It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline gives passenger seat to Rep. Lee; she blames anger of passenger on racism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll translate from flyerspeak.

Thanks, I put it into Google Translate and that was a total bust.

She was on her way home traveling from Houston to Reagan National, there was a delay in Houston, she used the United app to locate other flights, United says she accidentally canceled her flight, however we haven't seen proof of this. The odd part is they put her on the flight she allegedly canceled and gave her a $500 electronic credit for future flights. Something the majority of the frequent flyers on the other forum think is strange since you typically don't get compensated for screwing up your own itinerary.

She who, the rep? Or the other lady?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Honestly I understand very little of that. Lol

She was on her way home traveling from Houston to Reagan National, there was a delay in Houston, she used the United app to locate other flights, United says she accidentally canceled her flight, however we haven't seen proof of this. The odd part is they put her on the flight she allegedly canceled and gave her a $500 electronic credit for future flights. Something the majority of the frequent flyers on the other forum think is strange since you typically don't get compensated for screwing up your own itinerary.

Yes that is a good point.

The airline giving 500 dollars seems to suggest that they just want her to be quiet.

I doubt they are in the business of giving money away for people that made mistakes.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Its all too obvious. They got caught favoring a politician over a 'Public'.

And you know this because you're Oscar Munoz.

Notice there wasn't a question mark on that one either.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Or the other lady?

Ms. Simon, the other lady. Lee apparently already had a Economy Plus seat assignment and got the first class seat when whatever happened occurred.

I'll wait for the facts but if you want to know what actually happened you can ask Oscar since apparently he's a member here on ATS and is in thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

You're just a minion of the MSM.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
The airline giving 500 dollars seems to suggest that they just want her to be quiet.

I doubt they are in the business of giving money away for people that made mistakes.

That's the odd part, they don't hand out vouchers unless they feel they did something in error and you typically have to request them.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Ahhh okay. So, to recap: the other lady got compensated by the airline which is strange because the airline says she cancelled her own flight, and airlines typically don't compensate you for fat-fingering your own itinerary.

I'm up to speed now. Slow speed, but still.

ETA - a question: is it possible that they would have given her the voucher for the delayed flight they're saying is the cause of her cancelling?
edit on 26-12-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

link   

I've used the app.

They have a "Are you really sure you want to do this?" option when ever you make changes.

I've done it for upgrades when I've flown to San Fran.

link   

You're just a minion of the MSM.

Other way around. We run them from the House of the Temple in DC.

link   

Without knowing all the facts, I would theorise she cancelled her ticket, couldn’t find another flight, threw a tantrum at check in who then managed to get her a flight, but she wasn’t happy and threw another tantrum as she was no longer in the class she wanted. They then gave her some “shut up complaining, it’s christmas” compensation to get her moving.

I’ve seen something similar here in the UK, years ago. Family booked a flight, seats weren’t nextcyo each other (passengers fault), but they have them a form of compensation just to keep them moving.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I've used the app.

They have a "Are you really sure you want to do this?" option when ever you make changes.

I've done it for upgrades when I've flown to San Fran.

Yup, it's actually a double confirmation.

Someone had to physically cancel her out of the seat though since she already had a printed boarding pass. Either she did it or an airline employee did it.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Without knowing all the facts, I would theorise she cancelled her ticket, couldn’t find another flight, threw a tantrum at check in who then managed to get her a flight, but she wasn’t happy and threw another tantrum as she was no longer in the class she wanted. They then gave her some “shut up complaining, it’s christmas” compensation to get her moving.

To be fair, there are real world examples on Flyertalk where airline associates surreptitiously cancel first class seats and give them out to non-revs or VIP's (what we call 'shenanigans') so it is possible someone canceled her ticket.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

To be fair, there are real world examples on Flyertalk where airline associates surreptitiously cancel first class seats and give them out to non-revs or VIP's (what we call 'shenanigans') so it is possible someone canceled her ticket.

That’s not really a cancelled ticket though. It would just be a downgrade. From what’s being said, the ticket was completely cancelled.

Maybe it’s just semantics.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Ahhh okay. So, to recap: the other lady got compensated by the airline which is strange because the airline says she cancelled her own flight, and airlines typically don't compensate you for fat-fingering your own itinerary.

Bingo. It's odd because no one can recall a proactive comp for something they did wrong. Getting you back on the flight is one thing if you cancel but giving you money on top of that is another.

ETA - a question: is it possible that they would have given her the voucher for the delayed flight they're saying is the cause of her cancelling?

No, sounds like she also has status so they would try to get you on the next available flight either with them or another airline. You don't typically get a ETC voucher for delayed flights unless things really go haywire. Typical is a room and meal voucher if it moves to the next day.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

That’s not really a cancelled ticket though. It would just be a downgrade. From what’s being said, the ticket was completely cancelled.

Maybe it’s just semantics.

No, not semantics. The reason I brought it up is because someone had to go in, in both cases, and change the passenger record.

She's claiming she got downgraded via a cancelation versus some of the other examples where someone got downgraded by moving them back without cancelling them.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What about this as another idea. Sounds a bit far fetched though.

The price difference for an economy class ticket to a short notice booking could be about $500? They just gave her the difference back because.......

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

What about this as another idea. Sounds a bit far fetched though.

The price difference for an economy class ticket to a short notice booking could be about $500? They just gave her the difference back because.......

Well, she did use miles. None of us have been able to find out if she got her airline miles back as well. If she were cancelled they should have redeposited depending on how she booked this trip.

So, if she got her miles back and a $500 comp it seems suspicious.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I've willing given up my seat for active duty folks. So it is quick and easy to do.

I've also had flights canceled because of "Acts of God".

I've tried to get airlines to give me 15 minutes with Jessica Alba, hotel rooms, even reimbursements.

They have laughed at my face.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

To me, that doesn’t make sense.

If she cancelled the ticket, there’s no downgrade as there isn’t a valid booking to downgrade.

Booked first class, cancelled ticket, got another, but it was economy.

That’s not a downgrade. That’s just taking what’s left after your booking has been cancelled.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I've willing given up my seat for active duty folks. So it is quick and easy to do.

You can just swap boarding passes at that point and not even need to get a gate agent involved.

I've tried to get airlines to give me 15 minutes with Jessica Alba, hotel rooms, even reimbursements.

They have laughed at my face.

Next time I'll let you sit in the cockpit jump seat of ChemiKill One, our Masonic jet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join