It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Historical Reason Why Calling Haiti A %-Hole Really Is Incredibly Racist.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm suspect of people whoo pretend to have an accurate view of history that supports their viewpoints. History is often far more complex than people make it out to be. Finally, how can we be responsible for past actions by others!?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Who said anyone was else responsible?!?!

But it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen .. and didn’t happen damn recently..

All white people back then were not even responsible..

Look at people like John Brown who hated and was willing to go farther to eradicate slavery and racism than all his contemporary black abolitionists..

Being white or black doesn’t choose your side on such issues..

You do.

So when people defend slavery or try and minimize it.. they are not doing so because they are white.

They are doing so because they want to, because they choose to..

They are choosing to side with the slaverys, they were not born into the slaver camp..

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

They are choosing to side with the slaverys...

I'm struggling with how trying to give historical context in the History sub-forum to your somewhat dubious and off-topic account of slavery in the US is now being equated to siding "with the slaverys(sic)."

Isn't that really just a way to skirt the T&C and subtly call people who disagree with you racists?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

So now all my Great Grandfathers are slave and child rapists too!?? Surely, you cannot be serious!!?? I'm trying to follow your disjointed history lesson.

And I think the rapes are a good place to start, because I think we can all imagine whahappens when males have ultimate power over females..

Your thoughts are NOT facts. Get your mind out of the gutter and out of rewriting history.

Like confederate writer Mary chestnut said, and I’m paraphrasing..
“ every plantation had mullotto children that all perfectly resembled the white children”

And you are 100% sure her comments were vetted by facts, how so!??

Did life suck for them for poor whotes back then??

Poor whites or poor whores??

God forgive us, but ours is a monstrous system & wrong & iniquity. Perhaps the rest of the world is as bad. This is only what I see: like the patriarchs of old, our men live all in one house with their wives & their concubines, & the Mulattos one sees in every family exactly resemble the white children-& every lady tells you who is the father of all the Mulatto children in everybody's household, but those in her own, she seems to think drop from the clouds or pretends so to think-.

There is the Mary chestnut quote..

I would reply to the rest, but that would require you to have made some vague resemblance to a point..

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

People from my area of the USA supported abolition of slavery and harbored slaves so be careful who you blame.
edit on 14-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

And she did DNA tests to prove all these old white men were raping slaves and their children!? Her evidence is anecdotal at best.

I would reply to the rest, but that would require you to have made some vague resemblance to a point..

Plenty of responses here had cogent points to you arguments. Don't get touchy!
edit on 15-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Just rejecting the thought that all whites were responsible for slavery and/or that what color you are decides which side you take in these type issues..

If you don’t like what side your on , maybe you should reevaluate where you are standing..

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

BWAHAHAHA..

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

So your response to her lack of evidence is to laugh!? Yup. About sums up your case. Stick to facts, not supposition. How do you show proof for her arguments!??

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I had relatives on both sides of the Civil War. None of them were slave owners. What is my required penance? Does the blood spilt on behalf of the Union wipe out the guilt of having ancestors who had the misfortune of being born in the Americas in the early 19th century?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

So I am racist because I reject the notion that all whites are responsible for the institution of slavery.

Excellent.

I feel pretty comfortable with my position, but I appreciate your attempt to coerce me by insinuating the only righteous thinking is that which mirrors your own.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Don't let others shame you. If you've led a fair and balanced life being loving to others you have nothing to account for.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Just rejecting the thought that all whites were responsible for slavery and/or that what color you are decides which side you take in these type issues..

If you don’t like what side your on , maybe you should reevaluate where you are standing..

People don't like to be forced to a 'side' for a retarded reason. No, not all whites were responsible for slave trades just like not all Germans were responsible for Jews being put in concentration camps.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

Good point!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

I had relatives on both sides of the Civil War. None of them were slave owners. What is my required penance? Does the blood spilt on behalf of the Union wipe out the guilt of having ancestors who had the misfortune of being born in the Americas in the early 19th century?

That is my story. No slaves in my family history and we are from the South and my family went to both sides. The southerners in MY family were fighting for their state. The ones in the Union Army felt they had to do what God told them about ending Slavery and didn't see the States Rights issue at all. I would have been hard pressed to not be in the Union army myself. Or, I would've found a way to help the underground railroad instead of fighting a war possible against members of my family and what would've become my former friends.

Ending slavery was the right thing to do and when I talk to my black friends we get a laugh out of how the race baiters act like the US didn't stop it, the US "is" slavery. They know better than all the SJW's on ATS.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Well it's historical fact that more whites were not responsible for slavery than were.

It's also historical fact that many of the slaves brought to the US from Africa were already enslaved by Black African slave owners and sold from a black slave owner to a white slave owner.

Another inconvenient historical fact for you is that slavery as a business started in the Middle East by people who weren't white and that in general, slavery was common across the world, across cultures.

Any yet another historical fact is that it was many white men who fought against slavery here and ended it while to this very day slavery of blacks owning blacks still exists across Africa.

Sorry to rip apart your argument.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Um...

I just said that not all whites were responsible for slavery?!?!

And I don’t know how you missed it.. my post wasn’t long lol...and that was kinda all I said .

Some Whites have championed civil rights every step of the way.. just like some whites championed slavery..

How exactly do you blame slavery on John Brown lol?!?!

You can’t.. he was slaveries most hardcore opponent..

I’m guessing that was a thinly veiled attempt at deflection???

I mean you literally just said i was inferring exactly the opposite of what I said.. I mean literally the opposite to lol..

I’m guessing you just have that type of stuff on repeat, so when faced with a new thought the record starts skipping???

Lol
edit on 15-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23047856]MysticPearl[/post

How in the hell did you just rip apart my argument, when my argument was that not all whites were responsible for slavery..

That the fight was never black vs white.

It has always been slavery vs abolition, intergration vs segregation, racisism vs equality..

You pick your team you are not born to it.

A) slavery is literally as old as humanity..

No telling where it started..

We know the oldest writings period referenced slavery as a long standing institution.

B) i have no idea how this is relevant, but....

I’ll have to look into it but I bet the african tribes didn’t practice chattle slavery.. native Americans had slavery too, but it was more of a forced adoption.. used by early people’s to increase genetic diversity and replenish the warriors after a war..

Still have no clue how that is relevant but..

Seems to me you just made an argument to something I never said lmao..

I’m guessing like the other previous poster, you hear an original thought or idea and the record starts skipping??

Lmao.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Um...

I just said that not all whites were responsible for slavery?!?!

And I don’t know how you missed it.. my post wasn’t long lol...and that was kinda all I said .

Some Whites have championed civil rights every step of the way.. just like some whites championed slavery..

How exactly do you blame slavery on John Brown lol?!?!

You can’t.. he was slaveries most hardcore opponent..

I’m guessing that was a thinly veiled attempt at deflection???

I mean you literally just said i was inferring exactly the opposite of what I said.. I mean literally the opposite to lol..

I’m guessing you just have that type of stuff on repeat, so when faced with a new thought the record starts skipping???

Lol

That up there is total hogwash. You are so far off the mark. I hope you can leave that lefty mentality and join me with the Neutrals. I see the Conservatives have it correct. It is the RINOS and DEMS that are perpetuating the racial divide.

ETA

I meant a post above this one you made... not this one. too late, and MY BAD!

edit on 15-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

You have to say WHY I am wrong..

If not then all you did was say “Nah uh” and somehow felt like you nailed it.

Lol

Started typing before I finished reading your post lol.

I apologize..

But that said the same still holds true.

“I disagree” is not a counterpoint. You have to tell him where and why he is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join