It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls Flynn treatment 'unfair,' claims Clinton 'lied many times' with impunity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Hillary lied to CONGRESS, not the FBI, over and over, like you said. Two different things! Many politicians have lied to congress.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Using Clinton as a scapegoat? I'm not surprised at all. That's her whole purpose in the Trump presidency anyways, to be used as a scapegoat to excuse what the Trump administration says and/or does.

Nope. It's called 'precedence' and it was set by the Obama administration and their (via various departments) blatant mishandling of the Clinton investigations (among additional mishandled investigations (or non-investigations) into other corrupt democrats - see Holder, see Lynch, see Awan bros). Don't try to put this all on Trump.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Trump is not doing anything new... everything has been done by prior presidents... with the exception of utilizing Twitter.

Quit being disingenuous.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I have proven I am for equal justice, why aren't you?

Do you see me bringing up Flynn every time someone calls for Hillary to be put in jail? No? Then what makes you think I'm not for equal justice? Hillary is a crook and deserves a life sentence for all the shady things she has done, where have I ever said otherwise?

You guys have such a black and white perspective on the world, all because you've fallen for their social engineering propaganda. There are people who dislike both sides you know.
edit on 12/4/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Trump is not doing anything new... everything has been done by prior presidents...

Exactly my point, he's no different than past presidents. So stop acting like he's different why don't you? Stop saying he's some kind of "breath of fresh air" if he's continuing to do what Obama and other past presidents did.

There's nothing disingenuous about my post, I'm calling a spade a spade.
edit on 12/4/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: whywhynot

The Justice Dept, says differently.

The Justice Department did not bring charges against Clinton over her use of a private email server while she was secretary of State, and law enforcement officials have said they do not believe Clinton misled investigators. "We have no basis to conclude she lied to the FBI," then-FBI director James Comey said during congressional testimony in July 2016. 

So there you have it.

www.usatoday.com... 001/

Well it should be easy to see if she lied.

Let's see the fbi recording of their interview of her.

Oh wait, that's rigjt, they had a pro Hillary agent interview her off of the record, so we can't see what she said!

Well we do know she lied many times publicly saying she handed over all work related emails.

And we know her team destroyed subpoenaed evidence, which is worse than lying, and yet for in no trouble for that.

But I guess you would like us to just take the dojs word that she was honest.

You know, the same doj that had it's head meet in secret with Hillary's husband on a tarmac, and was more c9ncerned with protecting Hillary's image and told comey not to call the investigation am investigation.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

She lied, there is no question, but not to the FBI, there is a huge difference. It does not mean she did not lie.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Wow, I provide PROOF, and you just stay in that bubble and believe everything your told. I mean I literally gave you a link, with all of the information right there, and you just can not accept it.

What have done is spammed the thread with the same quote you claim is from a source to which your link with all the info you claim to have presented was not properly formatted in your post and therefore goes absolutely nowhere.

In case that was too much for your clearly fevered and highly emotional brain to wrap around, your link is # and until you fix it and stop ranting incoherently at people, you're just making yourself look sillier and sillier with each passing second.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

What does one have to do with another? Are murderers using the "whattabout OJ" defense? Jesus. Clinton's guilt or innocence has absolutely nothing to do with Flynn's.

That's all absurd, irrelevant and purely political bull#. Flynn took a plea deal to avoid prosecution for more serious offenses. His life isn't being "ruined" for lying to the FBI, copping to the least of his offenses and cooperating with the Mueller team is what is shielding him from being held to account for the rest.

Want to see this go from bad to much much worse? Let that idiot pardon Flynn to undercut the investigation.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
Actually no he did not. In fact, he did the EXACT opposite of that. Trump like his base is just trying to deflect from the reality that he and his cronies are in fact criminals. How many indictments were served under Obama? That right! NONE

Well that should raise all kind of red flags right away. Flynn is accused of something the previous administration had done in the past but like i said nobody cared back then. Weird huh. The infamous mic incident for example. Same goes for Trump and his standing in the world before he ran for office. The internet is full of videos and pictures where celebrities praise him and call him a good guy and now all of a sudden these imbeciles turned on him. Yeah nothing supsicious about that.

Collusion is not even considered a crime under american law and you have to be at war to charge someone with treason. Trump hasn't done anything that counts as grounds for impeachment. Obama had the whole intelligence apparatus behind him and they found jack squat. Do you really believe for only one second that Obama would have stood idly by and just looked the other way if the russian bull# was actually true? Why would Obama be okay with that in the first place? Just use your brain fffs.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Of course Hillary's investigation has nothing to do with rather Flynn is guilty or not. If he's guilty, he should pay the price.

But people pretending that there is not a huge double standard as to how Hillary's investigation was haned vs. the investigation into trumps team are making themselves look foolish.

And the fact that we are now finding out some of the same bias people involved high up in Hillary's investigation are now investigations trump, it is very relevant to point out these double standards.

I believe you have said, and I have agreed, that if there was a thourough investigation into every politician, almost all of them would be found guilty of something.

So surely you see a huge problem with the investigative bodies having double standards in who to pursue, and how they carry out those investigations.

edit on 4-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

She lied, there is no question, but not to the FBI, there is a huge difference. It does not mean she did not lie.

I'm confused. So you know she lied but just not to the FBI? Just because someone said she didn't lie to the FBI doesn't mean she didn't. I would be more inclined to think that since she did lie to Congress then she most likely lied to them as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

UH, I don't recall Comey saying any such thing, care to back that up???

blah blah blah

This article was published by The McAlvany Intelligence Advisor on Friday, May 27, 2016:
What does it matter

By Tom Kertscher on Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 at 10:33 a.m.

edit on (12/4/1717 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Man i love the obama ate my dog, hillary killed my dad, and bill touched my mom crowd.

What's that word they like? Snowflake?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why people don't get that is beyond me. The double standard is blatantly obvious even if you hate both of them. The same people would have raised a hue and cried if Trump had done the same. Investigations should be impartial and in Hillary's case they never were right from the get go.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sugarmonkey

I'm confused. So you know she lied but just not to the FBI? Just because someone said she didn't lie to the FBI doesn't mean she didn't. I would be more inclined to think that since she did lie to Congress then she most likely lied to them as well.

Now i'm confused. Are you allowed to lie to Congress but not to the FBI? Sounds kinda moronic if you ask me.
edit on 4-12-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: sugarmonkey

It's confusing, especially in the manner that it's been presented in this thread, to keep track of. Here's my best crack at a summary of it:

Clinton says that Comey's comments backed her up when she stated that she was "truthful" in her narrative to the public about her email habits. Comey testified to Congress that while there was no evidence that Clinton had lied to them (being the FBI) during the investigation, that her comments to the public about her narrative were inaccurate and false.

So, in a nutshell: HRC lied her ass off to the public and tried to use Comey's wildly misinterpreted/misheard/misunderstood (by HRC) comments as a buttress for her statements to the public. But, at least so far as I know, Comey has never indicated they found anything to show that HRC lied to FBI investigators.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: sugarmonkey

Now i'm confused. Are you allowed to lie to Congress but not to the FBI? Sounds kinda moronic if you ask me.

I think it's a moot question because I don't think HRC ever testified to Congress about her emails, did she? All I remember her doing is just flat out ignoring them about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Trump calls Flynn treatment 'unfair,' claims Clinton 'lied many times' with impunity

She did lie, and not only did she lie she deleted emails on a private server she wasn't even suppose to have.

Trump IS RIGHT.

Clinton LIED out her snip without impunity.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
How is this bull# not a jailable offense?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Well that should raise all kind of red flags right away. Flynn is accused of something the previous administration had done in the past but like i said nobody cared back then.

Flynn isn't "accused of" anything. Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI. It's ceased to be an accusation at that point, he's admitted his guilt. And he did so to avoid prosecution for other offenses which would further imply that he knows he's guilty of worse and that there's a good chance they'll prove it.

Trump hasn't done anything that counts as grounds for impeachment.

Bill Clinton was impeached for his actions in regards to the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Oral sex in the Oval Office isn't a crime in of itself. Specifically, he was impeached for perjury and obstruction (look it up).

The thing about impeachment is that it's not a criminal prosecution — it's a political process. Article II, section 4 of the United States Constitution:

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors"

"High Crimes and Misdemeanors" has no actual specific definition. In fact, the term "high crimes" is something of a catchall for a spectrum of malfeasance for which there may not even be any laws on the books that would apply to non-officials. Essentially, it's whatever Congress deems it to be.

Do you really believe for only one second that Obama would have stood idly by and just looked the other way if the russian bull# was actually true?

What tripped up Flynn in the beginning was calling Kislyak to undercut the actions that had been taken that very day by Obama.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join