It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Us What You've Discovered In Your Lifetime Mega Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The idea of this thread is to briefly share some of the most valuable insights you have discovered in the time you have spent here on earth, as if someone with all the time in the world has finally sat you down in a nice comfortable chair and said "tell me what you know".

What has been something you've researched and come to really know that perhaps other people around you don't appreciate, maybe you have insight into spirituality, medicine, behavior observation, art/music, historical, top secret information or just want to share your life experience of any other kind.

I want people to have a resting place for their final say on any topic of choice for others to feel either resonates with them or doesn't in a non judgmental way, please feel free to provide further references for others who may deeply value your insight and would like more information.

I'll start things off:

1) I've recently become aware that our genes are far more malleable through lifestyle than we ever thought, you can actually change your own genes through a mechanism called epigenetics and this extends to the genes you provide to a baby as well. Your lifestyle, uptake of vitamins and diet can directly alter the genetic makeup of the child. This is important because some people have genes that allow them to clear cellular damage far better than others and if you don't have that gene enabled, you can change it through lifestyle. www.youtube.com...

2) I've learnt that conciousness extends beyond the body and our 5 senses, there's a higher reality to be perceived, it's subtle and most people never experience it because our 5 senses keep our core focus pinned down from knowing where to look but when we shut them down (also known as sleep) and we don't allow our focus to get pulled into thought we simply become aware of what was always there but was more subtle. It's the same process as someone who's operating a jackhammer outside but when it shuts off you finally hear the leaves blowing and the birds singing. This is the process of Astral Projection so many people talk about, it's not a forced effort but a natural process of letting what's in the background come to the foreground and feeling that body, and practicing being in it. You feel vibrations, you start seeing light and hearing other sounds that don't appear to come from the 5 senses. If you allow yourself to surrender to this with constant practice you have an out of body experience. It's from here that we need to figure out what comes next once your in that space, since then i've come to see why meditation and stillness of mind is so important because mental imagery clouds astral space with my own little mental realities and i can't keep focused on what's actually in that space rather than my own mental clutter. I can however, see that death is the same process as sleep and you would go to the same place once the body has been shed, like a snake shedding it's skin. gnosticteachings.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
#1. Republicans are crazy

#2 - #10 : see #1.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: raiden12

All is death. All is pain. Love breeds loss. Isolation breeds resentment. No matter which way we turn, we are beaten. Our only true inheritance is death. And our only legacy, dust.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Psychopaths and sociopaths gravitate to leadership positions because they get sh"t done.
When you encounter one, and you will encounter many, try to get along with them. But also remember they do not care about you or your family and will say or do anything to get what ever marching orders they were instructed to do done.

Many conflicts around the world are caused by Psychopaths and sociopaths .

edit on 29-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Not GAF is the secret.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Psychopaths and sociopaths gravitate to leadership positions because they get sh"t done. And when you encounter one, and you will encounter many, try to get along with them. But also remember they do not care about you or your family and will say or do anything to get what ever marching orders they were instructed to do done.

Couldn't agree more with you there, I've been in quite a few different companies over my working career and seen the same thing you have described. Something about the need to have power.
edit on 29-12-2017 by raiden12 because: include ref text

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I’m afraid I’d have to kill you if I told you.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Not GAF is the secret.

DILLIGAF. It is the catchcry of Kevin Bloody Wilson.

Google is your friend.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: raiden12

originally posted by: seasonal

Psychopaths and sociopaths gravitate to leadership positions because they get sh"t done. And when you encounter one, and you will encounter many, try to get along with them. But also remember they do not care about you or your family and will say or do anything to get what ever marching orders they were instructed to do done.

Couldn't agree more with you there, I've been in quite a few different companies over my working career and seen the same thing you have described. Something about the need to have power.

Oh yes. And if you are at work and have an ass hat sociopath as a boss and have a problem. Don't be nice, don't give him the benefit of the doubt, go for his job. If he is f'ing with you and you got the info to get his ass canned do it. It will save you many many problems down the road with his sh't house crazy ass.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

DILLIGAF had to look that one up.

It is now in vocab.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Sometimes a fart isn't.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sometimes a fart isn't.

"Shart"

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
giraffes cant eat off the floor, their heads explode due to the blood pressure.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Proverbs are answers to questions you haven't necessarily come across yet, directly from our ancestors.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If your life sucks it's probably your own damn fault.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Paperweights aren't made of paper.

Eggs don't bounce.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The most important thing I have learned is true love can save you.

Everything else is just noise.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Funny that you made this thread do I have the chance to tell what came to my mind this morning.

I was thinking about all the so called division that we're living in the country since last elections. Most of the people think it's a sad thing, I don't.

34Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

biblehub.com...

edit on 29-12-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

All is death. All is pain. Love breeds loss. Isolation breeds resentment. No matter which way we turn, we are beaten. Our only true inheritance is death. And our only legacy, dust.

Well that certainly cheered me up, thanks.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I have learned that more happiness and joy come from strain and hard work than from pleasure and sloth. I have learned that 99% of the fears and worries I have had about my life, my children, my marriage, my health, my country, the world, etc. are non-sense and based in my own neuroses than in the real world. I've learned that a Higher Power, true joy, and love must be found inside oneself before they will be exhibited in the outside world. I've found it is better to give than receive, to understand than be understood, and to love than to be loved. I've learned that other's opinions are of no importance. I've have learned that if I exhibit hate, then I am hateful; if I exhibit love, then I am loving.

Lastly, I've learned that women who are good in the kitchen are also good in the bedroom and my Brazilian wife can really cook.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join