It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn charged with one count of making false statement

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes, that's what Kennedy was talking about.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Zero Hedge has a copy of the inductment.

Take a few minutes to go and read it. He's charged with falsely claiming that he didn't ask the Russian ambassador to avoid escalating the situation, and falsely claiming that he didn't ask him to delay a UN vote.

I'm sure I'm not going to be the only person who asks: THAT'S IT ?!?! THAT'S THE WORST THING MUELLER COULD NAIL THIS GUY ON?

When the goal is more war through escalating tension taking actions to de-escalate tension is a crime. I wonder if the left will actually enjoy the new cold war they seem to desperately want. Nobody sane liked the last one and we only survived it by luck.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Xcathdra

How can you take a person who lied to the FBI..who lied to the vice president of the United States, and give him any credibility going forward?

Is Bob Mueller so desperate for Success at something, that he's willing to put his morals and personal character on the back burner?

Because lying to the FBI and getting some sort of deal on the legal side comes with the caveat that requires full cooperation with investigations and any lies / omissions / etc can nullify a plea agreement. That means he could be charged for every single crime they found and it means the info he gave which implicates himself in those crimes can then be used against him.

Not saying people will not lie but in these instances, if you were in Flynn's position, would you take a plea where you pay and fine and get probation or would you continue lying while providing the very evidence that would send you to prison for several decades?

When deals like this are made, it usually means the person is required to testify in other cases against the people he "flipped" on. They just dont get a get out of jail free card (unless your last name is Clinton or a part of her inner circle).

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yes there is. Why do you say that?

link   

That's exactly what I'm talking about. You take a known liar and expect him to suddenly start telling the truth? Will Michael Flynn be hooked up to a lie detector while he's flipping, or whatever it's called?

link   

So at this point, the question becomes what he's testifying to. We all know thanks to the press that he's testifying that he was asked to talk to Russia about an upcoming UN vote, but we also know that took place after the election and involved him talking also to other world leaders, not just Russia.

So what else is he testifying about and what piece of the puzzle does that fill?

Who or what is the actual case?

It may not actually be what people think.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

What Justice was obstructed? Mueller seems to be having his way, unhindered.

attempting to obstruct justice is still a crime even if justice is eventually served.

Then, you need to prove Trump thought it would obstruct the investigation. Which will be hard, since Trump and Comey both admitted that Comey's firing would not stop the investigation.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What about obstruction of justice???

None has occurred. "I hope you can let him go" isn't obstruction of justice.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
And here i thought the week end was going to be boring, also why is trump so quiet on this?

Because it is a non issue where charges occurred for 2 incidents that occurred in 2016 before Trump was elected.

Trump tweets about everything, i find is silence odd.

Lawyers probably told him to keep his mouth shut so they can't try to make some ridiculous claim that his tweets are hindering the investigation.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So at this point, the question becomes what he's testifying to. We all know thanks to the press that he's testifying that he was asked to talk to Russia about an upcoming UN vote, but we also know that took place after the election and involved him talking also to other world leaders, not just Russia.

So what else is he testifying about and what piece of the puzzle does that fill?

Who or what is the actual case?

It may not actually be what people think.

Flynn wasn't around before the election, so it's illogical to expect he'd even know anything about any mythical collusion to get Trump elected.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you for that information. It looks like the USA has a long history of interacting with Russia.

Interaction is one thing, colluding with Russia, to influence American elections is Treason.

That's what we're looking at. Deal with it!!

We're actually not looking at that. So far there's no charges related to collusion. When this bubble bursts, please do not harm yourself. There are other means of dealing with disappointment.

link   

a reply to: Dfairlite

Poppycock. To all of that. It's a litany of conspiracy theories.

I know right? The audacity to even consider such "poppycock" on a conspiracy site such as this is shocking I say! Truly shocking!!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yes there is. Why do you say that?

Because that's an unsubstantiated claim. There's nothing in the public realm to suggest they could have charged him with that. That's sensationalist nonsense that you apparently fell for.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Right.

Flynn would actually know far more about what was happening in the Obama Admin having come out of there.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

ooo...that's a very good point that I really had not considered.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Obama fired Flynn, and advised Trump not to hire him. NBC May 18, 2017

Flynn campaigned with Trump, was on the transition team, and worked in the Trump administration for 21 months. He knows plenty about the inner shenanigans before the election.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: olaru12

Thank you for that information. It looks like the USA has a long history of interacting with Russia.

Interaction is one thing, colluding with Russia, to influence American elections is Treason.

That's what we're looking at. Deal with it!!

We're actually not looking at that. So far there's no charges related to collusion. When this bubble bursts, please do not harm yourself. There are other means of dealing with disappointment.

I'm a patient man. All the other indictments and testimony to Mueller will go on for months; who else do you think will flip? Jared is scared sh1tless... Word on the Hill is that Trump isn't dealing with the stress very well and devastated that flynn "turned on him"....

and all this but, but, Obama and but but Hillary isn't working as deflection. In fact just making Trump appear more guilty. Might want to take another course of action deflection wise....memo, Obama's gone and Hillary lost.
edit on 1-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

How can someone work in the Trump administration for 21 months when it has barely been installed for a year?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Then, you need to prove Trump thought it would obstruct the investigation. Which will be hard, since Trump and Comey both admitted that Comey's firing would not stop the investigation.

he told the russians it relieved a lot of pressure. maybe he was referring to bowel movements?

also flynn was definitely around trump's inner circle long before the election... you've got a wire or two crossed there.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I worded that poorly. Total time campaigning to resignation, 21 months.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join