It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC announces 'Today' show co-host Matt Lauer fired due to inappropriate sexual behavior at work

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This massive purge by the left is making me suspicious.

Yeah, it's nice that the Left finally got that Nazi bastard Garrison Keillor.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

This massive purge by the left is making me suspicious. They never do anything like this without a reason, and I'm not thinking they suddenly actually grew morals.

The handling of Bernie Sanders combined with the massive outpouring of spite and hatred towards Clinton, Wasserman-Schultz, and company was the beginning of the end. There's a schism in the Democratic party. We're seeing them eating their own. Lauer was "payback" from the Democrat establishment over losing their boy Weinstein.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

This massive purge by the left is making me suspicious.

Yeah, it's nice that the Left finally got that Nazi bastard Garrison Keillor.

I'm real sad to see him go, truth be told. A Prarrie Home Companion is required listening on summer Saturday mornings in rural Alaska when you're sitting outside the cabin or along the creek fishing. I'll miss the hell out the show come May.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Not even close. Ever hear of wrongful termination?

Do you know what the words 'pretty much any reason' mean? Do they mean 'every reason' or that there are exceptions?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: burdman30ott6

This massive purge by the left is making me suspicious. They never do anything like this without a reason, and I'm not thinking they suddenly actually grew morals.

The handling of Bernie Sanders combined with the massive outpouring of spite and hatred towards Clinton, Wasserman-Schultz, and company was the beginning of the end. There's a schism in the Democratic party. We're seeing them eating their own. Lauer was "payback" from the Democrat establishment over losing their boy Weinstein.

It's almost as if Donna brazile outing the DNC, Hillary and Obama, got the ball rolling.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: amazing

This is more a female/male thing. Did you see the glee on Matt's cohosts when they detailed his firing. They were looking for his spot and their share of the newly freed up 20 million of Matt's salary.

Notice no female accusers are being released!? We had female abusers where I worked, so why no females being outed!?

A good way for management to move out the $25M per year fossils...and bring in a fresh new face for a fraction of the salary.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wouldn't exactly call either of those two "fresh, new faces" though even if they can afford the work to appear somewhat ageless.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton hated Lauer, he was her whipping boy and blamed him for being "soft" on Trump.

The guy was always a liberal douche, just not douche enough for Hilldog.

Hillary Clinton admitted she was "ticked off" at Matt Lauer in her memoir

In fact, in her recent memoir, What Happened, Hillary Clinton wrote she was “ticked off” at Lauer for his line of questioning at the Commander-in-Chief Forum before the 2016 election.

Source

This is clearly a Hillary revenge hit. She is not powerful enough for bodybags anymore.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
First, there was Fox with Bill O’Reilly

Then there was MSNBC with Mark Helperin

Then CBS with Charlie Rose

Now NBC with Matt Lauer

ABC and CNN are next

CONSPIRACY

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Chaff

Sacrifical lambs

An attempt at storm abatement.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
On a serious note

This issue is a conundrum.

Since people who are charged should have a right to defend themselves.

Shouldn’t there be hearings and investigations?

On the other hand we all would like to see scum bags punished by being forced to resign or being fired.

But we don’t want innocent people ruined on a false charge either

This may be getting out of hand, so there needs to be a system set up to as fairly as possible investigate these accusations.

Am I right or should this stuff just keep going on in this haphazard way ?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This is being litigated in the court of Public Opinion. If the accused is not guilty I would bet lawyers will challenge allegations at some point. I don't see Matt challenging it. This could develop into a full blown Red Scare scenario where females are purposefully setting up people to be removed from positions. I've seen that happen. As many men abuse their positions, I've seen females wipe out whole departments over company gamesmanship.
edit on 29-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

yet koda and kathy BRAG EVERYDAY DURING THEIR SHOW ABOUT DRINKING DURING THE SHOW i am sorry but to me they should go too. i garuntee if joe camera man pulled out a flask and took a gulp of bourbon he would be out on his can for violating company policy. when your 3 year old is telling you its boozeday tuesday it goes to far.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

And them firing Lauer says they are on the side of the woman. And it's the message their audience is getting.

NBC only cares about NBC, lets not kid ourselves.

Several women told Variety they complained to executives at the network about Lauer’s behavior, which fell on deaf ears given the lucrative advertising surrounding “Today.” NBC declined to comment. For most of Lauer’s tenure at “Today,” the morning news show was No. 1 in the ratings, and executives were eager to keep him happy.

Lauer’s conduct was not a secret among other employees at “Today,” numerous sources say. At least one of the anchors would gossip about stories she had heard, spreading them among the staff. “Management sucks there,” says a former reporter, who asked not to be identified, speaking about executives who previously worked at the show. “They protected the s— out of Matt Lauer.”

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Well I hope they say to them before they get kicked out, “Well Charlie (or whoever) if these charges turn out to be false then we'll let you come back”

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Yeah I've seen female Hollywood producers do crap that would get a man fired.
Had one come out of her office one day and scream in my ear "Where are those F&@^ing shots!"
Another one kept a pet python in her office and made the new interns feed mice to it.
She also wanted me to rub her shoulders late one night.
I knew she was sleeping with the head producer so I found some where else I needed to be real quick.
Pretty much every male producer I met was rotten to the core also.
If they really cleaned house Hollywood would shut down.

What worries me though is some one can claim a past sexual harassment and get some one fired instantly.
What happens when that becomes a political weapon?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
See you later Matt. You will NOT be missed.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Saiker

Is that was this is? Comeuppance? Karma?

Perhaps don't make this about politics and make it about right and wrong.

It is all about Hillary's hit list.

What do OReilly and Lauer have in common?
They both were high up on Hillary's blame game.

The Pervs that supported her fully are safe.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Now NBC with Matt Lauer

ABC and CNN are next

CONSPIRACY

Grapevine says CHRIS CUOMO @ CNN. (Fingers crossed!)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Willtell

Now NBC with Matt Lauer

ABC and CNN are next

CONSPIRACY

Grapevine says CHRIS CUOMO @ CNN. (Fingers crossed!)

Really, some links you got or just wishful thinking

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join