It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Is it that hard to understand that from that altitude it needs only to be showed once without a curve visible and that's it, no other video showing the curve will count. There will always be a distorting medium.

Now that the Earth is flat from that altitude was shown not once, many times.

Don't take it as if you are losing, you can only win from this because it's your home too after all. You have to ask to yourself if there is enough juice to make you question stuff without researching. No big deal.

What you may discover is that everyone who values what is being brought up about this topic will need some skills of yours, some research. Contributing believe me will make you feel much better than trying to confront what is being said.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: heineken

The video you linked is clearly using a lens that distorts its image to make the curve go away from certain angles at an altitude alleged to be 120,000 ft.

That is purposely done hoax.

I provided another that was shot from the inside the cockpit of an aircraft where said distortion was not present, from an altitude much lower than that, that shows the curve just fine.

That video you posted is literally the distorting medium, and intentionally so.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You're still side stepping a lot of questions (not surprising, Flat Earthers do it all the time). So I'll ask some of them again, plus some new ones:

Explain Gravity for Flat Earth.

Explain Plate Tectonics (how does a flat Earth do this? The plates are a given and their actions observable here on Earth as it takes convection current cells within the mantel, with a hot core).

Explain the Earth's magnetic field.

Explain the arctic and antarctic nights (where the sun never rises for whole days with in the Arctic and Antarctic circles).

Explain why all other major celestial objects in the solar system are spherical, but not the Earth?

In order for Flat Earth to work, the entire universe must revolve around the Earth: how did this happen? Why would the Earth be the only place in the universe to not be rotating?

How did the Flat Earth form? Molten and liquid forms into a sphere in zero gravity. Why did the Earth instead become flat?

Why would anyone keep this secret for centuries and centuries? No deathbed confessions?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yo!

I wish I can answer you everything but you dont motivate me enough for that..

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

polaris ?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

is it hard to understand that you must demonstrate your evidence ?

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

You're still side stepping a lot of questions (not surprising, Flat Earthers do it all the time). So I'll ask some of them again, plus some new ones:

Explain Gravity for Flat Earth.

Explain Plate Tectonics (how does a flat Earth do this? The plates are a given and their actions observable here on Earth as it takes convection current cells within the mantel, with a hot core).

Explain the Earth's magnetic field.

Explain the arctic and antarctic nights (where the sun never rises for whole days with in the Arctic and Antarctic circles).

Explain why all other major celestial objects in the solar system are spherical, but not the Earth?

In order for Flat Earth to work, the entire universe must revolve around the Earth: how did this happen? Why would the Earth be the only place in the universe to not be rotating?

How did the Flat Earth form? Molten and liquid forms into a sphere in zero gravity. Why did the Earth instead become flat?

Why would anyone keep this secret for centuries and centuries? No deathbed confessions?

Being one who is still learning about the issue, I'll try and answer a few of those questions...

Why keep it a secret? It allows billions of dollars to go to 'space programs', first of all. That alone is worth keeping it a secret. If everyone knew Earth was covered by a dome, then everyone would know it had to have been created by a higher power. Rulers of the Earth don't want people to know that. They want people to feel helpless, and scared, and only their leaders can help us out.

Money and control of the people are always reasons for such things.

As for gravity, it is only a theory, and a very flawed theory at that. If there was gravity, the Sun would have attracted all the planets of the solar system towards itself, until they were burned up. If the moon was 240,000 miles from Earth because of gravitational pull, then it would have been ever greater pulled towards Earth. How could astronauts float in space, while in Earth orbit, but never be pulled towards Earth? Supposedly, rockets propel through the gravitational pull of Earth. until they reach space, which has no gravity. That would mean the gravitational forces of Earth are within Earth's atmosphere, because there is 0 gravity past that point. It can't pull the moon towards it from 240.000 miles away.

This means something else is accounting for it.

Because the other planets are round, you think that means Earth should, and would, also be round?

Put it another way - Because the other planets are lifeless, that means Earth should, and would, also be lifeless?

Earth is unlike any other planets in the solar system.

As for how Earth could form into a flat plane? I suppose if Earth has a dome over it, that pretty well answers for how it became flat.

Anyway, there is a way to prove it either way - the flat Earth argument is that Antarctica forms the wall around Earth. So to disprove that argument, once and for all, we only need to fly airplanes over Antarctica, and that's it.

But nobody is allowed to fly due South, directly passing over Antarctica. Which suggests it cannot be done.

Flat Earth may not yet be proven true, but it's certainly quite possible.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Bravo..

This is they key..is plausible even if we are in 2017...what I cannot understand is the hate + ridicule instead of having fun researching and discussing.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

"It allows billions of dollars to go to 'space programs', first of all." ????

You realize of course that people have known that the world is spherical not for just centuries, but a few thousand years, right? Well before any space programs exists.

Keeping power? Dude, learn the history of certain religions, like the Catholic church. Anything that would have helped support intelligent design, and a Flat Earth with a dome can only be that, they would have been shouting from the roof tops in order to maintain power.

Gravity? My god your statements show just how much the educational system has failed you. Please sit down with a book or watch a instructional video on the laws of momentum to start with.

Who said all the other planets were lifeless? Not me. There's a good chance of bacterial surviving just fine at certain altitudes in the atmosphere of Venus. Mars may not have anything obvious on it's surface, but that doesn't exclude anything underground or in it's ices. Europa and Enceladus look very promising for life under their shells of ice.

You still didn't answer plenty of other questions either....because you and other FE'ers have no answer to them.

Again: Flat Earthers are why so many people look at legit CT'ers and think their morons.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Why dont you research where the flat earth stuff is coming from instead of mindlessly putting up another thread about it.

Happy Chrimbow btw.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: heineken

Bravo..

This is they key..is plausible even if we are in 2017...what I cannot understand is the hate + ridicule instead of having fun researching and discussing.

Humanity knew the Earth was round over 2300 years ago, when a brilliant man named Eratosthenes estimated its diameter (along with other cosmic distances and diameters):

Yet, for some reason, more than 2300 years later there are people who reject that or even consider it to be a possibility because of ??
edit on 12Mon, 25 Dec 2017 12:00:51 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Holy crap.

Someone gave you a 'participation' star.

That was incredibly painful to read

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken

Bravo..

Everything is flat. You're flat, you're flat, you're flat, Everyone is flat. You, you, and you !! You're all flat !! We're all flat!!!!

Balls are flat. they only appear round because our eyes are shaped round. Which doesn't apply to anything else because of made up things.

But lets discuss with concern and effort, the veracity of such things, entertained when people of education and good character thought removing the entire reproductive systems of women would help calm the little lady down from her fit of 'hysteria'... good thing they invented those 'hysterectomies' back in those days. Or, well, invent something designed to know "What's up, Doc?" and rabbit around - literally.

Good times, flat earth, vapours, demonic possession.. good times... Sadly, I think we'd moved on from trepanations by then. At least, in modern scientific circles. Ahh well, we can always have a good witch burning when the spirits are low.

Flat earth deniers are a bit like witches...

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

"It allows billions of dollars to go to 'space programs', first of all." ????

You realize of course that people have known that the world is spherical not for just centuries, but a few thousand years, right? Well before any space programs exists.

Keeping power? Dude, learn the history of certain religions, like the Catholic church. Anything that would have helped support intelligent design, and a Flat Earth with a dome can only be that, they would have been shouting from the roof tops in order to maintain power.

Gravity? My god your statements show just how much the educational system has failed you. Please sit down with a book or watch a instructional video on the laws of momentum to start with.

Who said all the other planets were lifeless? Not me. There's a good chance of bacterial surviving just fine at certain altitudes in the atmosphere of Venus. Mars may not have anything obvious on it's surface, but that doesn't exclude anything underground or in it's ices. Europa and Enceladus look very promising for life under their shells of ice.

You still didn't answer plenty of other questions either....because you and other FE'ers have no answer to them.

Again: Flat Earthers are why so many people look at legit CT'ers and think their morons.

No, you've been indoctrinated into calling people who argue it it a flat Earth "morons".

I've never even considered the flat Earth theory until a few weeks ago, when a co-worker brought it up.

The last thing I would ever do is consider, or call, someone a "moron" for what they believe.

It's odd that whenever someone disputes the 'official' account of something, they are called 'morons', who don't know anything about the subject.

To dispute that the Earth is a globe, or even consider the possibility it is not a globe? Even questioning how it's a 100% proven fact that Earth is a globe, shows what fools they are!

I remember how everyone in my school was taught about the Earth being a globe, and that humans had evolved from 'primates', by some sort of split-off from 'modern-day apes'. We humans are 'cousins' of apes!

Evolution is a whole other issue, so I'll end it there.

Anyway, the Earth was always taught in schools as being a globe. Something else they taught us, is that it was once believed that the Earth was completely flat! Why? Because Earth 'looked flat', we assumed it was flat.

It was taught to us that they never had sailed around the world at that time, which would have shown them Earth was a globe, and not flat. Sailors were scared they'd sail over the edge of the Earth if they went far enough!

Until Columbus, and others, sailed into the vast unknown, and proved to everyone that the Earth was NOT at all flat! It had no edge, that we fall over, and plummet to our death, in space.

I'm going over what everyone of us has been taught about the idea of Earth being flat, is that nothing has to be more stupid to believe is true, and it was their utter ignorance, lack of science, inadequate vessels, religious dogma, so on, which made them all believe Earth was flat.

It WAS NOT mentioned at all in our schools that we HAD sailed everywhere. Well before Columbus ever did.

It also WAS NEVER mentioned in schools that we HAD ALREADY MAPPED THE WORLD, many times - way before 'pioneer exploration' showed maps of Earth, as a globe.

As for your argument that Christian leaders would have wanted to prove Earth was flat, because it would show intelligent design, to everyone? If you knew anything about why leaders have power over people, it's from HIDING the truth!

The Bible doesn't mention God will pick out someone on Earth after Christ to lead people. Design a complex hierarchy which makes one man represent God, a group just below him, and so on. Special people who are chosen by God to lead all others, by churches, and cathedrals.

To have the grandest monuments built of gold and silver, because God likes it.

Not

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Where did you go to school? We learned that the Greeks used trigonometry to calculate the diameter of the Earth, and that the Egyptians who circumnavigated Africa were surprised when the Sun rose and set in the wrong places. Oh, and anyone who seriously thinks that the Earth might possibly be flat has either been cut off from civilization for their entire life... or is a moron.
edit on 26-12-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Where did you go to school? We learned that the Greeks used trigonometry to calculate the diameter of the Earth, and that the Egyptians who circumnavigated Africa were surprised when the Sun rose and set in the wrong places. Oh, and anyone who seriously thinks that the Earth might possibly be flat has either been cut off from civilization for their entire life... or is a moron.

It is based on measuring curvature, not childish insults.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

How do they stop sailors from discovering the edge?.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: DJW001

It is based on measuring curvature, not childish insults.

You can perform the same experiment as Eratosthenes if you require direct proof. Pick a location in Canada and a location in Central America and you will see that the Earth is so curved that it can only be a sphere.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

How do they stop sailors from discovering the edge?.

Chemtrails.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

utter bollox

latitude and longitude demonstrate that the earth is indeed a spheroid

and neither will work on a flat plane

longitude [ if applied to flat-tard " maps " ] like :

gets very silly - as the ground length of each debree of longitude SHOULD get longer the further south from the equator one travels

in reality - the measured ground length of each degree of longitude [ anywhere on the earth ] is congruent with its latitude

yeay science

and fook flat-tard delusions

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join