It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I sincerely hope none of these flat-earthers have responsible jobs. I shudder at the thought of being operated on, or my son educated by, or my community legislated by such utter morons.

They claim they will not believe something unless they see it, despite almost all of them being religious and believing in a mythological divinity.

I mean, seriously, when was he last over at yours for a cup of tea and slice of cake?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It seems like this is a experiment that could be done easily today. A stick a shadow and some math.

edit on 26-2-2018 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Why can't you actually prove your claim, for once?

what claim?

you have quoted me asking questions not making any claims.

If you think there's 'magic' in the video I posted, why didn't you simply point it out from the "cool video" I posted?

I don't watch idiotic videos.

I use my brain to think not a video to guide my thinking.

Or show me ANY example of it, in ANY video clip? You claim the sun/moon are "perceived to get bigger", like it's already a proven fact, or something!! Why can't you actually prove your claim, for once?

I made no claims, I pointed out an observation anyone can make if they have eyes and an ability to go outside and watch the sky.

It doesn't need proof, its an established fact by anyone with eyes that has seen the moon or the sun.

I made made no claims, I asked questions based on things one see's with their own eyes and can do so just about everyday of the year if the sun or moon are not obscured by cloud cover.

Do you understand that asking questions is not making claims.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

I made no claims, I pointed out an observation anyone can make if they have eyes and an ability to go outside and watch the sky.

It doesn't need proof, its an established fact by anyone with eyes that has seen the moon or the sun.

I made made no claims, I asked questions based on things one see's with their own eyes and can do so just about everyday of the year if the sun or moon are not obscured by cloud cover.

In the same argument, one can see with their own eyes that the Earth is flat, everywhere they look. Not curved.

No proof required, just one's own eyes, is all that is needed.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Instruments are proof

Theodolites are instruments.

Thank you for finally admitting that the theodolite is proof of a curve.

Every plane's instruments MEASURE it is flat, not curved. That's real proof.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Measuring the horizon, without any point of reference, or distances, does NOT prove anything.

Understand the difference?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

LOL... no... no they don't

In the same argument, one can see with their own eyes that the Earth is flat, everywhere they look. Not curved.

Just like the moon clearly evolves its shape over time... like now its only half a moon...

And of course on a hot day, the city of Toronto actually floats above the horizon... obviously, you can see it with your own eyes...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

Instruments are proof

No, it doesn’t. You’re inability to understand physics says it’s flat.

Just go buy or make a theodolite. It proves a curve.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Notice that your post is being ignored?

Because...math.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It's funny how every TV weather report begins by showing Earth with a little 'skull cap', because it's so important to show how 'round' Earth is!!

Who needs to make up a goofy 'Earth skull cap', if already considered 'proven' to be round, beyond any doubt?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Talk about grasping at straws.

Here’s an idea. Show some evidence the Earth is flat.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Talk about grasping at straws.

Here’s an idea. Show some evidence the Earth is flat.

Because you have no evidence of Earth being round, you demand proof of the opposite claim??

There is proof of the flat Earth - every plane has proven it, and every plane yet to fly will also prove it, too.

Can anyone try to make a case for it NOT being proof.... at very least?

Everyone will have to believe in magical forces spinning a planet 1000 mph, non-stop, in space, all in perfect speed, of course, pinning all objects to it's surface, and the whole atmosphere around the surface spins along, precisely the same speed of Earth, because there's nothing gravity can't do, latching atmospheres to planets is no big deal!

All things hold to Earth's spherical shape because of gravity. Oceans curve around planets, pinned in place, to Earth.

Who knew???

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

LMAO!!

Im sorry... this guy needs an award for most amusing poster...

and perhaps a straight jacket...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Just as I thought, no evidence from you.

Come to think of it. Why would anyone believe YOU about earth being flat? You can’t even tell the difference between a glove and a hand LOL.

Evidence the world is a spheroid?
-Theodolites
-North Star
-Southern Cross
-Other stars you can’t see in one hemisphere, but can in the other
-Eclipse
-Sunsets and Sunrises
-The shadow experiment
-Every other planet is a spheroid

Evidence the world is flat?
-Ignorance
edit on 232018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Instruments are proof

Your silly plane instrument argument has been explained to you, why do you keep bringing it up?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

So no proof.

Not that anyone expected you to provide any. Because, well, you can't.

It was proven that the Earth is very round, if not quite perfectly round, by the use of simple math many centuries ago.

It was proven round by the sailors who have, over the years, sailed east to west, or west to east, and come back to their starting point. They're, all those thousands upon thousands, lying.

Of course, they are. /sarc

It's proven by constellations visible in the northern polar latitudes, but not in the Southern, likewise by Southern polar constellations visible in the Southern polar regions but not in the northern.

Though, I suppose anyone who professes to believe that there were no manned moon landings would profess to believe the Earth is flat, contrary to all the confirmed evidence to the contrary.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It looks flat, so to suggest it is NOT at all flat, after everyone sees it with their own eyes as flat, while nobody has ever seen it as 'curving' slightly, when viewed at long distances....

But the people were ignorant at the time, nobody saw it curve, mostly. Then we saw how ships vanished away, from the curvature of Earth...

Until we saw the ships, again, nobody ever questioned them about the Earth being round.

Anyone was stupid to doubt the scientists, who know almost everything, everyone else is stupid, uneducated, not experts in the field. If any are 'qualified' to speak about it, they share one exact view. This universal agreement is on manned moon landings, a round Earth, life formed when a pile of s#% stewed for millions of years.

Gravity - a theater of great absurdities, as if reality, fact, as a science....

These scientists have spoken about gravity as if it's established fact...while they're all aware it's absolute garbage!

Science was meant to pursue truth, knowledge, no matter what it is, whatever beliefs are ripped to shreds, whether all of them believed the same thing, or not...

More and more we find that science is used to HIDE the truth.

A theory like gravity is not about finding the truth, or facts, or knowledge, or proof.

Sad.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: SolAquarius

Notice that your post is being ignored?

Because...math.

You know I recall seeing a variation on it that does not even require one to be in Egypt. You and a friend who lives in another city either north or south agree to measure the shadow cast by a stick of equal length at the same time. The northern shadow should be longer then the southern one.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Gravity - a theater of great absurdities, as if reality, fact, as a science....

These scientists have spoken about gravity as if it's established fact...while they're all aware it's absolute garbage!

More and more we find that science is used to HIDE the truth.

A theory like gravity is not about finding the truth, or facts, or knowledge, or proof.

Sad.

So in the flat earth model what is the force that keeps people from floating off the surface and banging their head into the dome?

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join