It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were showed proof of God right now what would you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What would you do if you saw proof of god?

Would you change your way of life?

Would you just think like “well thats interesting” then go about your life?

I’m curious what people would think.

Also, what would it take to prove god to you?

I’m thinking of going on a mission to get proof of God and want to know what would convince you.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CloseEncountersGuy

Most of my desired conversations with God revolve around....why

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Continue to live my life as best as possible as well as continue scientific investigation of how the universe works. Having knowledge that god exists doesn’t mean you have any idea how it all works. You may not even be able to contact god if you did know. Even if you could there is no guarantee you would comprehend the response.

edit on 1 12 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Walk away laughing that theres people in the 21st century stupid enough to still believe in imaginary skyfairies .
edit on 11217 by VengefulGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I think the world would suddenly seem insignificant. Not non important but the new I phone 9 may not be such a big deal to anyone.

As for me it would just reinforce my beliefs, and perhaps help tame the angry little jerk in my head that encourages my worst smart-assed responses and ideas that I sometimes spout off like my opinion matters in most cases.

edit on 1-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Proof is subjective.

Subject to peoples belief, denial, pre conceived notions.

My brother lived in a haunted house, denied it to the end but sold out at a loss after a ton of remodeling to make it his dream house. He still wont talk about why he invested all that money and walked away from all that equity.

So some remain in denial. Too bad too. I just want to talk about that stuff, he wants to ignore it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Would you care to explain exactly by what you mean with god?
You might be thinking I am speaking just for spite?

No: simply put in how many gods on quora:

Throughout recorded history, we can count anywhere from 8,000–12,000 gods who have been worshiped. But we can only count around 9 different types of gods (based on theological characteristics) that have been worshiped. Every modern god also fits into one of these types, and 5 of them are Hindu types. No one is quite sure how many gods are still worshiped in modern times, but the list is likely no fewer than 24 major gods and maybe about a 100 or so minor deities and spirits. It’s hard to pin downs since a lot of Asian cultures have a lot of minor divinities in their theologies.

I have not checked if the numbers check out .... but it goes to show that a bit of pinpointing is needed.

Let's assume something would exist. What of it? Does that change the current situation? No, does that change history? no. Does that change tomorrow? As far as I can tell, the gods in history were in need of mankind, not the other way around. ....so no, in my view, it would change nothing.

Turning the question around .....

If you were to stumble upon undeniable evidence that believing in your god is a delusion. .... what would you actually do? How would that make you feel?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I am at peace with myself.

I worry for everyone else now.

As for others, I can't speak for what it would be like if they had proof of God. Some people would find ways to deny Him even if He showed them undeniable proof. For example, they might be forced to admit there is a God, but they'd decide to hate Him for not showing up sooner or something like it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Most of my desired conversations with God revolve around....why
a reply to: BlueJacket

I think I can answer why. So our Creator may experience all that CREATOR is, through you.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I have seen proof of God and it had forever changed me for the better.

Would you change your way of life?

I will do whatever the Lord asks of me,for he has shown me undeniable proof of his existence,he guides my path so I may not falter.

Would you just think like “well thats interesting” then go about your life?

That would be impossible for me with what I've been shown to simply dissmis it as just "something interesting".

I’m thinking of going on a mission to get proof of God and want to know what would convince you.

The Lord already convinced me,he will convince you too if you come to him with an open mind and a open heart.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloseEncountersGuy

I'd probably be bummed that it's in the Hoax bin.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I would call BS, and probably get drunk.

But that's just what I do every night.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'd have to ask which God. There have been so many. I think I would react differently if I were shown proof of Pan as opposed to proof of Allah.
edit on 12/1/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Jihad?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

If you were showed proof of God right now what would you do?

I would ask her why Americans have such a poor grasp of grammar and the English language in general.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I ask mostly because one day i was in a really bad mood and created a video as a joke to myself. I asked the creator to freate certain shapes in the clouds if questions i asked were true then about 5 minutes later all thr shapes appeared in the sane spot.

It seemed to me the odds of that happening were so incredibly liw tgat something was out there manipulating the weather, could hear and see me and responded to amuse me.

Here’s the video filled with cursing / foul language but you can see that at the 6:30 mark tge clouds form into the heart, triangle and square.

Is this god?

It got me wonderibg if god is really real, has no physical form and created this with me to prove its atoubd all tge time watching

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Depending on the god, I'd give you vastly different answers.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Lets pretend its Tzeentch.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Abysha

Lets pretend its Tzeentch.

That would suck. I'm such a square, lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I would ask her why Americans have such a poor grasp of grammar and the English language in general.

He would blame it on the education system. Isn't that where it is taught?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join