It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Historical Reason Why Calling Haiti A %-Hole Really Is Incredibly Racist.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Trump loves the people of these other countries. Trump's music video proves that.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

This is late...but I kinda chided you when the thread started for a super thin accusation of racism..

However , at that point I had not heard the added line “why don’t we get more people from Norway?”

Imho just calling it a “S-hole” isn’t really racist.. however when you cap it off by airing the whitest nation on the planet as who you would rather have.. well that changes everything lol.

So I feel I should apologize somewhat for jumping the gun.
edit on 14-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Limbo

The “white slave trade” didn’t touch the African one...

Not in numbers.. not in brutality.. not in tenure.

Plus, and what imho helps make African slavery particularly evil, Is the pile on effect..

See with Rome, Muslims , Sparta, exc, exc,exc slavery, anyone who wasn’t part of that specific group, was far game to be enslaved.

For example, in Roman anyone not a Roman citizen could be enslaved..

In Sparta anyone not a spartan could be enslaved.

So that meant everyone else kinda hated the masters, rather than the slaves.

However, with African slavery in the 1800s. ONLY Africans could be enslaved.. everyone else was considered off limits.

Imho this creates a pile in effect, where the worlds/societies ire is not placed on the masters, but on the enslaved.

It’s not the Romans who are uniquely evil for enslaving everyone else..

It is the Africans who are uniquely evil and thus deserve to be enslaved by EVERYONE ELSE...

I think this totally changes the dynamic..

Also, with African slavery we are not at all talking ancient history.. historically it was last week.

Say the average person. Lives to be 75 years old..

Well that means African slavery was only 2 lifetimes ago..

There are still people alive today who saw and experienced the worst of segregation..

And there were people who saw the worst of segregation, who also saw the worst of the end of slavery...

Just to wrap it up, I would also like to mention that slavery was not the worst part for people of African decent in America....

The worst part was the aftermath of the civil war.... AFTER ABOLITION.. AKA, EVEN MORE RECENTLY..

Once the federal government pulled back.. the gloves came off.. all social and financial reasons not to kill and torture blacks was gone..

From the POV of the white southerner. All the blood and treasure list in the war was solely because the blacks wouldn’t stay in their place..

It is truly horrific stuff.... stuff that literally your great grandfather did.

edit on 14-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

stuff that literally your great grandfather did.

Sorry, not my Great Grandfather. Go shopping your white shaming blanket slanders elsewhere.
edit on 14-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You have to also keep in mind that the past really was a "Different country" The Black slaves were treated really bad, but along with slavery the working class, could be press ganged, and never walk on land again for years, or end up in Australia as a convict, for swiping a bit of bread. Or if you were not that lucky be hung in public as an example. It is possible to have a country where if you work you get fairly paid, but we seem to forever have a parasitic class, taking most of the wealth for themselves, and leaving everyone to fight it out at the bottom, never knowing the real cause of why they are working for less and less. Leaving a significant proportion usually the dumb just grabbing what they can grab. This feeling of having no power, or worth, just goes down the pecking order.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

stuff that literally your great grandfather did.

Sorry, not my Great Grandfather. Go shopping your white shaming blanket slanders elsewhere.

LITERALLY, not mine either. They were still in Europe with my Grandfathers.

But somehow that is my fault too I suppose.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It is equivalent or comparable to Aliens interacting on planets neglectfully and then leaving or abandoning said planets after all interest and experiments are complete.

Then returning later to said disabled planets and looking at the inhabitants that have been influenced by the neglect and then calling those they interacted with and neglected dysfunctional failures based on the neglectful activities the aliens initiated...
What would that say directly about the aliens?

Hope this polished some of the dysfunctional lenses...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Nothing worst then a planetary slave perceiving themselves to sit atop the pyramid social mechanisms of their planet.

That thinks they are not a slave, who then acts like a master over other slaves to manipulate the masses of slaves into further control...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

It was for example.. obviously. To show how few generations seperate is from the events in question.

I know your great grandfather was not involved.. but not everyone crawled out from under a rock fully formed either..

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It was no comparison.. when the law and society is backing slavery, That makes it totally different..

If someone kidnaps someone and keeps them as a sex slave.

That is kidnapping and rape.. not slavery..

Did life suck for them for poor whotes back then??

Yup.

But with those working stiffs you couldn’t LEGALLY rape their children. Then Torture their father for complaining about it..

Those things are not even on the same plane of existence..

And I think the rapes are a good place to start, because I think we can all imagine whahappens when males have ultimate power over females..

Like confederate writer Mary chestnut said, and I’m paraphrasing..
“ every plantation had mullotto children that all perfectly resembled the white children”

Because even in the circumstance where the masters were not really that violent.. masters who chose the carrot over the stick.

The rapes were basically universal.. I would be shocked if 1/1000 attractive females were not press hanged into being someone’s mistress.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So now all my Great Grandfathers are slave and child rapists too!?? Surely, you cannot be serious!!?? I'm trying to follow your disjointed history lesson.

And I think the rapes are a good place to start, because I think we can all imagine whahappens when males have ultimate power over females..

Your thoughts are NOT facts. Get your mind out of the gutter and out of rewriting history.

Like confederate writer Mary chestnut said, and I’m paraphrasing..
“ every plantation had mullotto children that all perfectly resembled the white children”

And you are 100% sure her comments were vetted by facts, how so!??

Did life suck for them for poor whotes back then??

Poor whites or poor whores??

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I think he has no self-control, so he naturally assumes noone else could possibly not rape someone given the opportunity. It's the only way the comment makes sense.

Just like "It is truly horrific stuff.... stuff that literally your great grandfather did" ignores the fact that not everyone owned, traded, or beat slaves for a living, north or south. I can only imagine the horror and grief he feels from even worse eras of human history.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

If JoshuaCox does a DNA test and finds his DNA comes from part of the world that mistreated people, should he protest against himself!!?? A fair question.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

And for how long and to what end?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join