It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC announces 'Today' show co-host Matt Lauer fired due to inappropriate sexual behavior at work

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks to weaponized autism on the far right and weaponized victimhood on the far left, we are rapidly headed towards a world not unlike the Handmaids Tale, where the only time a man feels safe being alone with a woman is when she is being held down by three other women.

/vomit

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Sillyolme

Nope, it's Matt Lauer, and I guarantee it's not the first time. I remember I read the story when the whole Ann Curry thing went down. Matt was married, but would not leave a young blonde lady in the office alone. It was at the point where he was obsessed with her like a stalker. She fended off his many advances, but in the end she finally gave in, but broke it off quick. We are talking maybe 10 - 15 years ago.

NBC was careful with their language. They said it was the first formal complaint. They knew there were problems with him, but as long as there was nothing on paper they didn't care.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

Moore? We have nine women who say the same thing. He preys on little girls. Hes a sick mother #er. And He should be locked up to protect other little girls.
Anyone who defends him is just as filthy.

Roy Moore is ahead in the latest poll.

Source: dailycaller.com...

Apparently voters feel that a 32 year-old man being attracted to a 14 year-old girl, in Alabama, in 1979, is NOT who Roy Moore is TODAY...or in recent years, for that matter.

The accuser has also been pretty thoroughly discredited. She/her lawyer won't release the yearbook for analysis, which means it's probably fake. Her stepson and her boyfriend from back then have called her a liar. Waitresses at the restaurant where she supposedly worked say she didn't work there, and Judge Moore never went there. And she had social media posts supporting Moore's opponent, which she quickly deleted after people found them. In short, there's good reason to dismiss the accusation as just a political smear.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yet more evidence all the anti-Trump crapola from the left wing media is fake, hypocritical outrage.

I bet Lauer went and pinched colleague's asses literally mins after segments of Trump bashing.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
...and the hypocrites, they are falling like dominoes.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The only reason NBC is in that predicament is because:

1.) The current climate we're in where everyone rushes to share everyone else's dirty laundry despite more than likely having their own.

2.) NBC has likely covered for Lauer much like PBS, Bloomberg, et. al., more than likely covered for Rose, and then they deserve to get slapped by the scandal, not get out ahead of it and virtue signal as if they're the good guys.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The rats are are being called out. Finally.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

originally posted by: toysforadults

a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Cat calling is seldom welcome by the woman.
Hint to the guys who yell out their car windows at cute girls. It's really not.
I can't walk down my street without getting beeped at or called out to. (I live in a city on a main street. ) most of the time I just give them the finger but I was stalked by a man in a car when I was a teen and it was very very frightening.

I've been cat called by gay men and women for over a decade. Guess what people do it we are humans if cat calling is offending you get some thicker skin.

Well then I guess that makes it ok because it didn't bother you. Some people can kill a innocent person and it doesn't bother them. Some slaves were ok with being slaves. You get it yet?

Men are the chasers women are the choosers.

Dont worry come sexbots that will reverse and she will be the one on the other end of the line throwing compliments at each man she comes across.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I love how some idiots are making this a left vs right thing. LOL

It's a creepy guy thing period. No religious or political debate matters. If you act like a creep or worse a criminal you got to pay the price and too bad not sad. That's all there is to it.

Those that make this a political fight really show how stupid they are. It's like some people can't see what's right in front of them and just can't process information without making it into a political fight. That's also how you know people are brainwashed. Turn off the TV, it's made you stupid. LOL Wow!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: texasgirl
What happened to innocent before proof of guilt?

That's the legal system. Private employers can terminate you for pretty much any reason they want.

Not even close. Ever hear of wrongful termination?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: texasgirl
What happened to innocent before proof of guilt?

That's the legal system. Private employers can terminate you for pretty much any reason they want.

Not even close. Ever hear of wrongful termination?

Yep, there is that, but as a guy who called into the local talk station yesterday pointed out: he was wrongfully accused and went through the process of legal discovery. In the end, he kept his job legally but still ended up having to leave because his reputation was already destroyed just by the allegations and mere process even after over a decade of good service.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Harmless!?? Garrison Keeler was just canned for the same thing!! What did he do bore her with his tales and when she fell asleep, assaulted her!!

STATEMENT FROM MINNESOTA PUBLIC RADIO REGARDING GARRISON KEILLOR AND A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

This is more a female/male thing. Did you see the glee on Matt's cohosts when they detailed his firing. They were looking for his spot and their share of the newly freed up 20 million of Matt's salary.

Notice no female accusers are being released!? We had female abusers where I worked, so why no females being outed!?

edit on 29-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I love how some idiots are making this a left vs right thing. LOL

You're right. It's a news cycle thing. People will eventually get tired of it and the news will go on to find some other lurid thing to report on and get those sweet, tasty clicks they need to survive.

But I'm betting it won't involve the deplorable conditions we subject our elderly to in order to get them out of our sight while they deteriorate and die. That's dog bites man.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Matt Lauer gave a female colleague on The Today Show a dildo for her birthday?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

a reply to: JAGStorm

They said this is the first time anyone has ever made any accusations in his twenty years on the staff.
Perhaps you're thinking of someone else?

This is Katie Couric from 2012.

"Katie, what is Matts most annoying habit? answer..That he pinches my ass a lot."

This has all been known for years.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Known about for years, but only now NBC takers action? Or only now someone complains?

Either way, NBC deserves to get caught in the scandal too. They've been aiding and abetting in this if that is true.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Karma is a bitch and seems to be assaulting the purveyors of schadenfreude mainstream journalists have become with a high degree of prejudice.

From the latest reports, Lauer deserved to be canned. He's looking like the network news version of Harvey Weinstein.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
"Katie, what is Matts most annoying habit? answer..That he pinches my ass a lot."

He destroyed a monitor when Couric had her live on-air colonoscopy.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This massive purge by the left is making me suspicious. They never do anything like this without a reason, and I'm not thinking they suddenly actually grew morals.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join