It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline gives passenger seat to Rep. Lee; she blames anger of passenger on racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Sheila Jackson is a classic example of an actual racist. Racists attempt to hide their racism by pointing to others and screeching RACIST!

#ing racist bitch. You will always know who is actually racist, because they are the ones calling others racist, especially when they use their privilege to inconvenience regular people.

She used her privilege to steal from a commoner, and then called that person a racist to hide her privilege. Man, I hope some man comes around and accuses her of touching his gonads as a teenager.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
She used her privilege to steal from a commoner...

It hasn't determined (or disclosed) how exactly the seat became available so at this point it's her behavior after she received the seat that is what is at issue.

edit on 26-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

“This saddens me, especially at this time of year given all of the things we have to work on to help people.”

I like how she says that, as if somehow this woman getting kicked out of her seat for a Congresswoman somehow has anything to do with "helping people." Least of all a member of Congress, who doesn't "need help" to do any damn thing.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I believe there's a rule within GSA travel that states position over general public should not be be taken advantage of. I'll have to look it back up.

If you find that, keep it quiet or you may be accused of being racist.

Doesn't matter what it says anyway, rules are written for little people, everybody knows that.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Sheila Jackson is a classic example of an actual racist. Racists attempt to hide their racism by pointing to others and screeching RACIST!

I totally agree. Tell that to Grambler.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
She used her privilege to steal from a commoner...

It hasn't determined (or disclosed) how exactly the seat became available so at this point it's her behavior after she received the seat that is what is at issue.

What determination? The airline gave her the seat.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I totally agree. Tell that to Grambler.

More personal attacks by you, who have just as I have done, suggested Lee is ridiculous for saying this is about racism.

Have a good holiday season!

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

How the seat actually became available to begin with. Pay attention.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
I believe there's a rule within GSA travel that states position over general public should not be be taken advantage of. I'll have to look it back up. Once upon a time I was too a GS.

I'm sure there is some sort of ethics/conduct clause but at this point we don't know how the seat became available.

If memory serves, you can upgrade out of coach at a) your own expense or b) if flight time is over 12 hours or something.

Bottom line, if you pay out of pocket to upgrade, it's fine. If the airline gives you an upgrade, I don't think you're obligated to decline it. So it would only be an issue if she pressured them into bumping somebody out of their seat for her.

ETA - that's what I can recall from the GSA regs on flights by feds.
edit on 26-12-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
If memory serves, you can upgrade out of coach at a) your own expense or b) if flight time is over 12 hours or something.

On United there are multiple ways. You can apply a RPU (regional premier upgrade that status flyers accumulate) at time of purchase, you can use miles and a copay, you can do a time of day purchase upgrade if there is room in F or you can use a CPU which are free and you have high enough status within 4 days of departure.

Bottom line, if you pay out of pocket to upgrade, it's fine. If the airline gives you an upgrade, I don't think you're obligated to decline it. So it would only be an issue if she pressured them into bumping somebody out of their seat for her.

This is where it gets odd, United said she canceled her own segment from IAH-DCA. It is possible to do that and she was looking at other flights due to a MX issue in IAH, however United hasn't released proof of this. They did however give her an E+ seat and a $500 ETC voucher which they typically don't do if you bonehead your way out of seat.

More facts need to come out.

link   

How the seat actually became available to begin with. Pay attention.

Can you read? Read the thread title.

"Airline gives passenger seat to Rep.--"

link   
a reply to: Grambler

For her surprise "attack" at the holidays' flight, she should have offered to go to the back of the plane and they could have had an even better reason to scream without gratitude how they were ushered to the back of the plane...

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
S J

She serves as Senior Whip for the Democratic Caucus

causes
nothing to see here

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Quotes from Sheila Jackson Lee at the website which also gives a brief explanation the circumstance surrounding the quotes.

www.dumbocratquotes.com...

I am not in her district but live in the area. She is as dumb as a box of rocks and every bit as entitled as the French Aristocracy before they lost their heads.

Don't biatch about the source - you can find any number of different sites. My favorite is that she is now a freed slave.
edit on 12/26/2017 by TXTriker because: fix

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

who have just as I have done, suggested Lee is ridiculous for saying this is about racism.

But you didn't actually say that... what you said was "You guessed it, shes black".

You dichotomy is showing.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Can you read or are you too busy race baiting? How did the seat become available in the first place? Did the woman actually cancel her own itinerary or did United cancel it and give Lee the seat.

Notice I didn't put a question mark on the end of that third sentence since I'm not looking for an answer from you.

edit on 26-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

On United there are multiple ways. You can apply a RPU (regional premier upgrade that status flyers accumulate) at time of purchase, you can use miles and a copay, you can do a time of day purchase upgrade if there is room in F or you can use a CPU which are free and you have high enough status within 4 days of departure.

I was referring to federal employee regs, sorry. Should have clarified, so I'll put an ETA in there.

This is where it gets odd, United said she canceled her own segment from IAH-DCA. It is possible to do that and she was looking at other flights due to a MX issue in IAH, however United hasn't released proof of this. They did however give her an E+ seat and a $500 ETC voucher which they typically don't do if you bonehead your way out of seat.

Honestly I understand very little of that. Lol

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
As a frequent flyer in first class, I actually know my seat assignments well in advance. I even get pre-approved through TSA lines.

You can't "not know" where you're sitting if you get an upgrade. There aren't that many seats available.

Lee just shows that she thinks she's better than us.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Honestly I understand very little of that. Lol

I'll translate from flyerspeak.

She was on her way home traveling from Houston to Reagan National, there was a delay in Houston, she used the United app to locate other flights, United says she accidentally canceled her flight, however we haven't seen proof of this. The odd part is they put her on the flight she allegedly canceled and gave her a $500 electronic credit for future flights. Something the majority of the frequent flyers on the other forum think is strange since you typically don't get compensated for screwing up your own itinerary.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Can you read or are you too busy race baiting? How did the seat become available in the first place? Did the woman actually cancel her own itinerary or did United cancel it and give Lee the seat.

Notice I didn't put a question mark on the end of that third sentence since I'm not looking for an answer from you.

Meh, your biased for the same reason, but pretend its not sure, because you are "discussing it somewhere else" and haven't found the truth yet.

Its all too obvious. They got caught favoring a politician over a 'Public'.

But I expect this sort of reaction from the MSM and its minions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join