It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC announces 'Today' show co-host Matt Lauer fired due to inappropriate sexual behavior at work

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Holy crap! Matt Lauer just got fired from NBC!

"This is a sad morning here at 'Today' and at NBC News," Guthrie said before reading a note from NBC News chairman Andy Lack.

source

The statement said this is the first complaint regarding Lauer's behavior the company has received "in the over twenty years he's been at NBC News.

"We were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident," the statement said.

And the folks there are saying they are sad...WTF?

To be fired just like that, it must be a really bad accusation. No talk about it or anything....just fired....
edit on 11/29/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Ha good catch.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Ha good catch.

He has been around FOREVER. This is pretty big. For them to fire him with no attempt to let him say his side tells me the accusation is pretty damning.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Ha good catch.

He has been around FOREVER. This is pretty big. For them to fire him with no attempt to let him say his side tells me the accusation is pretty damning.

Yea he is a media icon. I am surprised at this one. Even though a lib, he at least seemed harmless.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
For them to fire him with no attempt to let him say his side tells me the accusation is pretty damning.

And/or they have corroborating evidence.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

They're being very proactive I think.
I don't think they are bothering with degrees of offense.
I believe they are setting an example that no amount of unwanted sexual attention in any form is acceptable. Good for them. Work should not be someone's dating service or sexual playground.
And men and women in power need to be very careful and respectful.
Hopefully this whole thing is a watershed moment and we will see some real changes in attitudes.

But I don't real!y hold out much hope.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Isn't Matt Lauer the one who took a lot of flack last year during the debates because he didn't stick to the scripted questions and was accused of asking Clinton tougher questions than Trump?

I will await until more details come in, something just seems fishy about this situation. I have always liked Matt Lauer believing he is fair and balanced in his profession. I can admit that creates a bias for me, so naturally, I will wait on prejudging him.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

It tells us they don't mess around. It doesn't say anything about what he's been accused of. I'm sure we will learn that in the coming days.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If they have proof, good on the network for not messing around and getting rid of him.

What he does next will let us know if they have proof or not, if he sues he does not think they do it they do not have proof, if he meekly walks away then yea some dirty stuff went down.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

He was arguably the most powerful person on their team. Certainly amongst their talent team.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Or they're trying to maintain the credibility of the organization by making a clean decisive cut. They don't want to start losing advertisers. The atmosphere is ripe right now.
There probably isn't room for ambiguity in that type of organization that depends on advertisers.
If there's nothing to it they can rehire him but for now this is a wise move on their part.
It says they believe the woman. That's where we need to start.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Isn't Matt Lauer the one who took a lot of flack last year during the debates because he didn't stick to the scripted questions and was accused of asking Clinton tougher questions than Trump

What does this have to do with the story?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Wow...I would think they'd suspend him while they investigate the complaint. It's the first complaint in the twenty years he's been there.

What happened to innocence before guilt?
edit on 29-11-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
What happened to innocent before proof of guilt?

That's the legal system. Private employers can terminate you for pretty much any reason they want.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If they just have an accusation this is a smart move. They can work on validity but the first move should be exactly what they did.
They need to fire Franklyn and Conyers too.
Time to clean the predators out of the work place. Make this type of behavior unacceptable in every degree.
Maybe men should be taught to treat women the same way they treat men. Respectfully business only and use their big head not their little one. And the same with predatory women. No excuses.
I had an entire orientation procedure at my store that included an accepted course on workplace sensitivity and how to handle sexual harrassment in the workplace. I had one incident in the time I owned the business but I was as decisive and that salesperson was fired. When he was gone another woman came to me with an identical complaint and I made sure the details of the first one were kept quiet and not discussed by the other sales people.

The thing about this type of behavior is that it's serial. There is seldom just one incident.
edit on 11292017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
They need to fire Franklyn...

Do you mean Franken? If so, I agree, he should resign.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: texasgirl
What happened to innocent before proof of guilt?

That's the legal system. Private employers can terminate you for pretty much any reason they want.

Yes, that's true. He's a big name, though. They must have something damning on him.

It's too bad. He's not my favorite person but I respected him.
edit on 29-11-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

It's not a court of law.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Do the creep wiggle!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join