It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter responds to calls to suspend President Trump's account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Twitter issued a statement on Friday explaining why it isn't banning President Donald Trump after he boasted about his "nuclear button," but did so without ever using the president's name.

"Blocking a world leader from Twitter or removing their controversial tweets would hide important information people should be able to see and debate," Twitter said in a blog post. "It would also not silence that leader, but it would certainly hamper necessary discussion around their words and actions."
www.nbcnews.com...

I don't understand why Trump continues to use Twitter. He could use any website to get his messages out, and it would make no difference in terms of how much his messages are publicized.

On most sites he wouldn't be limited to 280 characters, and on some sites his messages wouldn't be spammed with irrelevant comments. I think Twitter is beneath the POTUS.

Twitter is making the right choice concerning not censoring Trump in my opinion. Sometimes the significance of a message trumps all the rules.

edit on 5-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Lol.. People calling for him to be banned, should be banned, for trying to illegally ban someone else who did nothing wrong.

T&C should say "Calls to restrict another person's speech will result in an immediate ban"
edit on 5-1-2018 by UpsideDownWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

I would love to see Twitter try and ban the President.

It would be epic!

P

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

He chose Twitter because that is where the sheep are herded.

Facebook, Myspace... old, worn out pastures.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Why would they ban him for stating facts?
Guess all those liberals are still butthurt about Horrid Hilary losing the election.
Tough luck.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That sounds like and intelligent and well-reasoned response from Twitter. I would not have expected that from a social media giant.

Personally, I enjoy the transparency of having President Trump on Twitter. I feel connected to what he is thinking and enjoy his tweets.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
On most sites he wouldn't be limited to 280 characters,

Longer messages would be a strain on the attention span. Short jabs probably suit his style better.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Trump haters better hope twitter doesn't ban Trumps account or else they'd have nothing to snip bout.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Twitter issued a statement on Friday explaining why it isn't banning President Donald Trump after he boasted about his "nuclear button," but did so without ever using the president's name.

"Blocking a world leader from Twitter or removing their controversial tweets would hide important information people should be able to see and debate," Twitter said in a blog post. "It would also not silence that leader, but it would certainly hamper necessary discussion around their words and actions."
www.nbcnews.com...

I don't understand why Trump continues to use Twitter. He could use any website to get his messages out, and it would make no difference in terms of how much his messages are publicized.

On most sites he wouldn't be limited to 280 characters, and on some sites his messages wouldn't be spammed with irrelevant comments. I think Twitter is beneath the POTUS.

Twitter is making the right choice concerning not censoring Trump in my opinion. Sometimes the significance of a message trumps all the rules.

Implying Trump could write thoughts with more than 280 characters.

It's a private company so I guess they can do what they like but I don't think anyone should be banned from there unless they're outright harassing someone. Allowing people to spew whatever stupid # they want means it's out there for everyone to see and judge.
edit on 5/1/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

He could use any website to get his messages out, and it would make no difference in terms of how much his messages are publicized.

You should petition for him to switch to ATS.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

He could use any website to get his messages out, and it would make no difference in terms of how much his messages are publicized.

You should petition for him to switch to ATS.

Best Answer!

Trump on here? This place would go crazy

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It doesn't matter why he does it. It only matters that it continues to incite apoplectic fits in the media and alarmist public.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
its kind of beautifull, the people who own twitter hate trump.

his enemys have given him his sharpest weapon.
edit on 5-1-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm surprized twitter wouldn't cave to millennial whining, The_Donald is all but banned on Reddit.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Despite whether you hate or love Trump, using twitter is actually a genius move. You see the majority of the MSM is owned-by, run-by or openly supports the Democrats. Anything Trump does, despite whether it is actually positive for the country, is given a negative slant. Using twitter allows for the POTUS to directly get his news out to the people and not have to be filtered through Clinton News Network

It's a 4D chess move

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

4d chess and Donald?

Only if the pieces are McDonald’s products

After typing that President McDonald Trump seems a fitting name

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Twitter won't ban Trump or he would use rival social media as his main social media. They love the money and attention and validity they get from a sitting President using their service controversially.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
just shows how those ppl think. the sooo liberal, freedom loving, equality promoters scream in vain to ban someone who disagrees with them. hypocrites.

sry, broken keyboard

top topics

join