It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline gives passenger seat to Rep. Lee; she blames anger of passenger on racism

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fair enough, we don't have all the facts and as I said, I doubt unless the passenger decides to use her time and resources to solve the mystery that we will ever know for sure what happened. Maybe someone called the airline prior to boarding on Lee's behalf and asked if she would be getting the 1st class upgrade and that's when this occurred ?

Do you think once Lee became aware of what happened, whether she had anything to do with it or not, that it's odd she didn't try and resolve things with the upset passenger on the spot ? Does her reaction to whole thing strike you as odd ?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

all i know is that this joke of a congress woman did F all to resolve this issue. made no effort and appears to be hiding behind lies her and the airline are concocting to cover their immorality.

this congress woman already has the reputation for a few years now as the meanest most conceited person in congress. guess she never understood the concept of "character counts"

people should write her and tell her what a despicable pile of crap she is. American airlines should be publically tarred and feathered and mocked for their well earned reputation for being scummy bastards

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
Maybe someone called the airline prior to boarding on Lee's behalf and asked if she would be getting the 1st class upgrade and that's when this occurred ?

United, like other airlines, has 'Hosts' for VIPs so if Lee's people called her Host they would try to accommodate her. There are however FAA rules and corporate rules about downgrading someone and the compensation they are due. If Ms. Simon was actually downgraded from first to economy then she was due a certain amount of compensation, roughly in the $500 range, which she eventually negotiated. The downgrade would be evident somewhere and should be traceable. Dropping her altogether is either incompetent or against policy so we are left with three things. She cancelled her own reservation, someone there did it for her either intentionally or unintentionally.

Do you think once Lee became aware of what happened, whether she had anything to do with it or not, that it's odd she didn't try and resolve things with the upset passenger on the spot ? Does her reaction to whole thing strike you as odd ?

I think her bringing racism into the situation is despicable but she has a track record of being a very despicable human being.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yeah, I have to agree her reputation proceeds her and her bizarre reaction seem to confirm that Lee is a horrible woman. Other's in this thread have given several examples that she is a known "pain in the ass" at the airlines and expects special treatment, that's why I tend to believe the passenger in this case.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

hopefully Texas has had enough of her abusing her position and dumps her in the next Houston based elections
edit on 27-12-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Not likely in her district. Houston proper is true blue. Several have tried with no success, even other blacks can't beat her. Not sure how she does it but she stays in there.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The problem with this situation is racism exists, because of situations like this.

If a persons draws attention to their race, in this fashion, then what are people to think of their race when everything unfolds?

edit on 27-12-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
The problem with this situation is racism exists, because of situations like this.

If a persons draws attention to their race, in this fashion, then what are people to think of their race when everything unfolds?

Racism is a industry now.

Certain people from Al Sharpton to this woman have built there careers and identitys around racism. If racism ends they become irrelevant. As such they have a vested intrest in continuing racism.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Unfortunately instead of helping their cause it diminishes it.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Unfortunately instead of helping their cause it diminishes it.

But these people at the top like this senator, Michelle Obama, Al Sharpton, jesse Jackson ect dont want to help their cause. Soon as racism ends they become nothing. So they race bait to continue the hate.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Shouldn't this plutocrat be flying on a private jet? What the hell is she doing rubbing elbows with us plebs anyway?

Sure I'm racist...
Towards bureaucrats.
They are not humans like you and I after all.
Lower life forms.
edit on 27-12-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

It turns out that the politician who got the seat was Shelia Jackson lee, and she KNOWS why the woman that lost her seat made a big deal out of it.

Shelia Jackson Lee? She is CLEARLY related to Robert E. Lee, so she is not only a RACISS, but needs to be pulled down or maybe put into a museum. Coincidentally, if she has more than one neighbor with blonde hair, she is also a White Supremacist.

Pot, Kettle, etc.

("Pulled down" in case of her actually being a RACISS status, in which case she belongs in a musem at best.)
edit on 27-12-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Clearification.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Our congress should fly coach. Given their track record they are not important enough to fly first class.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
this year on a light i was tired and didnt read the seat number properly and sat in another guys seat when he came on and said it was his seat i apologized so much and jumped out the seat straight away.
it was a sill mistake though, like him the other woman paid for the seat

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Racism is the cover for the airline favors gubment officials over regular folk.

Just they got found out in this case.

edit on 27-12-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I do not approve of members of congress traveling in luxury class at the taxpayer's expense.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
All right, it looks like this customer canceled her seat on her own.

United Airlines spokesman Maddie King told the Washington Free Beacon the change was due to the customer canceling her flight with the United mobile app.

"We were concerned by this issue and took immediate steps to fully understand what happened," King said in a statement. "After thoroughly examining our electronic records, we found that upon receiving a notification that Flight 788 was delayed due to weather, the customer canceled her flight from Houston to Washington, D.C. within the United mobile app. As part of the normal pre-boarding process, gate agents began clearing standby and upgrade customers, including the first customer on the waitlist for an upgrade. We were able to provide this customer a seat on the same flight in economy plus.

Free Beacon

As for being racist, who knows, it is a possibility, but I don't think there is clear evidence of any racism. Maybe this customer accidentally canceled her flight while using the app (it appears as if the evidence shows she did cancel her own flight) and got emotionally heated when it appeared to her that her seat was given to a Democratic congresswoman.

Okay - edit to add that from reading other posts, it appears as if she had no idea who took her seat at first but was upset about it being taken. I still maintain that the lady probably accidentally canceled her own flight while using the app.
edit on 28amThu, 28 Dec 2017 09:47:18 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What really confuses me about this is that although it is unfair, ATS collectively acts like this person loosing their seat to a conceited mouthy Congresswoman is a very huge deal.

In comparison, only a few members here seemed upset that over 20 trillion taxpayer $$$ are unaccounted for and no one has any clue what's going on with our national finances.

It's like all it takes is one person to sneer 'racism' and the vast majority of this website is posting pages and pages of comments, yet something actually truly important is going on and yall generally ignore it or have no opinion.

Look at the future implications here - will a singular Congresswoman using her position to snag someone's 1st class seat (while they still got a seat on the plane + compensation anyways) affect your children's children's future? Not really, though it might affect 100 people over the next decade.

But what will something like the US going completely bankrupt do? Well it'll destroy the world economy, it'll erase our position as the leading Superpower, it'll probably lead to wars all over the place, it'll lower the living standards for everyone globally, it'll erase most of the gains the human race has made since WW2, it'll even call into question if you'll ever even have great grandchildren to even worry about!

But who cares right? We have some racist comments from a Congresswoman that stole someone's seat on an airplane to gripe and moan about!

ATS, you can do a lot better than this. Please get your heads outta your rears!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
All right, it looks like this customer canceled her seat on her own.

Sure she did. smh

I'll bet that's why she got on the plane, took a pic of the lady sitting in her seat, and made all this fuss, because she cancelled the flight herself.

Highly unlikely.

The Airline is trying to cover it's collective butt and the D-bag politician, at the same time.

Take a second and think about the entire situation. Considering the despicable politician with a track record for being that way, and the fact this person made such a big deal; I'd wager that someone at United cancelled her seat, and then re-assigned it without her permission.

Also I used to fly for my job a lot and I can tell you that I'd never cancel my seat, especially around a holiday season when everything is overbooked.

BS lies to cover their asses.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
What really confuses me about this is that although it is unfair, ATS collectively acts like this person loosing their seat to a conceited mouthy Congresswoman is a very huge deal.

In comparison, only a few members here seemed upset that over 20 trillion taxpayer $$$ are unaccounted for and no one has any clue what's going on with our national finances.

That's the reason we're in such massive debt, because of D-bags like this woman. In order to solve rising debt, one must first address the reason's the debt is there, and with entitled attitude like this politicians, no wonder we keep piling it on.

I'd say economy class, train tickets, and bus fairs for all politicians across the board, as well as median healthcare plans.

These people live in a damn bubble, time for it to be popped.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join