It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the vampires suck you dry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I thought this was a great analysis of the current state of affairs in our financial investment system. Brought to you by the Peter Joseph the founder of the Zeitgeist movement.

Basically our current system is a blind system that disregards the well-being of human culture and life on Earth as a whole. The activities in it often does not produce anything, or contribute anything to our culture; and in fact is more often detrimental to it. Any people who agree to live in a system that undermines their own well-being deserves the Darwin Award.

We can choose the system of how we live together. It is up to us. There are more of us then there are of them. If they pit you to go to war with each other, you do not have to listen.. there is no war without us.
edit on 26-11-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

It is up to us. There are more of us then there are of them. If they pit you to go to war with each other, you do not have to listen.. there is no war without us.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

That is the goal of the financial 'system', to own everything.

It began when the first person appeared and inserted themselves between the trade of goods and services. People use to just trade goods for services, right?

Say I need a horse shoed and the blacksmith needs a chicken. No problem, done deal.

Then along comes Mr' Banker man and says here, you pay for that now with this fiat currency I'm 'providing'.

So instead of receiving a chicken for shoeing a horse, you pay the horse shoer for his service and he goes and buys a chicken.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Proverbs 22:7

The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.

Then there's the one... "Neither a Borrower nor a lender be" by William Shakespeare ....
Sound advice

It's so easy to slip into the snare and be trapped.
So inviting to have your desires fulfilled immediately than to have to wait and save over time. Look at all the toys you can have now, the trains and planes and boats and cars and nice duds, then comes the dread of payment.... and all the associated worry and there you are, enslaved.
edit on 26-11-2017 by Plotus because: Looking for PEZ in all the wrong places....

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That is the goal of the financial 'system', to own everything.

It began when the first person appeared and inserted themselves between the trade of goods and services. People use to just trade goods for services, right?

Say I need a horse shoed and the blacksmith needs a chicken. No problem, done deal.

Then along comes Mr' Banker man and says here, you pay for that now with this fiat currency I'm 'providing'.

So instead of receiving a chicken for shoeing a horse, you pay the horse shoer for his service and he goes and buys a chicken.

The problem was that once you go beyond an agrarian economy, the probability that two people have items of equivalent worth that can be swapped goes down. So then you both have to wait for someone else to come along to have something that can be swapped. Another problem is that traveling long distances runs the risk of bandits. The solution is then to carry non-value items like tally sticks or fiat currency, which can be exchanged for gold coins at the destination.
Maybe you need to sell stuff now, but want to buy sometime in the future. The stuff f you want to sell will go off in weeks, so then money becomes essential.

Then that opens new industries in insurance, merchant banking, lending, speculation/futures, taxation, social services.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yes it is a "beast" of a system.

It is ruining everything. It is a shame because the digital age could have been so good.

I never use credit. I save up to buy what I need. It works very well like that. I don't do that silly gaming where people are just giving away their money for a moment of silly graphics (well weird behavior). I don't have a mortgage. I insist on paying tax because Christ advised that. I am not against authorities because we need them, but I HATE this Vampire system.

Some of your threads I have had to beg to differ on, but on this I agree with you 101%

I agree with all the comments I have read so far. Keep up the good work, people. This is what we need. You are bright people and KNOW!

edit on 26-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

It is up to us. There are more of us then there are of them. If they pit you to go to war with each other, you do not have to listen.. there is no war without us.

This one deserves a quote

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

He's smart, and explains stuff really well, but I cant imagine him talking and being able to not try and sell his Pure Communist AI cultism.

edit on 26-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Laissez faire capitalism is not without its warts. Communism is not perfect but there's something to be learned from combining the best of both systems.

In the words of Bruce Lee, "Take what is useful."

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

The problem was that once you go beyond an agrarian economy, the probability that two people have items of equivalent worth that can be swapped goes down.

You're seeing with trained eyes.

You eat the same food, need the same services as back when but are trapped in a centrally controlled civilization (cites) where independence is no longer possible.

You pay rent in a box, need your services and goods provided by mega corporations from far away.

The primitive 'agrarian society' is self contained, locally sustained/

Food is grown local, services are provided locally, there is no need for outside meddling from 'gubment' , mega corporations or banking 'institutions'.

We are so far removed from land, self sustenance, we have no reference for it anymore.

We get pissed when the grocery doesn't have want we want or the produce isn't fresh.

In the city, we have no autonomy. We are trained to the slavery the system 'provides'.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
intrptr....

"We are so far removed from land, self sustenance, we have no reference for it anymore."

We would likely have to look it up on Youtube.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I never use credit. I save up to buy what I need. It works very well like that.

What you "need"!

Dude, usually only animals are content living this life with what they just "need".

Us humans are sad miserable creatures with impossible desires and dreams. Thats why we're more than happy to just bend over and give the nod, to get that short term glimpse of happiness that''ll usually take take most of our lives on this earth to pay off.

lending money that you can't really afford to pay back, is the same mentality as being a drug addict...

"I don't care if it'll hurt me in the long run, I just need a hit to stop this suffering right now!"

Banks and herion dealers have a lot in common, when it comes to the methods they use to sell there product...
edit on 26-11-2017 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
double post....

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Great analogy- if we wanted to live in the dark ages. I like to drive a car, how many chickens does that cost?a reply to: intrptr

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
One quote (though he said it wrong) - what I think he meant to say was that 63% of Americans had less than $1000 of savings in their bank account. I was wondering if that was true and I Googled it.

I found a CNBC article that stated that last year 69% of Americans had less than $1000 savings in their bank account and that this year it has improved to 57%!

That’s pretty bad. I didn’t realize America was doing so bad.

Article

edit on 26-11-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
intrptr....

"We are so far removed from land, self sustenance, we have no reference for it anymore."

We would likely have to look it up on Youtube.

Without our benevolent benefactors of the Banking State, we are lost.

Basks in the light of that shower of stars...

edit on 26-11-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
True, the investment/banking system is chaos.

However, I've done nothing but win big with BTC. I purchased my BTC when they were ~$150.00/BTC. They're worth over $9000.00/BTC today.

Best part is, even just 1 BTC can scale up to an entire economy. Bitcoin can be split into arbitrarily small chunks, allowing extreme scalability.
edit on 11/26/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Heh, yeah. It is because other people insist on spending (read: wasting) our money.

Government, other citizens, local officials, etc.

Tax reform is step 1.
""Entitlement"" reform is step 2.
Healthcare reform is step 3.

Time to take our purchasing power back.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

A meeting of the "Solid Citizens of Anytown, USA. And the 2 weird guys that own the bank:

"What do You say We get together a make it a "Holiday"? This way ALL the businesses that do business w/Us, the bankers would have the opportunity to get rid of goods they couldn't sell during the year. We could even tell them We won't collect until February..."

"But what could we celebrate, most of the good ones are taken"

"I know" said greedy Tom "We could disguise it as "Jesus' Birthday" that way if you don't play along you get ridiculed"

"But Jesus was born closer to September.." exclaimed Murray Klein, their Jewish accountant.
"You just make sure those figures are correct, that is what we pay your for.." growled Mr. Bucksworth

"We could make $$$ for months to come..." hehehehehe (Evil laughing while rubbing their hands together...

Stay Hydrated...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join