It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Home and the imminent TOTAL loss of privacy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
this is just the future we are headed to, in 200 years time, privacy will be a conceptual idea, and it won't be strange to people living in that era.

from locomotives, to microwaves, to cellphone, and mri machines to preservatives, it all seemed evil and bound to consume society... not so much now that we are in the age of those things and they've become a norm.

we are always fearful of the future, which is ironically a place we are creating.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I have chosen not to buy any of these NSA home spy devices.

Especially, the Amazon one...ask Alexa who was Jesus Christ...it answers one line "a fictional character". Ask Alexa who was Muhammad and it goes on an on about what a wise man he was and how much great stuff he did.

Ironically you can Google that question to Alexa it is all over the net including videos. You just can't make this stuff up.

Screw Bezos and his Alexa BS.

edit on 2017/12/21 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

A robot past the self awareness test last year. Look it up. What do you call a human that does not have emotion because we are making self aware machines that very soon will be far more intelligent than us but lack emotion.

This technology is moving very fast. Go and do some research if you are intrested.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I have chosen not to buy any of these NSA home spy devices.

Especially, the Amazon one...ask Alexa who was Jesus Christ...it answers one line "a fictional character". Ask Alexa who was Muhammad and it goes on an on about what a wise man he was and how much great stuff he did.

Ironically you can Google that question to Alexa it is all over the net including videos. You just can't make this stuff up.

Screw Bezos and his Alexa BS.

I just asked Alexa who was Jesus Christ and she read a Wikipedia article. All reasonably factual. I didn't ask about Mo. Wouldn't want the NSA to put me on a watch list!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Anyone remember some years ago when the NYPD were calling for video cameras in all homes for terrorism prevention ?
This is the start of that becoming a reality. They knew they could not get the people to have them installed forcefully so they found another way. Soon these gadgets will become so cheap that people will have one in every room in the house. They will have not only microphones installed but video cameras too.
And what about hacking capabilities ? Could hackers get into these and record from the video cameras ? I suspect they could as they will be connected to the net just like everything else. Imagine a hacker watching your families every move in the house. Night and day. You should shudder at the negative possibilities of owning these gadgets.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Nyiah

A robot past the self awareness test last year. Look it up. What do you call a human that does not have emotion because we are making self aware machines that very soon will be far more intelligent than us but lack emotion.

This technology is moving very fast. Go and do some research if you are intrested.

Really

The roboticists realise that the completion of this simple test hardly amounts to, as the New Scientist put it, 'scaling the foothills of consciousness'

Anyway some here may not know we have talking pictures & in colour that could be installed in any cave you wish progress eh

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I really dont mind what you think. Im not here to argue you with. I will simply present the facts.

A simple experiment carried out in New York has demonstrated that robots not only have greater powers of deduction than previously acknowledged but are also aware of their own limitations. Scientists at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York built three robots who were all put through what is known as the “three wise men” test. It sounds like a child’s fable.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Look up Sohpia. Why do you think she was the first AI to be given rights in Saudi Arabia. This is what is being presented to the public. Be aware that the military is an estimated 10-15 years ahead.

Yes Machines can have a level of awareness. Why do you think the likes of Elon Musk is so concerned.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

perhaps the digital old schoolers don't use the tech because they can't understand it.

Its extremely painful to watch an oldtimer try to use technology. I wouldn't blame them for getting frustrated and saying to hell with it, the pen and paper did me fine for decades.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Based on some of these replies, I wonder why some of you even haunt a conspiracy site. Cuz u know, corporations and the gubbint only ever put health and safety first. Derp!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Google = nightmare world. Privacy in the hands of a mega corporation run by avarice. Same with Apple - in fact, Apple may be worse.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Apple & Google are the same creature. In fact Eric Schmidt was on Apple's Board of Directors at the same time as being CEO of Google, until a bit after they both had competing smart phones already on the market. Al Gore on both Board of Directors past that point (possibly still I havent got up to speed on all his BS in a while).

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The adults in the vid come across to me as pretty much just kids a bit older than their own kids.With a perpetual need for a mommy and a team of servants and assistants to ensure they never run into any difficulties.Weak,pampered,spoilt people who are ensuring their own kids will be as helpless negotiating life as they are,without god google.PATHETIC.

For me this goes FAR beyond giving a mega corporation all your personal details and having them organising everything For you- for Me this is the exact opposite of teaching your kids independence and becoming strong through dealing with life and all its inconveniences and hardships.It is teaching them to be weak and dependent on someone / something to be their nanny and look after them all their lives.People like this have No chance when SHTF or if the grid +electricity goes down indefinitely for whatever reason,and it becomes a true jungle out there..
edit on 21-12-2017 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

edit on 21-12-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
To add to what i posted above,earlier..this whole google home thing reminds me of the life of my friend Liz.Her mother spent all Liz's adult life helping her with practical and financial issues,Liz having 2 kids,were a perpetual kid herself,even through 2 marriages.
She left her first marriage to a fairly wealthy guy,to marry a poor guy,after having a son with the wealthy guy.Mommy was there to make sure they did not suffer financially,and basically ran Liz's life for her,including raising her second child most of the time.
Liz's hubby thus decided to quit his reliable job,and go work for bigger salary,for some fly by nite type of entreneur,that soon had the guy firing him and going off somewhere else.

But Mommy was still there to help them in any and every way,but then Mommy died of natural causes.And now those people are suffering.So much more than they would if they were independent and self sufficient.They outright appeal via social media for the people of the town to help them.THEY WILL ALWAYS NEED SOMEONE TO LOOK AFTER THEM,TO HELP THEM WITH EVERY ASPECT OF THEIR LIVES.And these are people in their late 30's,not some 18 year olds.That is what this google home thing makes me think of.Don't be Liz.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They've gotten the early adopters the shell out a few hundred bucks for this tech, and now these are hitting the discount outlets. I have no doubt that soon they will be giving them away as "free gifts" for signing up with your ISP or cell phone carrier. Big Brother for everyone!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
As far as most things are concerned (9/11, Sandy Hook, HAARP, etc.) I am the furthest thing from a conspiracy theorist, as my interests lie in things that I don't really think are even conspiracies, like aliens and paranormal stuff. I don't think this is one either, as it's pretty evident it's happening, based on personal experience.

Not google Home, but Amazon Echo. We have one in the kitchen. We had a party, and during that party some drunken revelers were having in depth discussions like trying to remember all the lyrics to The Humpty Dance. I kn ow, deep stuff, right?

Well, that following Monday, I get onto Facebook, and there are several ads for tee shirts with lyrics from said song, or just general Digital Underground shirts on my page. Mind you we didn't ever ask Alexa to play the song, or anything like that. Just conversation near the Echo.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I've been on Amazon looking for this or that and when I get on Facebook I get ads in my feed for the very things I looked at on Amazon.
Most wouldn't think much of it, except my Amazon and Facebook accounts have different logins, with different emails.

At first I chalked it up to invading my browser history, cookies, or something like that so I logged in to Amazon on my PC and then Facebook on my phone with the same results.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: St0rD

Advanced extraterrestrial civilizations have one thing in common as we know, telepathy.

That means no secrets between them.

Well, maybe.
Thing is however, with telepathy they know what they are getting into. It's pretty evident if you let someone access your own mind that you might truly get your psyche raped in the end.

Now, I'm not convinced at all that most people are truly aware of what the end game of this Google Home device is. Even more when considering how hard they are trying to portray it as "good".

And I'm even less convinced that people even care.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join