It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Family Turns Transgender

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: TinySickTears

Can you expand on your comments? It is a bit confusing?

i guess
i was being sarcastic cause you said you were concerned and then offered your you dont buy it opinion.
why be concerned at all? why not just not worry about it since they are total strangers to you?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

OK. cool. I like sarcasm.

This is where a large disconnect happens on the internet. I am posting an opinion in a forum where lots of people offer opinions. If there is no need to talk about it WTF make a thread about? This is not a new site. It is a site for debate and to discuss issues. A forum.

Why should you or KrazyShOt be concerned about how I feel? It is not affecting them in anyway. What it should do is make you think about it for a second, if you do not agree move on or if you want to discuss it we can.

I am concerned about how things become normalized or how people can be conditioned to not question anything.

I mean, if this family is not a big deal doing what they are doing why it is a big deal if a baker, because of religious reasons, does not want to bake a cake?
edit on Decpm31pmf0000002017-12-18T17:14:07-06:000507 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Why should you or KrazyShOt be concerned about how I feel? It is not affecting them in anyway. What it should do is make you think about it for a second, if you do not agree move on or if you want to discuss it we can.

fair enough.
i can live with that

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Did they ask their dogs/cats/birds what they consider themselves?... If they didn't ask the family dogs/cats/birds etc etc what they considered themselves then said dogs/cats/birds etc etc should consider a lawsuit because the human family didn't consider them.... The audacity of humans not to include their pets in their idiocracy...

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is old news. They originally were from Benson, AZ and part of the 'underground people'. A form of survivalist group that dug tunnels between their houses and such. Nothing new here. Wonder who is profiting to bring this up again?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
It's official. The United States has finally lost its collective mind!

Oh, and the dog thinks it's a cat, and the goldfish identifies as a T-Rex. I just made that last stuff up...and wish I had made up the rest.

And a man called Jesus thought he was the son of God.

This stuff has been going on for a long time.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

just as long as they dont start confusing who is who!

That's sorted, just need the occasional genital check.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Is this a growing fad, right up there with ripped jeans?

Ripped jeans aren't a fad, they are a way of life, I've been wearing ripped jeans for 26 years so far

I don't get the outrage, how does the way this family lives their lives have one iota to do with any of you?

I'll give you a clue, it doesn't...

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: canuckster

. . . we're allowing children to take hormones to change their gender?

NO!

Hormone blockers only delay puberty and the physical changes it causes.

Postponed until legal adulthood, so any further decisions will be made as an adult.

Studies show there are no adverse effects to hormone blockers.

Ignorance never helps in a debate.

Wrong.

What Parents Should Know About Giving Hormones To Trans Kids

When Transgender Kids Transition, Medical Risks are Both Known and Unknown

The blockers can cause someone to become sterile. They cause a decrease in bone density. Their effect on brain development isn't even known.

Ignorance never helps, eh?

Huh.....

The Federalist? Seriously?

Your issue with the PBS article is what?

I listed two sources, with the other being biased in the other direction, and it also lists medical problems with such treatments. How about you address the data, instead of the sources? Weren't you speaking of ignorance not helping? do you have any sources to refute those medical issues?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Rather than just posting garbage, why not look for actual medical articles regarding these treatments? They have been used for decades for the treatment of precocious puberty with nary of whine of 'what about the children!!!'...

Long-Term Outcome after Depot Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone Agonist Treatment of Central Precocious Puberty: Final Height, Body Proportions, Body Composition, Bone Mineral Density, and Reproductive Function1
Sabine Heger Carl-Joachim Partsch Wolfgang G. Sippell
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 84, Issue 12, 1 December 1999, Pages 4583–4590,

A considerable number of patients with central precocious puberty (CPP) treated with depot GnRH agonists have reached final height (FH). The aim of this prospective, multicentric study was the evaluation of the benefits, side-effects, and long term outcome of depot GnRH agonist therapy. We investigated 50 young women (mean ± SD age, 16.7 ± 2.6 yr; range, 12.9–23.4 yr) at FH. They received depot triptorelin over a period of 4.4 ± 2.1 yr (range, 1.0–9.7 yr). Target height (TH) and predicted adult height (PAH) at the start of treatment were 163.6 ± 6.2 and 154.9 ± 9.6 cm, respectively (P < 0.05). FH was 160.6 ± 8.0 cm (FH vs. TH, P = NS; FH vs. PAH, P < 0.05). Young patients showed the highest height gain (FH minus initial PAH). Seventy-eight percent of all patients reached a FH within their TH range. Even in young patients and those with an unfavorable initial PAH below the TH range, 60% reached a FH within their individual TH range. Standardized bone mineral density and standardized bone mineral density SD score investigated by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry of the lumbar spine (L1–L4) were 1040.9 ± 124.2 mg/cm2 and 0.0 ± 1.0; those of the femoral neck were 902.2 ± 115.4 mg/cm2 and 0.2 ± 1.0, respectively. The SD score of the ratio of sitting height over lower leg length was normal (0.3 ± 1.2). Body mass index SD scores at pretreatment, at the end of treatment, and at FH were not significantly different (2.0 ± 2.0, 2.0 ± 2.0, and 1.7 ± 2.2, respectively). Menarche or remenarche started at age 12.3 ± 1.4 yr (range, 9.3–15.8 yr) in all patients.

In conclusion, long term depot GnRH agonist treatment of CPP girls preserved genetic height potential and improved FH significantly combined with normal body proportions. No negative effect on bone mineral density and reproductive function was seen. Treatment neither caused nor aggravated obesity.

academic.oup.com...

Long-Term Observation of 87 Girls with Idiopathic Central Precocious Puberty Treated with Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone Analogs: Impact on Adult Height, Body Mass Index, Bone Mineral Content, and Reproductive Function
Anna Maria Pasquino Ida Pucarelli Fabiana Accardo Vitan Demiraj Maria Segni Raffaella Di Nardo
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 93, Issue 1, 1 January 2008, Pages 190–195,

Abstract
Objective: We assessed in a retrospective unicenter study the impact of treatment with GnRH analogs (GnRHa) on adult height (AH), body mass index (BMI), bone mineral density (BMD), and reproductive function in girls with idiopathic central precocious puberty (ICPP).

Patients: Eighty-seven ICPP patients were treated with GnRHa for 4.2 ± 1.6 yr (range 3–7.9) and observed for 9.9 ± 2.0 yr (range 4–10.6 yr) after discontinuation of treatment; to estimate the efficacy better, 32 comparable ICPP untreated girls were analyzed.

Results: AH was 159.8 ± 5.3 cm, significantly higher than pretreatment predicted AH (PAH) either for accelerated or for average tables of Bayley and Pinneau. The gain in centimeters between pretreatment PAH and AH was 5.1 ± 4.5 and 9.5 ± 4.6 cm, respectively. Hormonal values and ovarian and uterine dimensions, reduced during treatment, increased to normal after 1 yr without therapy. Age of menarche was 13.6 ± 1.1 yr with an interval of 0.9 ± 0.4 yr after therapy. Menstrual pattern was normal. Six girls became pregnant and delivered normal offspring. BMI SD score for chronological age increased, but not significantly, before, during, and after therapy. BMD at discontinuation of treatment was significantly lower and increased to control values after gonadal activity resumption.

Conclusions: GnRHa treatment in ICPP is safe for the reproductive system, BMD, and BMI and helpful in reaching AH close to target height; however, the variability of individual responses suggests that one choose more parameters than increment in height, especially in girls with pubertal onset over 8 yr of age.

academic.oup.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Is this a growing fad, right up there with ripped jeans?
Certainly guaranteed to get yourself in the local media.
How proud they must be being flag bearers for another cause.

I also have observed that in some cases this has become a form of attention seeking. For some, I believe it is a way to gain compassion and acceptance now that our culture has embraced the whole gender thing to the extreme. It is a way to put yourself in the limelight and make yourself the center of attention if you feel you have no other way to do so.

I do not believe that is the case for everyone by any means. An example might be the hippie movement. There were those that really embraced the original ideology and lived it and a much larger group that just wanted to look the part and gain the attention being a hippie might give them. I guess you could use the goth or punk movement as an example as well. So I guess transgender wannabe's will be the next craze.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: melatonin

Nothing I posted was garbage, and there are real concerns with these treatments. Not to mention, of course, that any "parent" who is encouraging a child to pretend to be the opposite sex is guilty of child abuse.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Nothing I posted was garbage, and there are real concerns with these treatments. Not to mention, of course, that any "parent" who is encouraging a child to pretend to be the opposite sex is guilty of child abuse.

Your article is ftom 2008

Child abuse would be denying a trans child to be who their brain tells them they are.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Took me less than 5 minutes to find those medical articles.

Took you less than 5 seconds to show your real transphobic face.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Your article is ftom 2008

Child abuse would be denying a trans child to be who their brain tells them they are.

And?? What, you think they didn't understand medicine in 2008?

So, if your child's brain tells them they can fly, it's abuse to not let them jump off the roof to prove it?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: melatonin

Took me less than 5 minutes to find those medical articles.

Took you less than 5 seconds to show your real transphobic face.

Took me less than five minutes to locate articles showing such treatments aren't safe for children, too. Your point is what?

Oh, wait, name-calling, of course. Typical.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join