It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were all focused on BTC

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Interesting way to look at it.

edit on 10-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

It's why so many have jumped on it as a store of value or as an investment vehicle for other coins.

It's also the only way for us to invest in startups where there will be some kind of return. Regular people, with small amounts of fiat cash, can invest in the technologies they want to see in their lives. It's the ultimate open source market and it is currently on it's way to being a trillion dollar industry.

I do not invest in Bitcoin. But I do recognize the monumental contribution of Bitcoin. It solved decades-old computer science problems in order to exist. But the market has far outpaced bitcoin in terms of innovation, that by the time the last Bitcoin is mined(and that will be in 2040), it may not be safe or even practical to use anymore.
edit on 10 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Holy eff!

Coinbase increased my limit to $100,000.

Wish I made that much

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
So, as a newbie in this, where would I go to get VIBE or Ripple, etc.?

Again, just dipping toes into it.

I mean, if I had put $20 into Litecoin a year ago, it'd be worth over $2300 now....so all of it is just damn impressive.

Distributed consensus and fiat are not the same things at all.

Point was that all of it is really "backed" by nothing more than the faith folks put into it, an agreement it's worth something...but I see your point as well.

If you have an account at coinbase you can buy litecoin or ether.

get a an account at bitsane or anybits send your litecoin or ether over ..then you can trade either one there for ripple.

its pretty easy to do . I did it using this CNBC tutorial. www.cnbc.com... Litecoin is better to use because it is faster the ther network is really baked up right now.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thanks. Yes, I have both Litecoin and Ethereum. I bought a little of each of the 4 currencies on Coinbase.
thanks for the link!

EDIT: That link is really helpful, really walks you through it. thanks again!

Moved some I had put into Litecoin into Ripple instead. I figure it's good to have a little in each potential, so if any one of them takes off, I'm good.
edit on 11-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Ripple, a blockchain company and rival to bitcoin, on Thursday announced a tie-up with Dallas-based money transfer giant MoneyGram.

This notion of using digital currency as a form of bridge funding is not unique to XRP. Last year, IBM and a consortium of banks in the South Pacific announced a blockchain transfer arrangement that entails the use of a cryptocurrency called Stellar.

Fortune

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Probably why it's about impossible today to sign up anywhere you can buy it (though if an existing account, you're OK)...lol.

Every one I tried to sign up for today either wasn't taking new accounts, is taking time to approve new members, or will allow you to buy anything else WITH Ripple, but not the other way around, hehe...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Thanks. Yes, I have both Litecoin and Ethereum. I bought a little of each of the 4 currencies on Coinbase.
thanks for the link!

EDIT: That link is really helpful, really walks you through it. thanks again!

Moved some I had put into Litecoin into Ripple instead. I figure it's good to have a little in each potential, so if any one of them takes off, I'm good.

Are you familier with shape shift shapeshift.io...#/co? You can change ether or litecoin or anything really into alot of other cryptos.

Anybits has some of the lesser known coins wallets. I changed some litecoin so i could have a little bit in a couple.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I did see that one come up, but haven't looked into that one yet. It's on my list for today to try.

EDIT: Seems like it would work, but issue is that you're pretty much hampered by a minimum of 20 Ripple (plus a half Ripple trans fee).
Right now, that's a little over $40, so more than I want to just throw into it today.

But, tomorrow's payday, so I'll do a minimum one then. Again, just dipping my toe into it, I really don't want to put in more than I can just lose. I did create a Ripple wallet, so good to go there.
edit on 11-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

That's the biggest drawback to ripple.

No other crypto has that asinine requirement.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I found this the other day you can claim free ripple every hour with a chance to get up to 300$ worth I go there as much as i can lol.

Not sure its allowed but heres a link.

coinfaucet.io...

edit on 11-1-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Will have to check that out (but on this computer, the link threw up all kinds of security dings, hehe...). So I'll check it out first.

While the Ripple requirement is a bummer, it's still pretty low, just above the amount I limited myself to invest this week. But tomorrow is another week (for me), lol.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

It checks all the blocks for a ponzi scheme.

It's no different than bitconnect.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ripple just announced a partnership with MoneyGram.

Press Release

Good thing I held, because there are still two other announcements for large money transfer companies.

This is what I want blockchain to do. Solve problems, not by alienating existing companies and ignoring governments, but by solving the problems they have and making them better.
edit on 11 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Looked into buying IOTA, but currently, doesn't seem to be much of a way to do it from the US. Binance seems about it, and it is currently halting new registrations. Seems to be a similar situation with Cardano.

Can do Monero and Ripple using Shapechange at least.

Just an FYI for those interested in getting into these. Happy to learn of any ways around it!

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: notsure1

It checks all the blocks for a ponzi scheme.

It's no different than bitconnect.

its just a faucet site. people are making some money claiming from faucet sites.

Most of them will send your coin to your address.

I recently found faucet hub and you can claim alot of free coin there.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Without an exchange it's pretty much pointless.

Even exchange sites like shapeshift and Changelly don't carry the newer ones.

Bout the only thing one can do is check everyday until they reopen new registrations.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Just curious to what your take on litecoin is?

I read where the founder sold all of his coins and invested back into the company. I've been trying to read up and see if it is a good investment or not. I noticed it has been on a down trend lately.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Wish I bought when it was under $20 bucks.

Which was beginning of last year.

Still want to get in to Iota,and Bitcoin Gold, and Ox.

In 12 right now.

Wanna make it 15

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The downtrend.

Between China kicking miners to the curb, and South Korea trying to ban cryptocurrency.

Coinmarketcap screw up.

Volatility in the crypto world is the norm.

It's where money is made.
edit on 11-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join