It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline gives passenger seat to Rep. Lee; she blames anger of passenger on racism

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson

originally posted by: Realtruth
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Unfortunately instead of helping their cause it diminishes it.

But these people at the top like this senator, Michelle Obama, Al Sharpton, jesse Jackson ect dont want to help their cause. Soon as racism ends they become nothing. So they race bait to continue the hate.

It's not that they necessarily have to become nothing, but it is that they have to actually achieve for themselves to become something.

Racism is easy. It's pointing to superficial things that are a product of your genetics, not your actual ability or character or effort or lack thereof.

All being black or white or Asian or Hispanic is is an accident of birth, no more or less.

Being an accomplished orator or statesmen or businessman or inventor though ... these types of things take intrinsic qualities one has to work to develop over time. You aren't just born those things.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yet they believe that they are born for it and it's their god given right to act like they act.

She needs to go before she does more damage. As a public servant where I pay your salary I expect the up most humbleness, dignity, respectfulness and accountability if you get elected, doesn't matter who you are, where you from or what you are.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What's so messed up about this is she's an older black woman, so she has likely seen actual racism at some point in her life. For her to falsely play the race card over this is so unbelievably disingenuous. It's not like you see some naive young people cry "racism" over nonsense because they're just young and dumb and don't know what real racism is. This is a deliberate mischaracterization, or she's just senile.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
Maybe someone called the airline prior to boarding on Lee's behalf and asked if she would be getting the 1st class upgrade and that's when this occurred ?

United, like other airlines, has 'Hosts' for VIPs so if Lee's people called her Host they would try to accommodate her. There are however FAA rules and corporate rules about downgrading someone and the compensation they are due. If Ms. Simon was actually downgraded from first to economy then she was due a certain amount of compensation, roughly in the $500 range, which she eventually negotiated. The downgrade would be evident somewhere and should be traceable. Dropping her altogether is either incompetent or against policy so we are left with three things. She cancelled her own reservation, someone there did it for her either intentionally or unintentionally.

Do you think once Lee became aware of what happened, whether she had anything to do with it or not, that it's odd she didn't try and resolve things with the upset passenger on the spot ? Does her reaction to whole thing strike you as odd ?

I think her bringing racism into the situation is despicable but she has a track record of being a very despicable human being.

You don't usually get a boarding pass unless you have checked in. Perhaps the airline simply overbooked the seats, or a panicking check-in clerk cancelled instead of downgraded a booking.

I know a similar thing happened to a wedding reception that one of my relatives went to. A big do was arranged at a five star country hotel with a huge reception hall. The bridegrooms father, a businessman was paying for the whole thing. The aunts of the bride were both nurses/matrons and as forward planners booked a room months in advance. The hotel gave them the penthouse room because it was available at the time and seldom used. Months went by. Then all of sudden the hotel called them up to say that their room booking had been cancelled, and unfortunately they didn't have any spare rooms. Nor could the hotel couldn't disclose why this had happened. So at the very last moment, the two women had to book a room at a disco pub/B&B at another village. They had to take a taxi to get to the hotel. At the reception, it soon becomes apparent what happened as the guests mingle. At one end of the room the bride's aunts tell their story of how their room was cancelled and how they spent the night at a loud nightclub. At the other end, bridegrooms father is bragging and braying about he got the hotel to give him a booking at the very last moment by threatening to cancel the whole event if they didn't give him the best room. Guests and staff could only watch as the two moved closer to each other.
edit on 28-12-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
You don't usually get a boarding pass unless you have checked in. Perhaps the airline simply overbooked the seats, or a panicking check-in clerk cancelled instead of downgraded a booking.

True, but you can cancel your flight after you have printed your boarding pass.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This whole thing is just laughable in the extreme...

1. Racism - Yeah, let's think about this and put it in context for a minute...yeah, there's always been a "race war" going on over 1st Class seats on United Airlines! It's been going on for generations, right? LOL!! And, to be blunt...in case you didn't notice, Ms. entitled congresswoman, Rosa Parks was sitting at the BACK of the bus, not the FRONT!

2. Dumped her reservation - Sure it could have happened, BUT...why would she do this after she'd paid miles to upgrade, round-trip, all the way to Guatemala and back??? Why would she suddenly decide, hey, I'd rather ride Coach on my final leg. Ummm, she wouldn't?

What a freaking joke! For anyone who believes UAL on this one...PT Barnum was right!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
For anyone who believes UAL on this one...PT Barnum was right!

Love the reference.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This isn't the racist Lee's first time using the race card. She is nothing more than a typical liberal hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Let's rephrase the news headline to be more accurate and truthful, shall we?

Elitist, Self-Entitled, Congresswoman Tries to Pull Rank on Fellow Passenger and Steal Seat, Defends Actions by Calling Passenger a Racist (as usual)"

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Unbelievable....

...that she wasn't wearing her metallic pink stetson with rhinestones.

I never travel without mine.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This dotard underprivileged, pretentious, pompous waste of my taxes reminds me of a quote from the movie Gladiator. She is for the people but not of the people. Disgraceful...!!!

Prologue

Black people are so immerse in their guilt-based social blackmail because of 250 years or so of historically being slaves that they totally and purposely want to forget that hundreds of thousands of white men died in the Civil War so that they will no longer have a master. Even more troubling is their lack of gratitude. For if the south had won the war, they would still be slaves to this day. Very disturbing, indeed!!

Many black people lost their lives or that of a love one in a very horrible way during the slavery era. It's acceptable to assume that just as blacks had lost many lives during the slavery era so did the white people during the civil war, though not as many but just as important. Good or bad, many good white and black ancestors paid the price so that all of us can enjoy what and where we are now.

Many White folks feel guilty of ever making mention of that fact publicly afraid of being labeled a racist. What does racism have to do with anything? If it's history!! Soon enough we won't be able to teach that in history class because, if we don't stop this nonsense, it will be considered racist.

Black people entitlement

Many currently living black people live under the assumption that the US owes, the fourth and fifth generation of non-slaves, above the law privileges for something that stopped happening some 150 years ago. Under that reasoning, what does the white man of today get in return for freeing slaves even though none of the civil war descendants did anything about it?. In a politically correct discourse, it would be reasonable to ask black people what and when are they going to pay back the white men for all the white men lives lost so that the current black man can enjoy a free life today?

The above reasoning applies to everything black people do now, just because the white man is tolerant and understanding assume the white man is stupid, the white man is anything but stupid. The example is that, he along with other ethnicities have built the most powerful nation the world has ever seen in history. Don't take that fact for granted.

Nowadays there are fourth and fifth generation black people that want retribution for something that they did not endure. Furthermore, they demand to live entitled to a live in supremacy without having ever earning it, not that they can pull that off in the US, as though they were royalty.

Conclusion

Many lives were lost during the building of this beautiful nation, it's juts wrong to hold accountable, or worse yet, guilt-trip another ethnicity for having lost somebody 400 hundred years ago. All of us are here now and that is all that matters. Article 133 of the military code must be amended so that it would apply to everybody that serves our great nation in the military or civilian government.

edit on 28-12-2017 by Vanux because: Grammar check

edit on 28-12-2017 by Vanux because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2017 by Vanux because: I was in a hurry and forgot to proof read, sorry!!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Since I you took his seat rather than saying no I think it is your fault madam.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
1. You have to request a bump up to first class.

2. Did U.S. taxpayers pay for it.

It might have been mentioned and I missed it but Congressional staffers once voted SJL the "Meanest Member of Congress", that included outrageoys anecdotes of her behavior as detailed by her own former staffers.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

United also allows people with frequent flier status to get on the complimentary upgrade list just by checking in, the higher your status the higher you appear on the list.

It's being alleged that she is part of United's Global Services which is the highest status and also has unpublished qualifications although it is generally felt that if you spend in the neighborhood of $50,000 on United you should qualify. The question is this service comes with a good many perks and our representatives are not allowed to accept things of value over a very low dollar threshold. So if she is in fact GS how did she qualify and does she report the value?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
to be fair she is really fat and they would have to shoehorn her into a regular seat so it was a lot less work for united to just give her the jumbo first class seat than to try and shoehorn her jumbo ass into a regular seat,united is going to do what`s easiest for them.
edit on 28-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

It might have been mentioned and I missed it but Congressional staffers once voted SJL the "Meanest Member of Congress", that included outrageoys anecdotes of her behavior as detailed by her own former staffers.

United also have a "Surprise and Delight" upgrade program:

thepointsguy.com...

"The upgrades come as part of a program that United is reportedly calling “surprise and delight,” so by definition they won’t be a frequent occurrence. Top customers will receive an upgrade from paid BusinessFirst to Global First on select long-haul 747, 767 and 777 aircraft, letting elites escape those embarrassing four across business-class seats and move up to the airline’s (slightly more respectable) first-class cabin, free of charge. United will also upgrade passengers on domestic flights, but considering the target group is customers who already book first-class seats, the benefits there may be negligible."
(BusinessFirst = PremiumEconomy)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Okay, some questions.

1. Did I pay for the seat?

2. Did I get assigned the seat?

3. Who the hell do they think they are? Is their time more important than mine?

I don't care if it's a woman/man, what color it is, what occupation it is in, you want me out of this seat. Carry me out. Video it.

I'll be over here with my lawyers.

Fred..

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ok, this is getting weird now.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

2. Dumped her reservation - Sure it could have happened, BUT...why would she do this after she'd paid miles to upgrade, round-trip, all the way to Guatemala and back??? Why would she suddenly decide, hey, I'd rather ride Coach on my final leg. Ummm, she wouldn't?

She probably didn’t know how to use the app and cancelled her flight on accident.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join