It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Huge Scandal! High Profile Democrat on Major Committee Now Accused of Harassment.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I have a feeling the Swamp covers both parties.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Why do you folks keep trying to make this a partisan issue?

The conservative types are just so entwined in politics they cannot get their brains out of it.

Bush, Trump Moore and many other republican types are just as involved in this abuse saga as any democrats.

Why do you people keep trying to make political game out of this ?

It shouldn't be a partisan issue, of course. And to make it so undermines addressing actual sexual assault and/or harassment.

At the same time, don't pretend many liberals aren't hyper-partisan or making everything political.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

When the thread title includes the words "High Profile Democrat" you kind of have to assume its going to be at least a little bit partisan.

As for conservatives always doing this...I think this is just one occasion when the conservatives beat the liberals to the punch. I see liberals do this every bit as much as conservatives if not more.

A partisan post rebuking partisan posts...that may be the answer to your question.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Anyone else hearing it is Conyers?

twitter.com...
edit on 20-11-2017 by dragonlover12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is it folks!

Why I Tipped off BuzzFeed to the Biggest Story of the Year

Congressman John Conyers Jr is a serial sexual predator, and I gave the story to BuzzFeed rather than break it myself.

Conyers’ behavior is part of a larger pattern of cover-ups led by Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and Senators like John McCain and Jeff Flake.

How Congress covers up sexual misconduct by its members.
According to data released to Reid Wilson of The Hill, Congress has paid out as much as $4 million per fiscal year to women abused by Congressmen. Although these settlements are paid with taxpayer funds, the settlements are kept secret from the public.

Look at the chart above to see the payouts due to harassment in the govt.

Full Buzzfeed story here:

She Said That A Powerful Congressman Harassed Her. Here’s Why You Didn’t Hear Her Story.

edit on 20-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
In a way I kind of like to see a clean out of Washington. Get these old Fers out, bring in new blood. We sure can't get them out by voting them out...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Just 7 months ago, Bill O'Reilly, a Fox News guy, was accused of sexual abuse.

Just 7 months ago. I re-read the threads briefly.

I said that Bill should be considered innocent until proven guilty and was accused of being favorable towards sexual abuse of women.

Most participating in the threads wanted him gone, drawn and quartered, hung from the neck until dead.

Just 7 months ago.

Now?

Now we must have rational dialogue.

hmpf.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Honestly, I'd rather this was litigated legally instead of the court of public opinion where rumors run rampant and facts are few, if any.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
Honestly, I'd rather this was litigated legally instead of the court of public opinion where rumors run rampant and facts are few, if any.

Judging sexual misconduct in the court of public opinion is like determining facts based on stars and flags.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

a reply to: SailorJerry

You've made an excellent point. This is being litigated in the court of public opinion instead of through a legal process that can challenge the accusations in an investigative manner. I agree with you that it should be done that way even if a person is guilty. Everyone is entitled to innocent until proven guilty. I'll admit this thread is meant to bring up the very argument you made. I'm not a fan of lynching people's reputation in public. Yet, this thread could be accused of that. I hope not. I hope we continue with discussions like your cogent points.

I gave you a star for an excellent post!

Thank you sir and I couldnt agree with you more.

My objective was to try my best to put my political viewpoints aside and try to remind all of us that , even though we have strayed so far from it, in politics, in finance, in media, WE ARE MEANT and should be a nation of laws.

And it is OUR JOB to uphold that as the American people, ESPECIALLY, when it is our justice, legal, and governmental systems that stray from it.

We all deserve the truth , because we never know when it could be us next, and for no other reason, than a foothold whether monetary, political, or societal.

Truth should always reign supreme, whether it goes against our "political" leanings or not, and its up to us , as the PEOPLE of this country, the MAJORITY of this country , to make sure this happens.

I wish everyone luck in the years to come, because this is going to get very very ugly, just dont compromise your values and truth for party or policy.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Feel free to start threads on those too. To be honest I think this hits both sides of the aisle in politics. Any thoughts on who is going to be outed next? This whole sexual harassment thing has more players than a football game. I think we'll need a score card.

Not just "I think" it DOES for sure... including the pedophelia angle.

Charlie Rose got canned by CBS tonight... BTW... this is just like a forest fire in a woods where the burn has been over managed for decades... and now a fire has started and everything is literally burning down.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

When the thread title includes the words "High Profile Democrat" you kind of have to assume its going to be at least a little bit partisan.

As for conservatives always doing this...I think this is just one occasion when the conservatives beat the liberals to the punch. I see liberals do this every bit as much as conservatives if not more.

A partisan post rebuking partisan posts...that may be the answer to your question.

Easy case in point, as a lurker I have seen over the years so so so many times a post is made, and then a counter post, and its ALWAYS political

This is a microcasm of exactly what happens with both parties at a higher level, and make no mistake, those at the top know this.

So if it happens so vehemently here, imagine how systemic the problem is on the larger scale

Except there, its ORCHESTRATED to be so.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just 7 months ago, Bill O'Reilly, a Fox News guy, was accused of sexual abuse.

Just 7 months ago. I re-read the threads briefly.

I said that Bill should be considered innocent until proven guilty and was accused of being favorable towards sexual abuse of women.

Most participating in the threads wanted him gone, drawn and quartered, hung from the neck until dead.

Just 7 months ago.

Now?

hmpf.

Stop this!

Im a conservative, and I know exactly what you mean with Orielly and all the other things going on , but STOP

It doesnt matter WHEN it comes as long as it comes.

We can be upset that it didnt come sooner, we can be mad that some of "our guys" got hit by political snipers and not investigated.

But by god , IF PEOPLE WAKE UP, it is more important that they do than the timing.

You are falling into your own partisan trap my friend.

You HAVE to break yourself of this partisan mindset, and learn to champion when victories for the PEOPLE actually come.

Tit for tat has to end, or the republic will be the casualty of its war
edit on 20-11-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah the hypocrisy sucks.

I engage in it too sometimes, but I try to check myself.

So I will withold judgement until Conyers has a chance to defend himself and we see proof.

But as this buzzfeed article shows, the process for tax payers dollars paying for these settlements and how secretive they are is asinine.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I am glad you posted your thoughtful reply. I titled my thread in a sensational way, not to target Democrats, but to spark a debate on the wildfire spreading of these accusations. It's become the new "Red Scare". A harasser behind every bush. I wonder will all these revelations in public if we aren't getting harrasser fatigue, where it has less of an impact and less attention from people.

Thank you...you get it!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The partisan détente will last until a republican, or a conservative gets accused.

Then it'll be a bloodbath again and everyone who leans to the right will be guilty by association.

It's only rational dialogue now because it's the left that is being accused.

Partisan?

Nah.

Just being pragmatic, realistic.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So I will withold judgement until Conyers has a chance to defend himself and we see proof.

Great post! Starred you too.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Roy Moore was already accused, so it's not just Democrats. In the end it's not a Democrat issue, it's both parties. That spreadsheet showing payments will likely include both parties if it is revealed who the payments were for.

Great points!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yeah the hypocrisy sucks.

I engage in it too sometimes, but I try to check myself.

But as this buzzfeed article shows, the process for tax payers dollars paying for these settlements and how secretive they are is asinine.

Two different issues.

Conyers guilt? Dunno.

House slush-fund to pay off victims of sexual abuse using tax payer dollars? TOTALLY BIPARTISAN.

Every son-of-a-bitch who knew of the fund should be tossed out, tarred and feathered, throat-punched, pissed on.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Roy Moore was already accused, so it's not just Democrats. In the end it's not a Democrat issue, it's both parties. That spreadsheet showing payments will likely include both parties if it is revealed who the payments were for.

Roy Moore?

I'm leaning towards guilty. But I'm not non-partisan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join