It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have always thought that a high percentage of FE's do not actually believe in it, they just like a good argument. Then there are those that actually do believe in it which are the ones I worry about. How can they get through life being so gullible, ignorant and stupid?

I have watched a few FE PROOF vids on YouTube and my goodness, some of the comments by FE believers are just way beyond stupid. They do make me laugh but then I feel a bit sad too.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
Water curves , does it ?

When it lies on the curved surface of a massive body, who's mass is such that it distorts the space within it, creating what we call 'gravity' at its centre, expanding outwards and affecting all mass within a certain distance. That effect of gravity 'pulls' or draws on the water which covers the planet's surface, which is round-ish, therefore creating the appearance of water 'curving'.

But then... how did Jesus walk on it if it was curved... o_O

#FlatEarthFTW

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why would someone who thinks the earth is flat even post in this thread, the replies so far are a bit of a put off. But they got me interested.
Many YouTube vids with Go pro and balloons. You can clearly see the earth goes round and flat and even inverse as the go pro bubbles around. Interesting.

It's not interesting. That's exactly how a fisheye lens behaves if you roughly separate the object in the backgroud.

originally posted by: badw0lf

A colour blind person will tell you that blue is just a shade of grey, and nothing you can say will convince them of just how blue appears. But these people have a defect of the eye... what defect does a flat earther have, really...

No, it won't. I'm color blind and there are different types of color blindness. Please educate yourself on what it means to be color blind: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-11-2017 by JameSimon because: Added info

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JameSimon

Exactly and that is why it does not proof its round. ( or flat)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Exactly and that is why it does not proof its round. ( or flat)

I didn't say it did. To use a camera to prove the earth is round (via balloon / plane, whatever) you need a camera that either minimizes lens distortion or you need to setup a control to know what is the % of lens distortion at the edges. If you know that then you can post correct it.

Btw, the earth is round.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

A disc is round ! : )

But my avatar still is a sphere.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

A disc is round ! : )

But my avatar still is a sphere.

Thanks for the grammar nazism.

A sphere (from Greek σφαῖρα — sphaira) is a perfectly round geometrical object in three-dimensional space

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I believe "Flat-Earthers" are the greatest trolls of the century so far.

Number of people who believe in flat earth: 50?
Number of people discussing flat earth: millions

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Strange but True: Earth Is Not Round

It may seem round when viewed from space, but our planet is actually a bumpy spheroid

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

I know... But that gives other problems...

On the NASA pictures it is a perfect sphere... or should i say compositions..
There we go.. another rabbit hole...

Hole? Wait a minute..

edit on 28-11-2017 by EartOccupant because: Got corrected by Agarta upper command.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

''The rabbit holes never end''.

: )

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I used to think they were just trolling, I still kinda think that, only now many people bought in who weren't in on it.
I bit like the 'Holograms did 9/11' crowd, though imo that was more a disinfo campaign than trolling, still stragglers
jumped on it.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

In this topic though the Earth is not flat and the mountain of evidence for that fact is overwhelming.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah.. I have a personal confession to make:

I've long been tempted, even now, to take up the flat earth banner.

Certainly not because I believe it, but solely because of the hardcore visceral reactions to it. It.. entertains me greatly.

I still can't actually bring myself to do it on this topic, but its definitely a constant temptation.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Because you have not decided yet, i dare to ask, if someone jumps on the wagon for that reason:

Does that make that person a hobby troll or an attention whore?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Probably depends on the individual person's intentions and motivations.

Personally, I couldn't care less about how many actually pay attention, but I'd get a major kick out of people debunking it like their life depended on it.

So, the metric would probably be defined by whether the goal was to pull in as many as possible, or simply be entertained by any level of serious response. There's probably a spectrum involved like so many things.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Fair enough! Good answer

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: 23432
Water curves , does it ?

When it lies on the curved surface of a massive body, who's mass is such that it distorts the space within it, creating what we call 'gravity' at its centre, expanding outwards and affecting all mass within a certain distance. That effect of gravity 'pulls' or draws on the water which covers the planet's surface, which is round-ish, therefore creating the appearance of water 'curving'.

But then... how did Jesus walk on it if it was curved... o_O

#FlatEarthFTW

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: Xcathdra

Nothing to discuss really. Flat Earth is horsesh!t. There hasn't been many flat earth supporters on this site in recent years.

Though it would make for entertaining convo..

The movment is growing outside of this site which is pretty alarming for the age of information.

Or maybe we are now living in the age of disinformation.

It's almost as if someone flipped the loony switch on the world.

Seemingly out of the blue, kids are embracing communism en masse, everyone is a subgendernongendergenderlessundefinedspecies person, boys wear dresses, girls pee with men, history is being erased, the future is fractured... and it's not just in the corners of society, it's screaming from the roof tops.

if someone going through an existential crisis were watching, I'd go completely insane.

Yes, it seems like humanity is on a steady track towards total retardation. The era of IDIOCRACY is upon us!
While people are being dumbed down, machines are being smartened up.
It is all orchestrated by the globalist TPTB in order to make us the perfect slaves for the coming NWO, governed and policed by artificial super intelligence (ASI).

However, this whole insane Orwellian project incorporates the risk that at some point in the future, TPTB might lose control over the AI/ASI system they have created for us and become its victims themselves.
www.zerohedge.com...

Ko3
edit on 28-11-2017 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Incidentally, how many know what causes the phases of the moon?

Seems like they found a lot of 'common sense' folks who didn't think too far about what they thought was the case...

We think of shadows and so a number of people believe the shadow cast by the Earth obscures the light reflecting from the Moon, yet forget about how the Moon is visible at times during the day - and the Earth's shadow obviously wouldn't cause shadows on the Moon during the day.

People fall into simple explanations frequently... and worse, there's a tendency for people to believe the first thing they hear. There's also a tendency to resist correction of wrong ideas, which can cause that idea to instead be further entrenched.
edit on 21Tue, 28 Nov 2017 21:13:54 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join