It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of perfectly preserved dinosaur eggs dating back 130 MILLION YEARS are unearthed in China

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Link

A nest of perfectly preserved dinosaur eggs have been discovered under a construction site in China.

Up to 30 fossolised eggs were found by construction workers on Christmas Day in the city of Ganzhou, which is known in China as the 'hometown of dinosaurs', according to Chinese state media.

Archaeologists said the incredible eggs were about 130 million years old.

The workers were said to see a cluster of 'oval-shaped stones' in earth when they were breaking the ground with explosives.

A number of black debris measuring 2mm thick were seen lodged between the oval rocks.

Is this the first time dinosaur eggs have been discovered? I honestly don't know, but what a find and pretty incredible if legit. I am curious to see what comes from this..

What do y'all think?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Link

A nest of perfectly preserved dinosaur eggs have been discovered under a construction site in China.

Up to 30 fossolised eggs were found by construction workers on Christmas Day in the city of Ganzhou, which is known in China as the 'hometown of dinosaurs', according to Chinese state media.

The workers were said to see a cluster of 'oval-shaped stones' in earth when they were breaking the ground with explosives.

A number of black debris measuring 2mm thick were seen lodged between the oval rocks.

Is this the first time dinosaur eggs have been discovered? I honestly don't know, but what a find and pretty incredible if legit. I am curious to see what comes from this..

What do y'all think?

Cool, maybe they can start Jurassic park!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm thinking I Want One.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
oh snap!!!

were they fossilized or fossolized?

cause even though i am not the best at the spelling

seriously though i hope this is true.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I'm thinking I Want One.

Well now you can for 9.99 at Amazon.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I'm thinking I Want One.

make those bitches about the size of a chameleon and make him a super bad ass spot. get you a mini velociraptor and name him pinto.

edit on 29-12-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Link

What do y'all think?

Glad I'm not the only one...lol

My first thought was its pretty damn cool. My second thought was maybe they can get dna, make some clones and start a real Jurassic Park...lol

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Yeah, cause we know how well that turned out.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Not sure about perfectly preserved ones, but lots of eggs have been found. I supposedly have a couple. My grandmother gave them to me. They were found in an old salt mine, in the 50's or 60's here in MI. I'm afraid to have someone look at them, because I don't know if I am supposed to have them. LOL

Very cool find.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Actually many of them have come out of China and from other places around the world. I actually own a Hadrosaur egg that was exported from China before it became illegal. You have to be very careful of provenance when obtaining one.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I'm thinking I Want One.

make those bitches about the size of a chameleon and make him a super bad ass spot. get you a mini velociraptor and name him pinto.

I've always wanted to live in the Pokemon world.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Maybe we should start with vegetarians.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Actually many of them have come out of China and from other places around the world. I actually own a Hadrosaur egg that was exported from China before it became illegal. You have to be very careful of provenance when obtaining one.

i would love to hear all about you you came to get that. would be bad ass to have a legit any kind of dino egg.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I want a baby Raptor,

Can we clone one?

Can we can we can we :0

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Find a used copy of "Collecting the Natural World: Legal Requirements and Personal Liability for Collecting Plants, Animals, Rocks, Minerals and Fossils by Donald Wolberg, Patsy Reinard" if you can. I think they are out there and it's a very helpful book on that.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Oh that is pretty cool, I had no idea you could purchase dinosaur eggs - or that they even existed.

But yes, especially coming from China, you've got to be real careful I would imagine.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Get them to a museum pronto...before someone tries to put them in soup as an aphrodisiac or cure-all.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thank you, I will have to check that out. I'm going to have to go digging around the house to find them. I believe there is a piece of paper with them, that says what they are.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oh no the Chinese will eat them these are the ultimate Century Eggs

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Like duck fetus soup in an egg. lovely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join