It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Huge Scandal! High Profile Democrat on Major Committee Now Accused of Harassment.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What should be done is at least an investigation. Don’t just throw someone out of the door based on accusations.

Look maybe a guy had a bad day and did do something bad---that’s why you investigate

But the liberals have sort of pinned themselves against a wall by asking conservatives to quickly remove people based on accusations alone. Now they have to do the same thing or look like the hypocrites of all times.

Getting this political thing out of the way we have a social problem that’s not going to be easily solved

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Willtell

Same reason a dog licks his nuts.

Because they can.

This all might be more of a prime analogy of how dogs are addicted to sniffing each others butt holes.

The dogs are NOT sniffing each other's rear end, in actuality they are passing along the plans to grow a disposable thumb, this is the NWO dogs w/thumbs...

My hermaphroditic AffenPinscher "Mag Wai" does both a squat and lifting the rear legs. I'm trying to figure out when Mahggie is Yin and when Yang. Pretty interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What sort of an investigation? By the Ethics Committee, you mean? Or do you mean by the courts? That would require either a lawsuit or a crime. Many of the cases being presented can't qualify due to statutes of limitations. I wonder what sort of subpoena power the EC has.

edit on 11/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

What should be done is at least an investigation. Don’t just throw someone out of the door based on accusations.

Look maybe a guy had a bad day and did do something bad---that’s why you investigate

But the liberals have sort of pinned themselves against a wall by asking conservatives to quickly remove people based on accusations alone. Now they have to do the same thing or look like the hypocrites of all times.

Getting this political thing out of the way we have a social problem that’s not going to be easily solved

A measured and accurate response, I totally agree with that. Like I said, we have to stop the political bs and start looking at things as actual CRIMES , not political hitpoints

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think that the reason why we're even having a small amount of rational discussion about this is because the current people being accused are left-wingers.

If it was nothing but conservatives?

It'd be a partisan bloodbath.
edit on 20-11-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I’m talking about the companies. They already fired Rose from CBS and PBS. Maybe he confessed.

It s a bad precedent when you base things on just accusations.

What happens to the inevitable person who is innocent?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Yeah, but right now, all I am seeing on either side is political hit points. What else do you call it when the accusations that clearly could have been made at any point in the ensuing decade don't get made ... until the eleventh hour of a campaign?

Whether the accusations have validity or not, they're now undermined by their clear use as a political weapon and campaign dirty trick.

And I know everyone will be thinking of Moore, but these kinds of allegations have been used more then once against more than one opponent like this. Judge Clarence Thomas anyone just to start.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think that the reason why we're even having a small amount of rational discussion about this is because the current people being accused are left-wingers.

If it was nothing but conservatives?

It'd be a partisan bloodbath.

You have right-wingers too, like Moore, Bush. Your kind of incorrect here.

Ill add, I mean this is going on daily so we don't know whats going on from day to day.
edit on 20-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Precedent has to do with law (court) but I understand your point. Innocent people are put in jail. For murder, even. After investigations, even. Actual criminals are released, in court.

These are corporate decisions. The corporations are finding it prudent to take the actions they take. If Rose is innocent, he can sue. Which means "discovery". Which means maybe he doesn't want to pursue it.

edit on 11/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yes, but right now we are having a semi-serious conversation about how these accusations are suddenly running amok. Were we having this conversation about Moore at all? Or were we throwing him under the bus?

Some of us were expressing cynicism related to the timing of the allegations (I was), but by and large, it was a partisan fest. Maybe you weren't taking part in it because you were feeling a growing concern over the slew of allegations and the impulse to automatically try people in the court of public opinion, but there quite a lot of people who are very happy to throw anyone overboard these days.

And it happens on both sides.

We know have Russians and pervs to worry about under our beds.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

This thread is NOT partisan. It highlights one breaking news story involving Democrats, but I think, in the end, we'll see it will cover both sides of the aisle.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Honestly, in the end, I think we'll see people in Hollywood hoping they get accused, just to get the free press and to boost their career awareness.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Charlie Rose has already admitted he was guilty, not innocent, and apologized on Twitter. My guess that is why he was dropped. He admitted his guilt.
edit on 20-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Whether the accusations have validity or not, they're now undermined by their clear use as a political weapon and campaign dirty trick.

Because the court of public opinion has become the actual COURT anymore, and people can be made or broke with its judgements. We are no longer a country of laws, but a country of "Breaking News" and knee jerk outrage.

Exactly how they want us to be, because it keeps us divided, and if they have to sacrifice a few martyrs thats fine, as long as they can keep their status quo and keep us in the dark and manipulated, they win.

again smoke and mirrors, what happened with the largest mass shooting in US history , and the 500 people plus that were affected? All this happened what, when people really started asking questions about Vegas and digging.

Now, no more digging and on to the next thing.

Im not saying that none of this doesnt have validity, im saying they use this stuff to keep us divided and moving from one thing to the next with never really addressing anything or doing what we should do, which is hold our gov accountable. They know that if the People ever became cohesive the jig is up. Which is why everytime something happens that is a screw up on their part, something else comes up.

only WE can break this cycle and demand answers and hold them accountable, sometimes that takes a lot more than just speaking out on social media, sometimes that means we stop getting distracted, and start being methodical and cohesive as a people
edit on 20-11-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

I’m talking about the companies. They already fired Rose from CBS and PBS. Maybe he confessed.

It s a bad precedent when you base things on just accusations.

What happens to the inevitable person who is innocent?

I thinl im starting to agree. It seems to me if you are dependent on public opinion for your employment, an accusation is really all it takes. Sure you can sue for damages if the accusations are false but by that time it's probably too late and the stain will never come off.

Sad really. I can't help wonder how many people are going down for this that don't really deserve it.

The only one that ticks me off so far is Kevin Spacy. The kid has been throwing the accusation against Spacy for years and it never stuck and possibly for good reason. Now in the wirl wind of all this who is going to dare sat that one incident was not as abusive as another? Everyone accused is going down and no time or thought given to the validity, at least as far as I can tell.

I'm actually a little scared to hit the reply button to this post. It's like im supporting Trump all over again?

Am I deplorable again for not just parroting the shock that is coming from the MSM?

Oh my

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: ketsuko

Because the court of public opinion has become the actual COURT anymore, and people can be made or broke with its judgements. We are no longer a country of laws, but a country of "Breaking News" and knee jerk outrage.

Exactly how they want us to be, because it keeps us divided, and if they have to sacrifice a few martyrs thats fine, as long as they can keep their status quo and keep us in the dark and manipulated, they win.

And the next time a politician rapes a woman, people will pause.

Is it just politics?" Is it a partisan thing?

False accusations weaken, lessen actual accusations. It's a true insult to real women, real people who suffer from sick and twisted types.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

You've made an excellent point. This is being litigated in the court of public opinion instead of through a legal process that can challenge the accusations in an investigative manner. I agree with you that it should be done that way even if a person is guilty. Everyone is entitled to innocent until proven guilty. I'll admit this thread is meant to bring up the very argument you made. I'm not a fan of lynching people's reputation in public. Yet, this thread could be accused of that. I hope not. I hope we continue with discussions like your cogent points.

I gave you a star for an excellent post!
edit on 20-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Maybe there already is a betting pool in Vegas for this stuff. Who'll be next?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
On the other hand people have a right to believe the accusers.

And if they get like Cosby then the accused has a big challenge

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Why do you folks keep trying to make this a partisan issue?

The conservative types are just so entwined in politics they cannot get their brains out of it.

Bush, Trump Moore and many other republican types are just as involved in this abuse saga as any democrats.

Why do you people keep trying to make political game out of this ?

I think it has more to do with Democrats coming across as moral holier than thou im better than the rest type asshats.

For me its the feminism movement and its hypocrisy.

I'm a Feminist, and I don't want Al Franken to resign

She says its not because they are both democrats, but then tells the reader that only democrats fight for the rights of women, and goes on to say:

if we set this precedent in the interest of demonstrating our party’s solidarity with harassed and abused women, we’re only going to drain the swamp of people who, however flawed, still regularly vote to protect women’s rights and freedoms.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join