It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine's charges set 'terrible precedent'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
You bring a good point but you missed mine, so you feel it is OK to whine and bitch about the war, and show all the death and destruction but show and tell none of the good that the troops do over there....

What you call whining and bitching about the war is laying out evidence of why we went to war rather than the lies you believe. I wonder if the SS said the same thing to the wise generals who gave counsel to Hitler that what he was doing was a mistake - I'm sure they said stop your whining and bitching and get on with it.

I am not saying to support an immoral war at all, I feel the war is the moral high ground, you might feel different and that is fine but to demoralize the troops while in harms way is wrong, draft or not...

That is exactly what you are saying ed and yet with all the clear evidence you CHOOSE to ignore reality. I am a DoD contractor and know for a fact that the Halliburton and KBR contracts were completely illegal. I haven't demoralized any troops and those who I know in SFOD aren't as stupid as you think - but they do thier job.

Ask yourself do the troops believe in what they are fighting for? If they do then support them, speak your mind but support your countrymen whilst they put their lives at risk for YOU and yes fighting in Iraq now is fighting for the Americans back home even if you fail to realize it..

What most of the troops believe they are fighting for is fantasy ed. It's propaganda ed. It's called troop morale ed. Should we allow our government to let the blood of our children be spilt for teaxs tea in the name of liberty? Thats a choice ed and a clear one in my book. This ain't WWII the cause is not just it's just a cause. Those fighting in Iraq now are fighting for their buddies in Iraq not some B'S er like yourself sittin at home dancing in the lillies. Saying anything else is merely the fantasies you like to believe and the attitude instilled to keep morale.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwaspBut what if what he speaks is true?

Then move to Iran or Saudi Arabia and profess that your a Christian.....see the kindness just flow.............

Living in the UK and you still failed to see Saddam as a threat, OK fine..what if it were a Tornado that would have been the first to be shot down over the no fly zone?

What if it were Westminster Abby that was to be hit buy biological agents supplied by Saddam? What then? Oh yeah I forgot, the UN would come to your aid then.........fat chance and you know it.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Then move to Iran or Saudi Arabia and profess that your a Christian.....see the kindness just flow.............

Ah, but I am not a christian.
Also, it depends where you go that determines the response.

Living in the UK and you still failed to see Saddam as a threat, OK fine..what if it were a Tornado that would have been the first to be shot down over the no fly zone?
[/qutoe]
Well firstly the war didnt start cause of a jet getting shot down, secondly we would be rather pissed but we wouldnt warrant a full sclae invasion.

What if it were Westminster Abby that was to be hit buy biological agents supplied by Saddam? What then? Oh yeah I forgot, the UN would come to your aid then.........fat chance and you know it.

Firstly, the only ones there where the ones supplied by you, so we woukd be pissed at you.
Secondly we have safeguards for that.
Thirdly I highly doubt that sadam had the capability to do so.
DEBUNKED!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
And one more thing ed. Do you seriously think that if a troop believes the war is for oil that he is now not going to do what ever it takes to survive the day and keep his buds alive? Those performing the reconstruction and giving grape drink to the kids do you think they care if it's for oil or not right now? You have a serious misconception about war. Do you think patriotism is in the minds of men when bullets are zipping by your head? You could give a rats arse if the fellow shooting at you is muslim, christian, good, bad, ugly, whatever. It's just a running body thats all it is at the moment.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by vincere7]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
I am a DoD contractor and know for a fact that the Halliburton and KBR contracts were completely illegal. I haven't demoralized any troops and those who I know in SFOD aren't as stupid as you think - but they do thier job.

Well maybe I know something of these so called fantasy you think I live in.....you are not the only contractor......

Illegal? JUST WHO IN THE HELL COULD HAVE DONE THAT JOB? WHO?

Of course the law was broken in some and maybe many cases, but what you you propose? The military could not have done it, to many cuts under Clinton.....just what other contractor could have done it?

Get off you high horse, I have served my country but I admit it was under times when the military was much more self sufficient, but thanks to you buddy the traitor BC, we have to have contractors do the work that was done internally beforehand.......Persoanly I think they did a good job with the notice they had..........but thats my opinion...

As for Hitler and the SS.....ah so now you compare what our troops are over there to that? It figures..........

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Thirdly I highly doubt that sadam had the capability to do so.
DEBUNKED!

Actually the Germans supplied them, but the US & UK & France helped for sure. Yeah I forgot that Saddam gave them up, he was such a statesman and all. It has not been debunked, it has been shown that they cant find them in Iraq, but have you searched in Syria? O yeah that was debunked also wasn't it.......Saddam was such a good sport wasn't he?

As for you not being a Christian, sad to hear it but not surprised.....

And one more thing ed. Do you seriously think that if a troop believes the war is for oil that he is now not going to do what ever it takes to survive the day and keep his buds alive? Those performing the reconstruction and giving grape drink to the kids do you think they care if it's for oil or not right now? You have a serious misconception about war. Do you think patriotism is in the minds of men when bullets are zipping by your head? You could give a rats arse if the fellow shooting at you is muslim, christian, good, bad, ugly, whatever. It's just a running body thats all it is at the moment.

Well let me ask you, if you think i was just for oil, lets just for a minute say that it was and I do not buy that for nothing but just the same, the attack on the US using oil as a weapon would convince me that a serious threat to the US existed through economic means, Saddam after all was trading in Euros with the intent of starting the collapse of the dollar.... I can not understand why no one can see what the big picture is in the Middle East and why we are in Iraq.......it blows my mind the naivety around the world, just keep watching Rather and you will stay informed...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Actually the Germans supplied them, but the US & UK & France helped for sure. Yeah I forgot that Saddam gave them up, he was such a statesman and all. It has not been debunked, it has been shown that they cant find them in Iraq, but have you searched in Syria? O yeah that was debunked also wasn't it.......Saddam was such a good sport wasn't he?

pre GW1 US supplies iraq with chem and bio weapons, do you deny?
Why stop at syria, they could be in any country you so wish them to be.
The perfect attack clause.

Why?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
ed as I said before your posts simply prove you don't know whats going on. Who else could have done the job? Oh there are plenty who would've liked a slice of that pie. You just don't have a clue ed about whats really going on. You are in the dark. The mere question on comparing the German army to the American army rather than the government again shows your lack or willing lack of reality. Do you think the German army was not as professional as our own? Ask any vet who fought em. They'll tell you as much. But did the german soldiers know about auschwitz? Would it really have made a difference if they did? To me ed you're like a schoolboy who doesn't yet understand algebra as you're still on addition and subtraction. And all the stories, and all the posts, and all the arguments won't change that fact one bit.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

pre GW1 US supplies iraq with chem and bio weapons, do you deny?
Why stop at syria, they could be in any country you so wish them to be.
The perfect attack clause.

Why?

Look Syria is under the gun more than Iran at the moment for just THAT reason, debunk or not..........

As for no surprise, well lets just say that playing the odds here, over 90% of Europeans are not Bible believing anymore....so I just payed the odds...

ed as I said before your posts simply prove you don't know whats going on. Who else could have done the job? Oh there are plenty who would've liked a slice of that pie. You just don't have a clue ed about whats really going on. You are in the dark. The mere question on comparing the German army to the American army rather than the government again shows your lack or willing lack of reality. Do you think the German army was not as professional as our own? Ask any vet who fought em. They'll tell you as much. But did the German soldiers know about auschwitz? Would it really have made a difference if they did? To me ed you're like a schoolboy who doesn't yet understand algebra as you're still on addition and subtraction. And all the stories, and all the posts, and all the arguments won't change that fact one bit.

Of course the Wehrmacht was professional but to even compare the Germans who were after Territorial gains whist the Americans were doing some dictator cleaning, and putting the Islamic world on Notice, that we aren't going to take this # sitting down.......

Oh yeah I admitt we sold weapons to Saddam, just like you Brits and French did!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I know Ed maybe these Deaniacs would prefer to fight terrorists on American soil. I am sure they could give them a good tongue lashing and smote them with their hankerchiefs. I am a vet and these sissies would likely become praying fools like us if they were shot at.

Fool for Christ

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
No there will be plenty of terrorists for our 20 year old vets to fight on U.S. soil when they get home from fighting the Iraqi terrorists.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Where is that fly swater, damn it. That pesty wasp keeps buzzing around here acting like it own the place. Found the swater, now that wasp is gone hidding again! Just like them to do that........liberals

Golden Shellback..............Fear from the Deep!

PS
I LOVE AMERICA!!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Look Syria is under the gun more than Iran at the moment for just THAT reason, debunk or not..........

For WHAT reason that they "might" have weapons , cause they "could" have weapons , cause its "hypothetically possible" for them to have weapons?
Yet again another country to invade...

As for no surprise, well lets just say that playing the odds here, over 90% of Europeans are not Bible believing anymore....so I just payed the odds...

Really?
Whered you get that figure?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldenshellback
Where is that fly swater, damn it. That pesty wasp keeps buzzing around here acting like it own the place. Found the swater, now that wasp is gone hidding again! Just like them to do that........liberals

PS
I LOVE AMERICA!!

Really, how have i hidden?
Because i cant stay awake till 4 AM and get up to go to the careers office in 5 hours?
Liberals stand tall and proud, insult me all you want I will simply smile back and not lower myself to your level....

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

PS
I LOVE AMERICA!!

Really, how have i hidden?
Because i cant stay awake till 4 AM and get up to go to the careers office in 5 hours?
Liberals stand tall and proud, insult me all you want I will simply smile back and not lower myself to your level....

But Wasp, we love you here in the states. Why do you think it was an insult? I was just having fun............
Gee, liberals have no sense of humor. I wonder why he pokes fun at our government, we know he is a jester in the Queen's court. Thought he had a funny bone

(giggle)

Golden Shellback.............King Neptune Rex Royal Court now in session.

Let it be known by all men and women all ya who are liberals must leave the Royal Domain by order of the King Neptune Rex.
Ding.....Ding.......Ding......Ding
Liberals departing

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

But Wasp, we love you here in the states.

.....I find that hard to believe.

Why do you think it was an insult? I was just having fun............
Gee, liberals have no sense of humor.

Many people seem to think that to about me......it is strange...

I wonder why he pokes fun at our government, we know he is a jester in the Queen's court. Thought he had a funny bone

Ha the queen! Wonder how much that pays actually....

Frankly The only thing that really is protecting her is the coldstream guards, MI5 and MOD plod.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Actaully Wasp - you would fit in well in some blue states......they would love your accent also...

Thing is I have known many Brits and I am glad they do not all think like you do.....

It did make for an interesting conversation one day around some steel workers, they were dogging the gent about how the US kicked GB's ass in the war of 1812.........they about # when I interrupted and said they burnt down the bloody White House!

You know, that ol gent was laughing his arse off because he didn't think he would hear that one from me of all people....So I did some checking and as it turns out, Hamilton had the great idea to burn down the British Parliament in Canada, they were just returning the favor to them pesky colonists....

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Actaully Wasp - you would fit in well in some blue states......they would love your accent also...

Hmm some non redneck americans?
Nah i dont believe it!

Thing is I have known many Brits and I am glad they do not all think like you do.....

Thanks man

By any chance do those guys even understand half stuff we tlk about?

It did make for an interesting conversation one day around some steel workers, they were dogging the gent about how the US kicked GB's ass in the war of 1812.........they about # when I interrupted and said they burnt down the bloody White House!

...Bigger force, more will to fight and no stupid guys in charge leaving the 96th to sit and die on the field! Stupid generals then!!

You know, that ol gent was laughing his arse off because he didn't think he would hear that one from me of all people....So I did some checking and as it turns out, Hamilton had the great idea to burn down the British Parliament in Canada, they were just returning the favor to them pesky colonists....

As you know we did respect them , atleast the marines

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn
Just wondering, did he yell the order in Arabic? If not how the heck do you expect an Iraqi to know that you are saying "Stop there!" rather than "Come here now!"

Don't know if this has been covered yet, but the Marine did order them to stop in Arabic.

The incident was reported by a "disgruntled" marine in his company.

The rest of the Marine's company is expected to defend his actions.

This I got from an interview with the attorney representing the soldier, which just aired on Fox News.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well Well Well , a disgruntled marine huh?

I wonder if part of that is the news coverage he sees when home on leave?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join