It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Historical Reason Why Calling Haiti A %-Hole Really Is Incredibly Racist.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that he did not show proof for anything he said?

Links please.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

That's because it's mostly left wing revisionist history. Just like how terrible it was in africa under the british empire.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

One of the things I often find funny about the never Trumpers is how they could expect someone that they believe is stupid, idiotic, a fool, and quiet a list of names, to know so much about the history of a country, that he already thinks of as a $hithole, which has not been proved that he even said.

lol. I don't know how Trump does it, unless he deeply understands the inner workings of far left and knows how to instinctively drive them insane. They are chasing their own tales at this point.

The left have opened a discussion they are not ready to have. Hollywood and the elites will be facing the same level of scrutiny with which they put forth, and now that Trump is President maybe a lot more than even that.

Win/Win situation if you ask me. But I am still not tired of it.

edit on 14-1-2018 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Even Haitians think their country is a s***hole. Are they racist too? They are probably also sexist if they hate Hillary for milking them dry.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I think it's just instinctual to him. I think driving his opponents to doing irrational things is part of how he got so rich. I mean, we had the first president who admitted to being a drug addict in the whitehouse, no outrage from the media or the left. Trump calls a sh*thole a sh*thole and they're suddenly the arbiter's of language? I mean, this is the party of eminem and snoop dogg, is it not? The party of edgy, swear as often as you can, comedy, right? Yet now they're upset he said a swear about a country? They called half of americans deplorable and they have an issue with name calling now?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I think it's just instinctual to him. I think driving his opponents to doing irrational things is part of how he got so rich. I mean, we had the first president who admitted to being a drug addict in the whitehouse, no outrage from the media or the left. Trump calls a sh*thole a sh*thole and they're suddenly the arbiter's of language? I mean, this is the party of eminem and snoop dogg, is it not? The party of edgy, swear as often as you can, comedy, right? Yet now they're upset he said a swear about a country? They called half of americans deplorable and they have an issue with name calling now?

lol. Yeah that is about the gist of it.

One of my favorites is when they complain that the President should not act how they act, because he is President. lol. I remember a saying that goes, Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house. But that is what the elites crave. Attention. Now they have to put up with a President that takes all of their attention away. If this is a circus, Trump is truly the ring master. They cannot help but do exactly what he wants them to do.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

If you compare pictures of the almost ridiculously clean Singapore with the worst slum somewhere in Africa, it should be obvious that one of those places are sh*tty, and the other is not.

It's just stating a fact.

Whether the sh*ttiness is because of exploitation by outsiders or the inhabitants' inability to manage themselves, is another debate. In many parts of Africa you can't find much remains of any civilization that dates back before being invaded by Europeans or others. There is also a tendency that when the "outsiders" pull out, what they leave behind isn't maintained properly and fall into disarray.

Have places like Haiti been completely exploited by countries like USA? Indeed - You don't have to go further back in time than the Clinton Foundation's rather peculiar use of funds after the 2010 earthquake. I think people are still living in tents in spite of over $1 Billion being collected. I think they've fixed a road and a built a hotel or something.

But when you call a place "sh*tty" you are basically just stating a fact that has nothing to do with the history or who caused it. A public restroom in Singapore is clean, the worst parts of a Favela are sh*tty.

Is it presidential to use such language? Not particularly - but I think it's refreshing that even people in such positions don't always use elitist lawyer-babble.
edit on 14-1-2018 by Uberdoubter because: Minor edit.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

I always see this "unpresidential" talk. What does that even mean? Republicans did it with the picture of Obama with his feet on the resolute desk and his NCAA brackets. Dems do it with basically everything trump says or does. What makes something unpresidential? Our leaders are men elected by us. They are presidents. By definition, everything they do is presidential. From Jackson swearing so much that they had to remove his parrot from his funeral services to Obama's feet on the desk, it was all the behavior of presidents.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm...WE...didn't do a damned thing to the Haitians... 

Then pls understand you're lacking in historical context, not to say Haitian leaders didn't fkedup or were oppressive.
Read the book Black Jacobians by CLR James.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
what he said isn't racist per se but he did frame his comment in that way because he is a racist.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
That, of course, made him no worse than any other Us president who is guilty of far worse things than racism.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

In many parts of Africa you can't find much remains of any civilization that dates back before being invaded by Europeans or others. 

Bull schi...kabob , if dumbassed "me " know , then smarter ppl than I I know ,do more research.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

We MUST do something to help them. But bringing those people here with no skill like that will just take away from the poor already striving to improve their lives is insane.

So the answer is to simply block entire countries?

Abso freakin lutely! If you can't see that then can the next batch come in live in your neighborhood or home with your kids?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

So is it racist for me to call Haiti a #hole?
I'm British, maybe my ancestors bought sugar off the French and that would make me culpable and racist?

It would not make you racist BUT would make your comments ignorant and irresponsible.

So not telling the truth is your suggestion?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
This has absolutely nothing to do with race. I absolutely laugh my a$$ off every time I read dribble like this.

Fred..

Then why did trump hold up Haiti and Africa as examples of 'bad immigrants' and Norway, the whitest of white countries, as a place where 'good immigrants' come from?

Serious question. Why do you think that was? Why did he pick Norway as good, and Haiti and Africa as bad?

maybe this is why
"The Norwegian public education system is one of the best in Europe, and the general level of education in Norway is higher than the European average. In Norway, the education system is made up of primary school (Barneskole), lower secondary school (Ungdomsskole) and upper secondary school (Videregående skole)."

And he just met with the Norwegian boss.

So it was just fresh on his mind?

And they have the BEST wood.

"Ah isn't it good, Norwegian wood?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: Xcathdra

He's a very experienced grabber. Starred you.

And the other one a very experienced hater.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It IS about money and power, has little to do with race.

Have you forgotten about Papa Doc and Baby Doc's time at the helm? They ran their own little Pol Pot horror show in Haiti for many years. Systematic torture and murder by the Tonton Macoute (government internal security police) were a daily occurrence. Papa and Baby Doc didn't look white to me, but I could be wrong because I had sunglasses on when I saw them.

The truth is there are a lot of crap-hole countries on this planet. I can appreciate national pride of the citizens, but when you first set foot in a country and the first thing you smell is poo, it leaves a lasting impression.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I'm spinning this off from the thread about Trump's diatribe against Haiti and Africa .. SNIP

It is unfortunate what was done. We can't undo that.
The whole world was benefiting from slave trade back then.
Are you aware of the little known white slave trade (Whites being traded also.)?

There is a Hitchens talk about it. it would not link for me.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-1-2018 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

I agree with you and applaud your efforts, but this kind of thing is like showing card tricks to a dog.

It seems the OP is essentially saying this
"You are a murderer because your father murdered someone."
I don't want that.
Limbo

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Apparently lying about White House meetings was not restricted to just Republican Presidents. Durbin apparently did the same thing.... with Obama.

Caught This Time – Wha… Dick Durbin A Liar ? Gee, Ya Don’t Say….

Democrat Senator and Lib-Hack Media Darling, Dick Durbin, wanted to enhance the 36 hour Tea Party Racist narrative by claiming loudly a “GOP Leader” told President Obama: “I Cannot Even Stand To Look At You”. However, President Obama, and others in the room (via Jay Carney) say “that never happened”.

Durbin has a history of lying about what Republicans say in meetings? Ya don't say...

For anyone who doens't like the source, Real Clear Politics also covered it. I doubt you'll find it on CNN though.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join