in the days before mobile phones)
Hills, dales, rivers and meadows.....ahhhh!
edit on 13/3/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

One question only. Could Mark laugh about it?
Laughing often makes the other person feel embarrassed but it also defuses the situation. An honest and funny mistake is often the best kind. I've seen the photo of Gordi with a wig

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join