It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls Flynn treatment 'unfair,' claims Clinton 'lied many times' with impunity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: sugarmonkey

Even more disconcerting is how it's never been proven. Quite the opposite. But carry on...

Yep, I will carry on... As long as you carry on with that verbal diarrhoea you constantly spew. It's good for a laugh.

I'm not so blinded as to not see that there is mad corruption on BOTH sides of the political aisle in the cesspool that is DC and that the Clintons have been a big part of it. But go on, I enjoy your partisan dribble.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So I'll ask you since I can't ask the liar in chief.
What lies did she tell the FBI in her interview?
And please provide the recording or transcript of the interview to support your claims.
Please show where and when she ever lied to the FBI or under oath to congress.

Again. The fbi for some reason sent a guy to interview her that was caught being very pro Hillary and anti trump in messages to his mistress.

For whatever reason, he elected to not only allow Hillary to be interviewed while not recording it, but also allowed her lawyer huma who was also being investigated to sit in during the interview.

But you know this.

Ironic that you would them request to see trancripts that you know don't exist.

But you can be Damn sure everyone interviewed on trumps team didn't get these coutresies offered to Hillary

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

So you agree Trump is just like the rest that came before him? If so, my apologies.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
This looks to me like Pres Trump laying the ground work for a pardon. Not saying if it is right or wrong, a good thing or a bad one, just this is what it looks like to me.

I see this as an ace up his sleeve. If he needs it, it gets played otherwise nothing comes of it.

Both sides are building their hands for a big showdown but as i have said before this whole thing will slip quietly into the night at some point.

I don't believe a pardon will help Flynn at all.

Link

Mueller’s charges and Flynn’s plea still leave open the possibility of state charges, just in case Trump pardons Flynn federally. Presidential pardons apply only to federal crimes. I’ve written before about how Mueller’s prosecutorial strategy required him to navigate complicated state-level double jeopardy rules. His charges against Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, and George Papadopoulos reflected a sharp strategy to bring certain charges, while leaving plenty of others available to state prosecutors.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: sugarmonkey

Even more disconcerting is how it's never been proven. Quite the opposite. But carry on...

Gowdy: "Secretary Clinton said there was nothing marked classified on her emails either sent or received. Was that true?" Comey: "That’s not true."
Gowdy: "Secretary Clinton said, ‘I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material.’ Was that true?"
Comey: "There was classified material emailed."

Most of the time your extreme level of devotion to all things Clinton and Democrat is just annoying, but when it's so easily proven that your claims are blatantly false, it's kinda fun.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

First off its not just that strozks was investigating trump, he also was the one who interviewed Hillary.

Perhaps issues of potential claims of bias would be a good reason to actually record these interviews, don't you think?

But no, Hillary not only was interviewed by a seeming supporter, but was not recorded, and allowed to have huma present.

Surely you can admit to how terrible that is.

And if Mueller was taking this so serious, why has he stonewalled the house and their questions about strzok for months? Only through a leak was the truth found out.

If Mueller was taking bias seriously, wouldn't he have immediately answered the houses request for this info?

As far as investigations in general.

Sure it's difficult to find someone unbiased.

But here is what we are seeing now.

With hillary, pro Hillary people were allowed to investigate her, and the doj, whose head met with Hillary's husband in a secret meeting, and who instructed the fbi to not call it and investigation because she was worried about Hillary's image, was allowed to remain the person in charge.

With trump, his doj was forced to recuse himeslf, and the special investigator hired many lawyers that donated to hillary, and this is no problem.

Now we find out one of the heads in both investigations was trashing trump and praising Hillary in messages to his mistress.

And we can see how different the two investigations have been carried out.

So while it may be difficult to find wholly impartial investigators, these two investigations were clearly set up in the opposite way.

Hillarys investigation let the ultimate people in charge be people from her party that met with her husband in secret,

And trumps has people in charge that are at worst very antagonistic toward trump, or at best not biased toward him (unlike lynch with hillary) And As a result the inevateigation is far more seruous, with midnight raids, multiple on the record interviews, no immunity deals being handed out like candy, etc.

I actually prefer how this investigation is being handled.

My contention is that both investigations should be handled the same way.

It seems to me that there is an obvious double standard to go light on hillary, and heavy on trump, and that is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: whywhynot

What does one have to do with another? Are murderers using the "whattabout OJ" defense? Jesus. Clinton's guilt or innocence has absolutely nothing to do with Flynn's.

That's all absurd, irrelevant and purely political bull#. Flynn took a plea deal to avoid prosecution for more serious offenses. His life isn't being "ruined" for lying to the FBI, copping to the least of his offenses and cooperating with the Mueller team is what is shielding him from being held to account for the rest.

Want to see this go from bad to much much worse? Let that idiot pardon Flynn to undercut the investigation.

You are playing checkers and the politicians are playing 3D chess.

3D chess my ass. These clowns are playing good ol fashioned politics and counting on people to be too polarized to act in their own interest.

The best position to take here is that corruption is bad and no matter who committed the crime, corrupt criminals should be held to account.

If the GOP wants to launch another investigation into Clinton, then by all means, do it. That's got absolutely nothing to do with Flynn and any of the dominoes that fall after him in the Mueller investigation.

If Trump pardons Flynn at this point, we might as remove the Constitution from its protective case and set it on fire.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

What does one have to do with another? Are murderers using the "whattabout OJ" defense? Jesus. Clinton's guilt or innocence has absolutely nothing to do with Flynn's.

That's all absurd, irrelevant and purely political bull#. Flynn took a plea deal to avoid prosecution for more serious offenses. His life isn't being "ruined" for lying to the FBI, copping to the least of his offenses and cooperating with the Mueller team is what is shielding him from being held to account for the rest.

Want to see this go from bad to much much worse? Let that idiot pardon Flynn to undercut the investigation.

3D chess my ass. These clowns are playing good ol fashioned politics and counting on people to be too polarized to act in their own interest.

The best position to take here is that corruption is bad and no matter who committed the crime, corrupt criminals should be held to account.

If the GOP wants to launch another investigation into Clinton, then by all means, do it. That's got absolutely nothing to do with Flynn and any of the dominoes that fall after him in the Mueller investigation.

If Trump pardons Flynn at this point, we might as remove the Constitution from its protective case and set it on fire.

I basically agree with your post here.

I am for harsh thorough investigations for all of these people.

I just think trump is right that there was a different standard for Hillary.

I do think you are being hyperbolic about the pardon though.

Although I am against any pardon of flynn, and think it could very well lead to impeachment, I dont think it would destroy the constitution, as the president does have the power.

Would it be worse than Bush and Obama sending us to wars without congressional declaration?

Or more similar to this situation, how about Obama declaring executive privledge to keep Congress for seeing holders communications?

Again, I think a pardon would be a huge mistake. But it doesn't somehow destroy the constitution.

The previous 4 or more admins did a great job of starting that already.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

With trump, his doj was forced to recuse himeslf, and the special investigator hired many lawyers that donated to hillary, and this is no problem.

AG Sessions recused himself because he was intimately involved in what was being investigated. He was a part of the campaign and the transition team and he himself met with Kislyak. This was a unique set of circumstances because Session himself was a principal member of the group that was being subjected to investigation. He wasn't forced to do anything either btw, he did it voluntarily and it was the right move.

You really don't see the difference? Sessions is himself somebody who is being looked at as part of the investigation. It's not about political bias, it's about overseeing an investigation into one's own self.

If Mueller was taking bias seriously, wouldn't he have immediately answered the houses request for this info?

This isn't as simple as it sounds imo. Who actually requested what? Devin Nunes? Devin Nunes who was a part of the transition team? Devin Nunes who while ostensibly heading up an investigation tried to derail that investigation while being spoonfed the "unmasking" narrative directly from the WH?

You don't see the conflict of interest in Devin Nunes having *any* involvement in anything? Personally, I think Nunes's continued involvement is deeply troubling. He pretended to recuse himself. He should have actually recused himself.

That said, after the tarmac meeting, Lynch should have recused herself. I wouldn't be opposed to an investigation into the Clinton email investigation but that's a completely distinct issue to what's going on with the Mueller investigation.

What do you think should happen if Trump pardons Flynn?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Trump is 100% right.

Whatever the Clintons have on Comey, Obama, Lynch, Holder, et al must be huge---as in HUGE on a global scale---because Comey has gone so far out of his way to protect the Clintons and the Obama administration that I just can't imagine what could make them bungle the investigation of Hillary so badly.

I will always be baffled by the fact Obama NEVER appointed the requisite Inspector General for Hillary's State Department when billions went missing. I think that is HUGE. She controlled that department unfettered.

James Comey, imo, is hiding something that would spotlight so much corruption, theft and ineptness that he has sacrificed the very integrity of the FBI and our justice system. There is no other reason for him to have done what he did even going so far as to lie, leak, and pre-exonerate Clinton.
My personal belief is this bunch sold The American People and our interest down the river to Global operators.

Mueller knows all this. Trump knows a lot of it. And now it is a battle. One wants to pull the plug on the nasty Swamp and let it drain exposing all the muck and stench in order to begin the clean up. The other one wants to keep The Swamp as it is, lining pockets with bribery and blackmail and maintaining the Big Taxpayer Slush Fund for the Big Globalist Slush Fund.

I want the Swamp drained, Justice done no matter who is involved and what they did, and a clean MAGA process instituted.

edit on 4-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I have no problem with sessions recusing himself.

But lynch had even more reason do so and didn't.

I am in agreement that there should be another investigation into hillary, in addition to comey and others in the fbi involved with the first investigation.

As far as nunes, it wasn't just him, it was the entire house Intel committee that asked for info.

Much as the same as I feel biased doesn't discredit evidence against manafort et al, why should nines supported bias be a reason for Mueller to not respond to the house Intel committee?

That's rubbish.

As long as that is the standard, then people will be excused hiding facts from Mueller because his supposed bias, and the game will go round and round.

Mueller isn't some high and mighty person concerned with rooting out bias, or he wouldn't have stonewalled Congress. Period.

As for the pardon, it would depend on what the pardon is for.

It Mueller concludes his investigation, finds trump totally innocent of anything with russia, but charges Flynn for lying to Congress and trump Parsons him, I don't think that's a big deal.

If the pardon has to do with crimes involving rigging the electio, with russia, I think that this would be ground for at least impeachment hearings.

In general, I am not a fan of pardons. I was against Ford pardoning Nixon.

edit on 4-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

So I'll ask you since I can't ask the liar in chief.
What lies did she tell the FBI in her interview?
And please provide the recording or transcript of the interview to support your claims.
Please show where and when she ever lied to the FBI or under oath to congress.

I'll ask you a few questions...

1. Show me where anyone else in the past being interviewed by the FBI for a crime where that interview wasn't recorded.

2. Show me a time where the FBI interviewed all the suspects together with their attorney present and didn't record it.

3. Show where a case where the head of the FBI started drafting a letter about guilt in the case before even interviewing the main suspect.

4. Show me a case where the FBI allowed the suspects to destroy evidence related to a crime when said evidence has already been subpoenaed by the FBI.

5. Show me a case where member FBI investigators investigated suspects while their family members directly accepted funds from that same suspect.

6. Show me a case where the FBI offered so many suspect immunity deals while never gaining any real evidence or testimony form said suspects.

7. Show me a case where the head of the DOJ went and meet with the husband of a suspect they are investigating on the run way of an airport in secret.

Should I go on cause I can....

Show me how any of these make the FBI above board or trust worthy.

edit on 4-12-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think the whole Comey/Mueller Special Counsel circus is to keep the lid from blowing off the Big Pot of Stinky Swamp Stew. They see Trump as stirring the pot, and the globalists, including, but not limited to the Clintons, Obama, and others don't want their nice little cushy recipe messed with.

Mueller and Comey see themselves as serving a "higher cause". They believe they are the intellectual giants that are above Lady Justice and I think they think it is best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Trump wants to wake those sleeping dogs up so we can all see them for what they are. The American People have been used and abused long enough. #MAGA

Lock them all up....not just Hillary.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

These “fools” depend on you underestimating them.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Another day, another anti-Hillary thread on ATS.

She lost! Will you folks ever let it go...?

Damn, she truly does "live rent free in your heads."

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

"This looks to me like Pres Trump laying the ground work for a pardon."

Should it not be Edward Snowden that's first in the pardon queue?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Is it not proper in your head to compare how Justice has been applied to others? Would you like, for example, a law enforcement organization that applied the laws of the land differently to you than to me?
edit on 4-12-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Is it not proper in your head to compare how Justice has been applied to others?would you like, for example, a law enforcement organization that applied the laws of the land differently to you than to me?

That's what I don't get. I don't give a rat's ass what HRC says on her book tour or what she had to drink on her book tour or how she was late for an appearance because of one reason or another. And I'm sick to death of some members that can't let silly, stupid # like that go without making a thread about it.

But when it comes to issues pertaining to criminal conduct, or possible criminal conduct? Yea, I'll take a look at that.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"This looks to me like Pres Trump laying the ground work for a pardon."

Should it not be Edward Snowden that's first in the pardon queue?

I invite you to start a thread on that topic. This topic is as titled

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I agree, it’s not about dumping on Hillary it’s about equal application of the law

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join