It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One woman dead after two cars hit the same deer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
www.wzzm13.com...

CASCADE TOWNSHIP, MICH. - A 49-year-old woman died after hitting a deer on Cascade Road SE near Quiggle Ave SE. A 23-year-old driving eastbound hit a deer in the road. That deer flew into the air and was hit by a car traveling westbound. The deer crashed into the windshield of that car, causing fatal injuries to the 49-year-old driver. Police responded to the incident around 5:50 p.m. The driver of the eastbound car was not injured, and there were no passengers in either car. Alcohol and speed are not believed to be factors.

Somehwhat close to where I live. Just wanted to post because of the freak bizzareness of it all. Seems deer are an issue every year here but I have never heard of an incident like this, although I am sure this isn't the first time. Drive safe this winter!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Just goes to show that no matter how careful we are, deer are just murderous bastards who are out to kill us.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Good lord you would only expect to hear or see something like that in a movie..

Wow that is just nuts.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Just goes to show that no matter how careful we are, deer are just murderous bastards who are out to kill us.

Roadkill revenge maybe?

We had 2 off the side of the road that had been hit last year.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The world is a weird place.

For those who live in areas with this type of wildlife -
If its clear you cant avoid a collision do NOT try to slam on the breaks / slow down. You want to maintain speed / increase in order to push the animal up and over the car. Slamming on the breaks / slowing down cause the deer to come in closer to the midpoint / windshield.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

no no....don't speed up/////

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The world is a weird place.

For those who live in areas with this type of wildlife -
If its clear you cant avoid a collision do NOT try to slam on the breaks / slow down. You want to maintain speed / increase in order to push the animal up and over the car. Slamming on the breaks / slowing down cause the deer to come in closer to the midpoint / windshield.

Very true. It is better to hit the deer than to lose control and hit a tree or another car also.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I pretty much hate deer. They are not cute, they are not good to eat, they are problems nearly everywhere they come into contact with man. Knowing that, I keep in mind certain places where they frequent and drive accordingly. If I hit one, which I have, next time I will back up and do a burn-out on it... rat bastage big rodents.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I see deer every morning driving to work here in Indiana. I'm more worried of another car hitting a deer into my car than I am of hitting a deer myself. So sad.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I pretty much hate deer. They are not cute, they are not good to eat, they are problems nearly everywhere they come into contact with man. Knowing that, I keep in mind certain places where they frequent and drive accordingly. If I hit one, which I have, next time I will back up and do a burn-out on it... rat bastage big rodents.

You must have different deer to the ones we have in the UK?

They are great eating and in my opinion better than beef.

Not better than lamb though, nothing is better than lamb.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Not funny...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Venison is good stuff you will eat only half of what you normally would and feel full all day.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
They need to make a law against this and have signs for the deers to cross safely. This was their land before any humans.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Did they test the deer for drugs?
They ruled out alchohol but how do they know how fast the deer was going?
I bet he was exceeding the speed limit, they do it all the time.

Lame attempt at humor, I am sorry for the person killed.
Not that this is a unique event by any means.
edit on 21-11-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Maybe we should ask the animals

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have heard it said that all a hunter needs to do to bag his limit every year is slow the bullet down to 55 mph and put headlights on it. The deer will jump into the bullet.

We have them cross the road all the time here. If you drive defensively, chances are you won't be forced to hit one... but that is still far from a guarantee. I've made contact with one, a young one, who didn't get out of the way until my bumper hit his butt. We need to decrease the population, and I'm helping as much as I can. But I'm only one man and I can only eat so much!

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Meanwhile I've been out at least ten hours this year, sitting quietly in the bushes, waiting for my free meat...
only deer I've seen this season were dead on the side of the road.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

That's why I tend to kill about 9 a year.

I keep 4 or 5 and donate the rest to local churches who feed the homeless.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
www.wzzm13.com...

CASCADE TOWNSHIP, MICH. - A 49-year-old woman died after hitting a deer on Cascade Road SE near Quiggle Ave SE. A 23-year-old driving eastbound hit a deer in the road. That deer flew into the air and was hit by a car traveling westbound. The deer crashed into the windshield of that car, causing fatal injuries to the 49-year-old driver. Police responded to the incident around 5:50 p.m. The driver of the eastbound car was not injured, and there were no passengers in either car. Alcohol and speed are not believed to be factors.

Somehwhat close to where I live. Just wanted to post because of the freak bizzareness of it all. Seems deer are an issue every year here but I have never heard of an incident like this, although I am sure this isn't the first time. Drive safe this winter!

Close to where I am, too. Wasn't there another person killed hitting a deer a couple of days ago in Caledonia/near Caledonia, too?

My husband's had a couple of close calls with deer himself coming home from work in the mornings. Damn deer around here are either suicidal or have it out for humans.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I used to live in deer central, and I used to have a BMW that I tended to drive like a maniac. One time I was driving at night, I came over this hill and right on the other side there was a dead deer laying in the road. I figured the safest thing to do was to just hit it instead of swerving around it and losing control and ending up going into a tree or something. I ended up running over it... in a BMW. I have no idea how that works, but I'd call that a freak almost-accident.
I'm no physics expert, but I think it may have been simply because I was going so fast, combined with the weight shift from having just gone over a hill. Like I said, I used to drive that car like a maniac.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join