It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine's charges set 'terrible precedent'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think this not the same Marine from the other incident but a new one.

I guess I got confused, now I see is a new case, yes he will be charge anyway, now I don't believe that the death penalty should be use in his sentence.

Tragic but that how our military uses his own sometimes as examples of conduct.

And like Grady said it most be some witness or enough evidence to bring charges.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well Ed,
you sure know how to endear yourself amongst the libs
*Gone but not forgotten*

Well you know how it is, been busy lately and havent had time to keep y'all honest....

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Off topic but HEY ED we missed you. Hope to interduce you and a few new ones around here

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well when it is the RIGHT thing, YES.

Let me exsplain something to you , the diffrence between right and wrong is a thing line and that line is based on everyones opinion and experience.

The American VOTER! They elected a person with GONADS. Not afarid to take a chance and pursue the right.

Wrong!
The american voter elected him to defend america, not to go waltzing into any country he pleases.
Now let me ask you , what in your opinion is the right thing to do?

Well you said it, not me....

Yes, i stand by morals and by the people who have the same feelings about life as me.
Do you?

It made me recognize that there are those among us that cant grasp reality. I also agreed to defend the constitution against all enemies both Foreign and domestic.....I call an enemy and enemy and could care less if it hurts feelings and is not politically correct.

Your realitly, not thiers.
Tell me why your realitly should be mine?
You call a country with no threat to us an enemy?
No I call that being a bully and being sadistic.

Someone has to make sure the truth is told and the leftists horsepucky gets called.....

What truth ed?
The truth that no one was in danger?
The truth that american and british intelegence agencies lied thats right outright lied to the public so they could go and do what they where paid to do, create a threat.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well i have to admit its been a little dull lately, always count on ed to liven things up a bit. I have one question, what on Gods Earth is "Pooning" ed?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Your attack on ed is wholly uncalled for and the only reason you wish he were not around is because you can't deal with someone who sees the world differently than you.

Excuse me?
I was the one attacked, go back and read.
I am glad that he has a diffrent opinion, look back and read what i said as well , i also fought for the very thing you are trying to accuse me of denying!

You should give ed a heart felt apology.

Me ?
For what crime?
I have no insulted him in any way except say that I was happy he was not here overhypeing stories.

Originally posted by Janus
Grady has a point DevilWasp, i saw no personal attack on you mate.

He made an attack on the left saying that we do not care for troops in iraq wich is an outright attack on me and everyone who believes in the left so therefore an attack , which i take as personal.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yes I will admit that devilwasp has some reason here, ed did started the link with an insult of the liberals.

And we all care for our troops regardless of our feeling of the war.

Yes is some extremist around but they are quickly taken care off.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If you choose to see it as an attack upon your self that's your right. I was just pointing out that i saw no attack on you personally.
I respect your point of view, i wish more people your age were as aware politicly, but sometimes when some one has an opposing view does not mean that they are having a go at you personally.
Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hell, i like what I hear from Ed. I wish he was my brother. I could use someone with his gifts

I would not mind sharing a fox hole with someone so patroitic either

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Reaganwasourgreatest]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I respect your point of view, i wish more people your age were as aware politicly, but sometimes when some one has an opposing view does not mean that they are having a go at you personally.
Just my opinion.

Well Janus well said that was very nice I think devilwasp understand.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I do, i understand.
I see life more like the values of NATO; "Play nice, I play nice. Play bad, I plaay bad."

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Off topic but HEY ED we missed you. Hope to interduce you and a few new ones around here

Glad to be back....

Originally posted by devilwasp

Well when it is the RIGHT thing, YES.

Let me exsplain something to you , the diffrence between right and wrong is a thing line and that line is based on everyones opinion and experience..

Well that could be true but I did not see nor hear you liberals crying for the Bosnian Muslims, the Sudanese Christians, or the Iraqi people under Saddam. You liberals would never see a reason for war, even after 911 you said the Afghanistani's did nothing to us, just OSama......it is a gut check and Liberalism fails EVERY TIME.

The American VOTER! They elected a person with GONADS. Not afarid to take a chance and pursue the right.

Wrong!
The american voter elected him to defend america, not to go waltzing into any country he pleases.Now let me ask you , what in your opinion is the right thing to do?

Well they REELECTED him thank GOD instead of that POS traitor Kerry who STILL refuses to sign the 180 form...you of course understand why he wouldn't sign it now for sure right? Look at tit this way, in this last election you canceled my vote out...

Well you said it, not me....

Yes, i stand by morals and by the people who have the same feelings about life as me.Do you?

Oh do I? And just think the reason that you can speak your mind and hold your opinions is because of people who were not afraid to go to war to do the right thing......capitulation gets you nowhere.

Teddy Roosevelt said it best "Carry a BIG DAMN STICK"

It made me recognize that there are those among us that cant grasp reality. I also agreed to defend the constitution against all enemies both Foreign and domestic.....I call an enemy and enemy and could care less if it hurts feelings and is not politically correct.

Your realitly, not thiers.Tell me why your realitly should be mine?
You call a country with no threat to us an enemy?
No I call that being a bully and being sadistic.

No it is called a nasty world that we live in and in the case of the United States, no one is going to defend us, so we have to defend ourselves and if we see a threat we have the right to act.

Just like most of you think Saddam still had no WMD, you still believe that crap don't you? Look at what is going on with the Syrians. BTW that is where some of them went....

Someone has to make sure the truth is told and the leftists horsepucky gets called.....

What truth ed? The truth that no one was in danger?The truth that american and british intelegence agencies lied thats right outright lied to the public so they could go and do what they where paid to do, create a threat.

Like I said no threat? How many times should we have let Saddam shoot SAMS at our planes...? You think he wasnt a threat?

Well i have to admit its been a little dull lately, always count on ed to liven things up a bit. I have one question, what on Gods Earth is "Pooning" ed?

Harpooning.........

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes I will admit that devilwasp has some reason here, ed did started the link with an insult of the liberals.

Its my job remember? You said I was paid for it......as for supporting our troops, I have no doubt that you do not want to see them die, but when you support the general dehumanization of them and the Moore ism's it puts them in more danger.

Then again, they are defending your right to do so......

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Its my job remember? You said I was paid for it......as for supporting our troops, I have no doubt that you do not want to see them die, but when you support the general dehumanization of them and the Moore ism's it puts them in more danger.

Then again, they are defending your right to do so......

Yeah you are getting well paid..........

Yes I care for my fellow Americans and love ones in Iraq, don't you dare put that on doubt.

No, not my rights, we are defending the Iraqi rights to freedom, remember?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yeah you are getting well paid..........

Yes I care for my fellow Americans and love ones in Iraq, don't you dare put that on doubt.

No, not my rights, we are defending the Iraqi rights to freedom, remember?

Yeah I guess the $50 I spend on Internet rules that out

Like I said, I have no doubt you care for our troops but like I also said, in some ways you are not supporting their mission and therefore are not lending them your full support. You 'hate' their boss even though most of the troops believe in the fight and the reasons for the fight.

They are defending your right to disagree and voice your opinion.....

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Well that could be true but I did not see nor hear you liberals crying for the Bosnian Muslims, the Sudanese Christians, or the Iraqi people under Saddam.

I dont know the events, information or anything about the events there, sorry if I had not started a thread about anything I never knew about...

You liberals would never see a reason for war, even after 911 you said the Afghanistani's did nothing to us, just OSama......it is a gut check and Liberalism fails EVERY TIME.

As I have said before in the past the left is not about war, we hate war and believe in anti violence.
BUT we would use force if we had to.
Also Afghanistani's didnt do anything it was just osama, also when we moved in and got him I supported it. Some dont I can understand why they dont like war and I support them in that, campeign against every war, right or wrong.

Well they REELECTED him thank GOD instead of that POS traitor Kerry who STILL refuses to sign the 180 form.

Much better than dodging service huh?

..you of course understand why he wouldn't sign it now for sure right? Look at tit this way, in this last election you canceled my vote out...

I am not familiar with all the politics of the US since most of it seems to be a 2 sided fight with a weird kind of third party injected in there....strange....

Oh do I? And just think the reason that you can speak your mind and hold your opinions is because of people who were not afraid to go to war to do the right thing......capitulation gets you nowhere.

They can fight the war over there all they want, hell I am joinging up (mabye) to defend my country.
They fight for thier families and ours because they are to do it and WANT to do it.
Thats why I support them and why most of the left does to.

What is with the spaces man!!!

No it is called a nasty world that we live in and in the case of the United States, no one is going to defend us, so we have to defend ourselves and if we see a threat we have the right to act.

No no one is going to defend you and you do defend yourself , its how you defend yourself that botheres us!
Let me ask you, what threat?
Theres a bigger threat of you walking across the street and getting hit by a vehicle than iraq!

Just like most of you think Saddam still had no WMD, you still believe that crap don't you? Look at what is going on with the Syrians. BTW that is where some of them went....

Really?
I still see no pictures of vehicles moveing the across the border like I have been promised.
Also what threat was there?

Like I said no threat? How many times should we have let Saddam shoot SAMS at our planes...? You think he wasnt a threat?

Where are the incidents where the US planes where shot down?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is BS! He is responsible of his men to make sure they get home. It does not always happen tho, bring back your men or women safely. I think when the Navy/Marines start the proceeding it would be interesting to keep up with. This Marine did his job best he could with the training and uncertain situations. It only takes a spilt second to lose your life in a war zone. Welcome back Ed, I am new here.........................see ya around.

Golden Shellback

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldenshellback
This is BS! He is responsible of his men to make sure they get home. It does not always happen tho, bring back your men or women safely. I think when the Navy/Marines start the proceeding it would be interesting to keep up with. This Marine did his job best he could with the training and uncertain situations. It only takes a spilt second to lose your life in a war zone. Welcome back Ed, I am new here.........................see ya around.

Golden Shellback

Good points all........

It is the fact that there are those that WANT to see this Marine convicted and some of those 'types' are right here on ATS. Anyone who has served in combat know how difficult it is to take a life, but they make it out that lots of Americans over there kill civilians for fun.

Maybe they would feel better if this man fell on a grenade to save his chaps, remember that thread everyone? It just goes to show you what some people are like....

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwaspWhere are the incidents where the US planes where shot down?

I really cant believe you posted that, your European right?

Look Saddam was a threat, whether you can see it or not is your problem.

The Israeli's have the pictures but it is not in their interest to publicize it.

When you sign up, be ready to 'fight' and not bitch about it.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I really cant believe you posted that, your European right?

Yes..........

Look Saddam was a threat, whether you can see it or not is your problem.

It is my problem since i am a citizen of the UK.
My country's troops are dieing for a cause i see no proof for, its my job to find the truth.

The Israeli's have the pictures but it is not in their interest to publicize it.

Its easy to say so , but where is the truth?

When you sign up, be ready to 'fight' and not bitch about it.

I will fight and serve with every fibre of my sould and heart, or atleast try to.
I am argueing the point of what has been said and how it is wrong, this is all I can do at the moment.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Its funny how not a single person here has come out condemning this Marine in this thread but the author makes a point of slandering the left for not "supporting our troops".

Honestly I dont understand why this man is being courtmarshalled but like Grady said obviously there is a reason the Marines see fit to put him on trial. Its not like the event was something publicised that cast a bad light on the Marines and he's just a poor scapegoat.

I hope the guy is innocent of wrong doing and is acquitted and as a fellow New Yorker I wish him the best of luck. But I cant come out and just blindly support him for the same reason I cant condemn him. Mainly I wasnt there.

By the way I as well take personal offense at the allegations that us "liberals" dont have the "gonads" to know what is in Americas best interests and spend all our time thinking up ways to backstab our troops.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join