It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some news about legalize marijuana sales

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Uh it's the same. There is already testing grounds for Marijuana and compliance regulations around the product.

Gee man give it a rest. Easily fixed by creating the groundwork with federal law....

Then your argument is completely gone.

However the lobbyists currently don't want this but that is changing.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ketsuko

Again has not worked out that way in legal stayes where large majorities buy retail.

As far as I know you don't ingest firearms. So the regulation isn't remotely similar.

No one is so blind as he who will not see. Now you're being willfully obtuse.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Things you ingest that are sold have to be regulated.

Marijuana can easily be solved with regulating sales.

They already test for quality and potency in some of the state's that sell.

Your argument is its impossible because some states have not done this?

Or that they need to think about this more clearly?

Don't worry the big companies are gearing up and then the federal law will he changed. Currently private prisons and leo unions are putting up some lobby roadblocks.
edit on 1-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You would be wrong since Federal law already exists making the possession, sale and use of marijuana illegal (CSA). Technically speaking the states that have passed medical / recreational laws are in violation of federal law and since teh supremacy clause goes to the feds the state laws are null and void.

The Federal government is not going to create a law to support state laws when a federal law would contradict a federal law already in place.

The recreational use laws are severely flawed because they are using your mindset.

Compliance cant be used on the individual the same as a business.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

This is what you are not understanding.

A person can obtain seeds and grow marijuana without getting the items from an authorized outlet. That means they arent taxed and because they arent paying the tax they can get the item cheaper than from an authorized dealer who has to include the tax. Because there is no way to determine how a person obtained the marijuana you cant prosecute them for violating the law. Because you cant prosecute, you cant get the taxes owed.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The federal law is easily changed correct? It's not an amendment...

The recreational laws can be exactly the same as alcohol...Imo people like you are at fault for making the laws not as clear as they could be. Your ignoring the fact it's going to happen through congress in the not to distant future. In fact sessions may force a vote if he tries to interfere.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Why does it work for alcohol and how have they collected so much tax currently from retailers?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: enlightenedservant

True I guess. But there's a great deal more to growing it than just sticking a seed in a flower pot.

Not really. Unless you choose to perform some specialized grow operation. Millions of seeds are planted, watered and nurtured by the sun and grow like any other planted seeds. It isn't rocket science. I was a licensed grower. If you want to go all high tech you can, but it surely is as simple as putting a seed in a flower pot. The main reasons it has gone all high tech in the first place is because of the efforts to grow clandestine and covertly under an oppressive rule of government. If it had remained legal all these years, you could grow it in your garden or patio like your tomato plants.

All states should embrace this new economic resource. More competition brings better quality and lower prices. Obama would have been smart to get marijuana legalized and use the income to help fund the ACA, lessening the yolk on the already overtaxed middle income earners, IMHO.
edit on 1-1-2018 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

You would be wrong since Federal law already exists making the possession, sale and use of marijuana illegal (CSA). Technically speaking the states that have passed medical / recreational laws are in violation of federal law and since teh supremacy clause goes to the feds the state laws are null and void.

The Federal government is not going to create a law to support state laws when a federal law would contradict a federal law already in place.

The recreational use laws are severely flawed because they are using your mindset.

Compliance cant be used on the individual the same as a business.

Did you know it's a federal crime to transport dentures across state lines? Yup!!!!

Whoever transports by mail or otherwise to or within the District of Columbia or any Possession of the United States or uses the mails or any instrumentality of interstate commerce for the purpose of sending or bringing into any State or Territory any set of artificial teeth or prosthetic dental appliance or other denture, ...

Here are some more beautiful examples of federal government overreach.

•It is a crime to make unauthorized use of the 4-H club emblem, the Swiss Confederation coat of arms, and the “Smokey Bear” or “Woodsy Owl” characters;[8]
•It is a crime to misuse the slogan “Give a Hoot, Don’t Pollute”;[9]
•It is a crime to poll a servicemember before an election;[10]
•It is a crime to transport dentures across state lines;[11]
•It is a crime to sell malt liquor labeled “pre-war strength”;[12]
•It is a crime to write a check for an amount less than $1;[13] and (a personal favorite)
•It is a crime to install a toilet that uses too much water per flush.[14]

www.heritage.org...

Some laws simply need repealing.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A friend in South Bend works for a company that makes specialized portable buildings and just got an order for 100 14' x 60' sealed buildings for growing pot. $55,000 each and deliver 1 a week to start with and ramp up as fast as possible after 3 months and deliver to Colorado. The plans are not to be shared and final fitting out will happen onsite. Jan 1 2019 they will determine if they will continue an open ended order system. Each will fully paid for after inspection and before leaving the factory. 1 Year warranty.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

A person can obtain seeds and grow marijuana without getting the items from an authorized outlet. That means they arent taxed and because they arent paying the tax they can get the item cheaper than from an authorized dealer who has to include the tax. Because there is no way to determine how a person obtained the marijuana you cant prosecute them for violating the law. Because you cant prosecute, you cant get the taxes owed.

So what? Who cares?

The USA is not going to devolve into anarchy and caos cause some people didnt pay tax on there weed.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Unregulated alcohol can poison or blind folk without accountability.. Unregulated MJ is just MJ. We can cry them a river over the taxes while we're getting baked.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

If it was legal where I live, I know I'd be growing it like that lol. And as long as states have arbitrary limits like 6 plants per household, there's really no use for thousands of dollars worth of equipment anyway. (My sister, my Mom, and I all have urban gardens so growing things from seed isn't really a challenge.)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Can you provide a link where you got that info from please.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The recreational laws can be exactly the same as alcohol...Imo people like you are at fault for making the laws not as clear as they could be. Your ignoring the fact it's going to happen through congress in the not to distant future. In fact sessions may force a vote if he tries to interfere.

I dont make laws and neither does any other law enforcement agency in this country. Law Enforcement is a part of the Exec3utive branch and not the Legislative branch.

Recreational laws cant be the exact same as alcohol considering they are different in how they can be produced. Current Federal law is on the side of the AG. Yes Congress can change the laws regarding marijuana but I dont see that happening any time soon.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Why does it work for alcohol and how have they collected so much tax currently from retailers?

The process to make alcohol is completely different than marijuana. The items that are used to produce alcohol are different.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson

So what? Who cares?

The USA is not going to devolve into anarchy and caos cause some people didnt pay tax on there weed.

Your point?

Do you even understand the discussion we are having?

Let me help - We are discussing how California's recreational marijuana law is flawed in that it undermines itself by creating a situation where the item in question cant be taxed or traced which means no oversight.
edit on 1-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

So what? Who cares?

Your point?

Let me help - We are discussing how California's recreational marijuana law is flawed in that it undermines itself by creating a situation where the item in question cant be taxed or traced which means no oversight.

My point is its a non issue.

Let states do as they want in this regard, its not harming anyone.
edit on 1-1-2018 by Theprodicalson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So what? Who cares?

Your point?

My point is its a non issue.

Let states do as they want in this regard, its not harming anyone.

and at no point have I said California is wrong. What I am saying is their law is defective as it cant be enforced.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I dont make laws and neither does any other law enforcement agency in this country. Law Enforcement is a part of the Exec3utive branch and not the Legislative branch.

Recreational laws cant be the exact same as alcohol considering they are different in how they can be produced. Current Federal law is on the side of the AG. Yes Congress can change the laws regarding marijuana but I dont see that happening any time soon.

Just because something is law does not make it ethical or right.

Sometimes the law is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join