It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One woman dead after two cars hit the same deer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I live in deer central now. Hit one just this early spring. Knocked my tail light out. The deer struggled a few seconds to get up but once up it bolted leaving me with a dent the side of my truck and about 200 bucks on wiring harness and tail light. It came out of nowhere.

See them just about every day. There is at least 3 dead roadkill just going to town.

It is madness... driving just after dusk you can see them staring at you because their eyeballs are reflecting your headlights so you see a few glowing eyeballs on the hillsides.

It is crazy here where I live...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The world is a weird place.

For those who live in areas with this type of wildlife -
If its clear you cant avoid a collision do NOT try to slam on the breaks / slow down. You want to maintain speed / increase in order to push the animal up and over the car. Slamming on the breaks / slowing down cause the deer to come in closer to the midpoint / windshield.

Very true. It is better to hit the deer than to lose control and hit a tree or another car also.

True, and the insurance companies agree with that as well. If you hit a deer, it is considered a no fault accident. If you veer to avoid the deer and cause ANY damage from the resulting action, YOU ARE AT FAULT NO MATTER WHAT.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Everyone who lives with deer in the area should purchase deer whistles for their vehicles if your insurance company doesn't supply them to you. My insurance agent supplies them to his customers. I've been saved many times by them.
Deer are in rut in our area now so they are chasing each other quite a bit. Dusk and sunrise seem to be the most popular times for them to be moving about so be careful out there.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
www.wzzm13.com...

CASCADE TOWNSHIP, MICH. - A 49-year-old woman died after hitting a deer on Cascade Road SE near Quiggle Ave SE. A 23-year-old driving eastbound hit a deer in the road. That deer flew into the air and was hit by a car traveling westbound. The deer crashed into the windshield of that car, causing fatal injuries to the 49-year-old driver. Police responded to the incident around 5:50 p.m. The driver of the eastbound car was not injured, and there were no passengers in either car. Alcohol and speed are not believed to be factors.

Somehwhat close to where I live. Just wanted to post because of the freak bizzareness of it all. Seems deer are an issue every year here but I have never heard of an incident like this, although I am sure this isn't the first time. Drive safe this winter!
here in Montana that has already happened twice in the past few months – but I don't think anyone was killed. In one of the accidents hey woman was injured badly.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Or they're very depressed and suicidal.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

It seems freaky but probably isn't.
I had a mate killed years back after he got a pheasant in the face while riding a bike.
I've ducked the stupid birds a few times and also narrowly missed deer or nearly lost control while skidding over rabbits and similar small mammals.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I have a question: Lets say a wild deer jumps in front of the car. What to do to NOT hit the deer. Its ok if my car breaks or i almost die. Any sollutions?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone....hey lean over sideways below the dash....

old hand here...in Colorado the elk...........imagine....

they take the top off everything above the dash........see what I mean about lean over sideways......

edit on 21-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I finally joined ATS once I discovered others in my neighborhood. That was a bad accident right near a pond and field area. I saw one similar on 48th by the M6 overpass...a jeep was the recipient of the deer, bouncing off the hood and the windshield. I see deer every day on my commute to Grand Rapids. Had a nice buck back off Whitneyville road just yesterday. Nice to see members nearby. a reply to: iTruthSeeker

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join