It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My and your own true personal stories of the supernatural surrounding death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This all started when I was having a conversation with my mum about my interest in the supernatural. She asked if I'd ever heard the story about when my dads mom had died. Here's that story, and I'd like if you would share your true stories of the supernatural.

When my dads mother passed away my brother was travelling at the time, as he is often doing. Bubbe as we called her was a collector of owls. She had about 400-500 pieces in her collection: owl glasses, pendants, brooches, engravings... all sorts of owl things. At the exact time that she passed, 5:17, my brother was overseas waiting for a flight when he noticed that the videoscreen which showed flight arrival times went blank... and then was briefly filled with owls.

I started asking more people if they have stories like this and sharing them I keep hearing some of the most incredible stories so I thought everyone here might have some to add.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CalGoodbomb

My family has always told about "death knocks", where before a person died they would hear a series of knocks on the walls around the house.

A story my dad told me was about his friend Carl, that was in Vietnam at the time. My Dad was over at Carls mom's house helping her fix something, and out of nowhere she collapsed and started crying. When my dad went into the room, he saw a crow had flown in the house and was circling around. To her this was a death omen. Turns out around the exact time that happened Carl had been shot and left for dead in a pile of bodies, which he somehow woke up in later and crawled out of. He lived and they were pretty freaked out when he made it home and found out what had happened.

My grandfather also saw and talked to dead relatives sitting around him for two whole days before he died, and after that told everyone he was about to die. That was really weird.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Don't know if this counts, but here's one of mine.

I was cutting firewood and harvesting birch bark for lighting firewood. In a draw between two points that nearly touch, a large dead birch caught my eye.
There was quite alot of mushrooms growing on it. As I went to fire up my saw, the loudest growl I've ever heard came from the point to my right.
I have joint damage in my elbows and vibrations cause intense pain. Whatever it was that growled at me was so loud it made my arms scream in pain. As if something whispered in my ear(I didn't actually hear anything) don't take my food(mushrooms).

I put my saw in my truck, walked back to the birch with an apple and left it there.
I no longer cut any trees that have food sources on or near them.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

My mother's family talks about "the death bird." When several members of the family have died, relatives saw crows acting strangely, and then got the news of a death. Like a crow hanging out for hours right outside a kitchen window. Or getting in the house. Sitting on a car and cawing ferociously if anyone approaches. My great aunts finally started calling around to the other relatives whenever they saw a crow, just to find out if anyone had died.
edit on 020182018k23110America/Chicagothpm by Look2theSacredHeart because: grammar

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CalGoodbomb

My cousin died on this 18th birthday in a car accident. At the time of his death his mothers landline phone rang with nobody saying anything.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
My sisters a nurse working at 3am. She was tending to this elderly patient who had a stroke and it looked grim. My sister gave the old lady a drink of water and when she put the glass on the bedside table the water started rippling. Perplexed, my sister felt the table to see if it was vibrating but it was still. Suddenly the old woman's heart monitor started to dip; she was in cardiac arrest. The water started to ripple more violently in the glass. She started CPR but the woman died. The rippling stopped.

This was such a profound experience for my sister and it brings tears to her eyes to recount it

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I was very close to my grandmother, she pretty much raised me to be the wonderful saint that I am today

(...she would get a laugh from that)

I was stationed at Luke AFB in Arizona back in the mid 1990s; my grandmother became very ill. She was in the intensive care unit, heavily sedated... She had a moment of clarity, and asked to talk to me. The hospital arranged the call with the Air Force, and we talked for around 20 minutes. She sounded quite lucid, and we had a wonderful talk. It was incredible.

She fell into a coma shortly thereafter, and passed on the next day. I was the last person she ever talked to.

I felt her pass... nearly 2000 miles away, and I felt it. She felt at peace. She was home.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I was 15 years old, and my mother was very sick and in the hospital. My best friend I were taken to visit one night. When we arrived and attempted to approach the hospital bed, it was as if we hit a wall. Like a physical force prevented us going forward, and we both felt it and just looked at each other like WTF. I immediately said, I want to go back home. My mother's boyfriend drove us back to the house. We went inside and the phone rang. My mother had passed. My best friend and I just looked at other and screamed out loud. Weirdest thing I have ever experienced.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dixiecracker

That gave me the shivers.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Wow.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Praying I don't hear any knocking sounds! Spooky!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

You might be interested in the book Plant Spirit Medicine.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CalGoodbomb
a reply to: Hewhowaits

You might be interested in the book Plant Spirit Medicine.

I will definitely look into it.

Thank you.

top topics

join