It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am no longer walking on the path of Islam .

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Kapusta

I wasn't always a "practicing Muslim " I was actually raised a mormon then later on became what I thought was a Christian.

Religion is man made. All of them have been corrupted away from their original founders intent.

You don't need religion to be human.

I find it funny that many believe a higher state of existence requires constant worship and obedience from lesser beings descendants of beasts, on an insignificant speck of dust in a practically infinite universe.
edit on 26-11-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: Nikola014

How you can say that Islam is a religion of peace when practiced according to Quran, when there are things in there, that make women slaves and call for murder of nonbelievers?

I don't wish to debate scripture. As Somone who practiced Islam ,studied Islamic law for a long time and has left Islam.

The foundation of Islam is a religon of peace. Islam doesn't call for woman to be slaves and kuffar to be murderd . However extremism does and being an Extremist takes one outside the folds of Islam .

Try reading the old testament. It's pretty rough .. just saying.

How about the god of abraham being fiction? Genesis creation being debunked by geology, astronomy and evolution. Significant parts of the old testament being disproven by archeology. Doesn't that throw a wrench into the workings of Islam being it is an abrahamic faith?

Hudud punishments don't sound peaceful now do they?
edit on 26-11-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: intrptr

I wasn't always a "practicing Muslim " I was actually raised a mormon then later on became what I thought was a Christian.

Religion is man made. All of them have been corrupted away from their original founders intent.

You don't need religion to be human.

I find it funny that many believe a higher state of existence requires constant worship and obedience from lesser beings descendants of beasts, on an insignificant speck of dust in a practically infinite universe.

That was infinitely profound, thank you.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
We seemed to have strayed from the topic, somewhat....

Please post to the topic, and with respect for the views of others!
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

How you can say that Islam is a religion of peace when practiced according to Quran, when there are things in there, that make women slaves and call for murder of nonbelievers?

I don't wish to debate scripture. As Somone who practiced Islam ,studied Islamic law for a long time and has left Islam.

The foundation of Islam is a religon of peace. Islam doesn't call for woman to be slaves and kuffar to be murderd . However extremism does and being an Extremist takes one outside the folds of Islam .

How about the god of abraham being fiction? Genesis creation being debunked by geology, astronomy and evolution. Significant parts of the old testament being disproven by archeology. Doesn't that throw a wrench into the workings of Islam being it is an abrahamic faith?

Again I am not here to debate scripture. But it comes down to a matter of interpretation. Islam while classed as an Abrahamic religion . Is in my opnion a reformer or perversion of Judaism and Christianity . Not sure how one can disprove a god.

Islam at its core is a religion of peace . I very much believe that Muhammad wanted to create such a religion. But because religious text have been perverted over the years Islam is left with sects and barbaric punishments that are of man .

I very much understand the essence of what ever created us and that essence is love at the purest form . Anything counter to that would be separated from that . If that makes sens .

I don't care what the scriptures say. Or who may say what about a particular scripture. It again comes down to a matter of interpretation to that individual.

Example we know what green looks like . But is green really green to a color blind person?

If the "creator" ( Allah, Shiva, energy , you ) wanted a religon for all Man and woman to worship i believe that religion would be perfect .

This whole thing about being dammed by sin at birth ( birth being so beautiful and pure ) doesn't jive with my heart and soul .

Love is the law. Love under will.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Again I am not here to debate scripture. But it comes down to a matter of interpretation. Islam while classed as an Abrahamic religion . Is in my opnion a reformer or perversion of Judaism and Christianity . Not sure how one can disprove a god.

Islam claims to be a reformation of Judaism and Christianity---a reformation or return to the original Abrahamic creed.

Abraham didn't bring Judaism or Christianity, the religions didn't even exist at his time. According to Islam they added perversions to Abraham's original creed.
edit on 26-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Islam claims to be a reformation of Judaism and Christianity---a reformation or return to the original of their perversions of the original Abrahamic creed.

Ummhmmm

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Whatever religion one chooses, there is good and bad in all of them, the idea is to choose, the best in any religion and that is the aspect of them that teaches love and true seeking of knowledge.

I would disdain the dogma, and authoritarianism of many of them

I hope and pray you find fulfillment whatever you chose

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Hyperboles

but you were never a true Christian ( Born +Again ) otherwise you wouldn't be confused about the Truth

Spoken like a true Cultist
Its not a cult. The post applies to you too. I you knew the truth, which is all that matters

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Whatever religion one chooses, there is good and bad in all of them, the idea is to choose, the best in any religion and that is the aspect of them that teaches love and true seeking of knowledge.

I would disdain the dogma, and authoritarianism of many of them

I hope and pray you find fulfillment whatever you chose

The beauty of it all is I don't have to choose anything. But I do !. I choose love !

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Love is a religion I could get behind.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TJames

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
For the OP and those still searching.

Some people can identify and acknowledge the spiritual need that resides in the core of our DNA of who we are as humans, it's what makes us different than the animals.

What resides in the 'core of our DNA' is a connection to the entirety of creation.

You may call that 'god' but the 'entirety' of creation does not have a 'personality' nor an 'intent'. It has an 'organizing principle' which is to greater complexity/diversity.

No religion is required to connect with the entirety of creation.

And you can assert that based on what?
...not being a dick but you post your beliefs as if they are facts.

A fair point - subjectively they are facts - ones that I have spent a lifetime arriving at and are still changing.

That is rather the whole point - making up your own mind. Heaven - Hell - God - No God. Listen to everyone.

I could preface everything I say with "I believe" but it detracts from the message.

edit on 27-11-2017 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'm just a stickler about such clarity because as soon as I state I don't believe in any gods I get accused of asserting there are no gods, which is completely different.
Theists of all flavours speak of their gods as fact regularly, but on topic, out of all the religions and spiritual beliefs in the world, they can't all be right.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Islam at its core is a religion of peace . I very much believe that Muhammad wanted to create such a religion. But because religious text have been perverted over the years Islam is left with sects and barbaric punishments that are of man .

I very much understand the essence of what ever created us and that essence is love at the purest form . Anything counter to that would be separated from that . If that makes sens .

I don't care what the scriptures say. Or who may say what about a particular scripture. It again comes down to a matter of interpretation to that individual.

Example we know what green looks like . But is green really green to a color blind person?

If the "creator" ( Allah, Shiva, energy , you ) wanted a religon for all Man and woman to worship i believe that religion would be perfect .

This whole thing about being dammed by sin at birth ( birth being so beautiful and pure ) doesn't jive with my heart and soul .

Love is the law. Love under will.

How can you disprove a god? by showing it's solely founded on a work of fiction. I mean the manga Angel Sanctuary has a god, but since we know the foundation is fiction we dont take it seriously.

As for the creator, evolution doesn't seem to lead to a place without atrocities. You see wonders and you see horrors, there is passionate love but also rape, loving caress and hate filled torture. Doesn't look like that will change. Some say existence itself must balance to nothing, 1-1=0, it may be hypothetically speaking that for every positive act there's an equal and negative act.

The world is part of the body of truth fundamentally it is eternal in nature, but that doesn't mean that a higher state of existence doesn't exist.
edit on 27-11-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Religion has caused some of the most disastrous events in human history. Yet, as I was raised a Catholic, I still try find the good in religion and justify (to an extent) what it stands for. Much like you did with Islam. Because religion actually isn't ALL bad. But the bad does probably outweigh the good.

In regards to Islam, it's something that concerns me. I have many Muslim friends and think the absolute world of them. But from my point of view, to follow Islam (in it's truest form) is extremely backward. The biggest joke I ever heard was that Islam is a religion of peace.

Islam is the fastest (and probably only?) growing religion around today. And that's a scary thought.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

In my experience their is an energy, god , buddah, Shiva, Allah . Whatever you wish to identify it as . That energy is love at the purest form. Also in my experience their is an energy that is void of love. Satan , demons, and so forth . What ever you want to attach to that .

It's very real . And can be controlled by man .

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
Religion has caused some of the most disastrous events in human history. Yet, as I was raised a Catholic, I still try find the good in religion and justify (to an extent) what it stands for. Much like you did with Islam. Because religion actually isn't ALL bad. But the bad does probably outweigh the good.

In regards to Islam, it's something that concerns me. I have many Muslim friends and think the absolute world of them. But from my point of view, to follow Islam (in it's truest form) is extremely backward. The biggest joke I ever heard was that Islam is a religion of peace.

Islam is the fastest (and probably only?) growing religion around today. And that's a scary thought.

Islam was suited for its time. Islam is suited for people who are in states or spiritual depression . Islam is suited for thoes who want to learn or understand thw tools to grow in spirituality. Islam doesn't work well in our time.

In an age of science and technology finding and understanding spirituality is slowly fading away . It's sad really.

When I say that I don't mean spirituality as in a particular "religion" because spirituality had no such religion at its core .
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

In an age of science and technology finding and understanding spirituality is slowly fading away . It's sad really.

I disagree.
The root of all religion is 'non duality' or 'Adviata' (the old name ).

Interest in 'Non duality' is growing - go to youtube and enter 'Non duality' and see what comes up.

edit on 27-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join