It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline gives passenger seat to Rep. Lee; she blames anger of passenger on racism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

...it seems suspicious.

Completely agree. There’s a lot of missing info though.

“Who cancelled the ticket?” Is the main one.

“What’s the compesation for?” Would be my next one.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
To me, that doesn’t make sense.

Yup, which is why there are some very crucial missing facts in this case.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wouldn’t be a good story if all the facts were there though.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Jesus Christ. You must be new.

If all the facts were presented, then everyone would be able to make rational decisions and determinations.

SMDH

/sarcasm

edit on 26-12-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Jesus Christ.

That’s not me. It’s my brother.

You must be new.

I am. I made a time machine, travelled back and signed up. I’ll have to travel back some more and post, just to make it look like I’ve been here a while.
edit on 26122017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

But rep. Lee's comments are known.

Rather the woman passenger canceled, or the airline screwed her over do to pressure from rep. Lee or without that pressure, I am pretty sure any reasonable person can see that the passenger is not just making a scene because Lee is black.

By making it racial and herself the victim, Lee makes herself look terrible.

If it comes out Lee presurred the airline, she will look even worse.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why?

We don’t know what was said, for a start. The passenger could have said something like “it’s people like you.....”. That could have been a dig at the rich, but taken as a dig at her colour.

Or Lee could have just been calling the race card for the attention and the “feel sorry for me” factor.

As has been said, too many unknowns to jump on one side or the other.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Then it would be up to Lee to provide her reasoning why she felt this was racial and include those statements.

Instead, we have the explanation that Lee herself gave in the op.

Her just blaming racism with no explanation is ridiculous.
edit on 26-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

(post by WhiteWingedMonolith removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A congressman flying first class.

There's a hell of a lot to yell bout.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Her just blaming racism with no explanation is ridiculous.

Maybe she felt it was self evident?

Maybe she’s race baiting?

Maybe she overheard something, but could only make out a couple of words?

Maybe she just wants her twitter followers to share her tweet to make her feel good?

Maybe a lot of things.

You’re looking at it from one side. Try looking at it from both and see there’s no clear indication it was racial, but also none that it wasn’t. You’re relying on nothing more than a couple of tweets.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's Sheila Jackson Lee.

Queen of the bad cowboy hats.

Of course it's race baiting.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Then using that logic, I assume you never make any judgements on any statements anyone makes.

I mean, there I never proof that any incident wasn't racial, therefore we must always entertain the idea everything is racial.

No I am sorry.

She made the accusation of raciam, so she should provide evidence for that claim.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, who was accused by a United Airlines passenger of bumping her from a first-class seat, said in a Twitter screed on Tuesday that she believes the incident is all about race.

“Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman, seemingly an easy target along with the African American flight attendant who was very, very nice,” the Texas Democrat wrote in a post. “This saddens me, especially at this time of year given all of the things we have to work on to help people.”

“But in the spirit of this season and out of the sincerity of my heart, if it is perceived that I had anything to do with this, I am kind enough to simply say sorry,” Jackson Lee continued. “But as an African American, I know there are too many examples like this all over the nation.”

Irrespective of who was at fault or to what degree all the facts are known, it appears from Ms Lees comments there that it is of paramount importance she articulate that she is an African-American - so she has made it about race. If this was actually about race, and not questionable conduct by airline staff, where is the evidence that has led Ms Lee to her conclusion?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Irrespective of who was at fault or to what degree all the facts are known, it appears from Ms Lees comments there that it is of paramount importance she articulate that she is an African-American - so she has made it about race.

She's a freed slave dontcha know!

edit on 26-12-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I don’t tend to make judgments on racism, unless there is evidence to show wether it was racist or not.

But, according to her tweet, it wasn’t just her that got whatever treatment the passenger dishes out. A flight attendant did too. She is also “African American”.

Could just be a coincidence and Lee is just race baiting though.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

But rep. Lee's comments are known.

Rather the woman passenger canceled, or the airline screwed her over do to pressure from rep. Lee or without that pressure, I am pretty sure any reasonable person can see that the passenger is not just making a scene because Lee is black.

By making it racial and herself the victim, Lee makes herself look terrible.

If it comes out Lee presurred the airline, she will look even worse.

Ah, but it makes her a HERO to her constituents. Like a souped-up ROSA PARKS.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

African American is not a race. Those are countries. How is this politician allowed to speak and not be corrected? She's a negroid. A negro and she knows it. She's the one who doesn't embrace being a negroid, she can't even say what she is.

I agree. I am friends with a female that is white and born in South Africa. She immigrated over to the US and lives here. She is a true AFRICAN American.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Im getting really tired of people weaponizing social justice concepts to deflect criticism or disagreement, such as in this case. One of the most toxic, cutthroat people at my work said people who criticized her for it only said it because she was a woman and they were sexist. It was absurd and manipulative. We exist in a pc culture right now where the unscrupulous know they can pull race or gender cards to manipulate in certain situations. And that needs to be discussed. As many have said, it waters down or undermines real social justice aims and addressing actual cases of injustice.

Please note I am not referring to legitimate cases of sexism not racism, because they do exist.

edit on 26-12-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join