It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky State Rep Accused of Fondling Minor Commits Suicide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
It is reprehensible for anyone here or anywhere to be glad about ANYONE ever committing suicide. Seeing that here on ATS only exposes the gigantic voids of darkness within the hearts of those doing so. You could be inviting judgement upon your own self.

That felt wrong to me too. While it's horrible if this guy did do that to one of his underage parishioners, I still can't bring myself to applaud his suicide.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If I'm reading it correctly, sounds like he's blaming his suicide on Satan and ptsd from 9/11. I also find it interesting that someone who calls to God so often into his final words on Facebook chose suicide, given that suicide is supposedly a one way ticket to the very hot place. Given the accusations, if true, that'd be his final destination anyway according to the bible. Not much else to lose there.

@Ragnagork - do you have any links or other information that leads you to believe this is a false allegation in this case? Johnson made it pretty much impossible now to prove anything at all. That to me speaks volumes as to his possible guilt.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
17 can already vote. In many places 17 is considered adult, not underage.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ragnagork

However was it legal where it is supposed to happen. The law is the law!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Common sense. Many 17 already gave birth. 17 is 100% mature for a woman.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Was he actually convicted on any of the charges?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
If I'm reading it correctly, sounds like he's blaming his suicide on Satan and ptsd from 9/11. I also find it interesting that someone who calls to God so often into his final words on Facebook chose suicide, given that suicide is supposedly a one way ticket to the very hot place. Given the accusations, if true, that'd be his final destination anyway according to the bible. Not much else to lose there.

@Ragnagork - do you have any links or other information that leads you to believe this is a false allegation in this case? Johnson made it pretty much impossible now to prove anything at all. That to me speaks volumes as to his possible guilt.

Not really. If you look at ISIS who drive cars packed with explosives on suicide missions. To Abrahamic followers, suicide is the key to heaven, not hell.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Sorry neighbour that is circular logic. It sounds as if you are dismissing the victims rights here. For a brand new account, that makes me rather suspicious.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

No and there wasn't any evidence of the woman's claim.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The age of consent in Kentucky is 16. So it seems he may have been worried more about how the community would view him, other than any legal problems that might arise from the accusations.

This was probably just the straw that broke the camels back.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Sexual assault is still a crime
Its one where there is often little physical evidence, but it still happens. If he was innocent, he would likely not have killed himself. However people are odd, and suicide makes little sense to those who are left.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The report shows that the victim filed charges that were closed. This will shed light on the legitimacy of the claim.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If she were sleeping how would she know who fondled her? It could have been anyone.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Its one where there is often little physical evidence, but it still happens. If he was innocent, he would likely not have killed himself. However people are odd, and suicide makes little sense to those who are left.

Those who commit suicide are the most cruel. ISIS blow themselves up to kill anyone who is not a Sunni.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Corrected.
edit on 13-12-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

That's true. I guess I was thinking about the underage part being the part he'd have killed himself over, but you're right.

It's crazy to me there are still places where the age of consent is 16.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarveyW
If she were sleeping how would she know who fondled her? It could have been anyone.

Welcome back, ragnagork...

I’m guessing she woke up...
That wouldn’t be uncommon, as people often wake up when someone touches them.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HarveyW

And some kill themselves to end pain. Lets not equate suicide bombers with all those who kill themselves. I've lost some dear friends to killing themselves, and they only killed themselves. Similarly I've worked as a volunteer in search and rescue, trying to find people, many who have killed themselves, if they are REALLY serious about not being found, they camouflage themselves, then hang themselves in trees (or tie themselves to one, and overdose on sleeping pills).... the point is, more kill themselves in not terroristic ways, than those who do.

Your point is often true, its most cruel, for those who stay behind, and try to work out the why.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: HarveyW

Welcome back, ragnagork...

I’m guessing she woke up...
That wouldn’t be uncommon, as people often wake up when someone touches them.

Not necessarily.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

sorry, but if her story is true, it's closer to being rape than it is a consensual interaction.
she was his daughter's friend... his daughter was sleeping nearby.... and well, you can read the story here:

www.rawstory.com...

and.... according to that link...

She began attending therapy sessions, and she even showed KCIR her therapist’s notes that “outline how an alleged sexual assault pushed an honor roll student and drum major at Louisville Male High School into despair. She had signs of post-traumatic stress disorder.”

oh, ya, he was also her church pastor...

I am sad that the guy may have committed suicide, but it sounds to me like some would rather girls and women to just stay silent when this kind of crap happens. I find myself wanting to ask....
just how do people think we should "get a handle on this"
this is about the third time I've read this on ATS... so now I am asking...
if it's not some way to coerce them to be silent, just what are they proposing?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join