It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Huge Scandal! High Profile Democrat on Major Committee Now Accused of Harassment.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: Willtell

When the thread title includes the words "High Profile Democrat" you kind of have to assume its going to be at least a little bit partisan.

As for conservatives always doing this...I think this is just one occasion when the conservatives beat the liberals to the punch. I see liberals do this every bit as much as conservatives if not more.

A partisan post rebuking partisan posts...that may be the answer to your question.

Easy case in point, as a lurker I have seen over the years so so so many times a post is made, and then a counter post, and its ALWAYS political

This is a microcasm of exactly what happens with both parties at a higher level, and make no mistake, those at the top know this.

So if it happens so vehemently here, imagine how systemic the problem is on the larger scale

Except there, its ORCHESTRATED to be so.

It is extreme at all levels but I believe the higher up the food chain you go the worse it gets. As you said, its orchestrated there. We don't start that kind of thing at our level. It has to come from above. I really get the feeling that democrats and republicans chase each other across a stage for our amusement, get in the wings and say, "OK, you chase me now," and run back across the stage the other way. Its like a sick vaudeville act. And every four years we get a blooper real and an awards show.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Well thanks.

And thanks to you and the rest that posted the story.

As usual, ats was the first place I saw it.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Every son-of-a-bitch who knew of the fund should be tossed out, tarred and feathered, throat-punched

I have a feeling this will not end soon and there will be more than a few flushed out of the swamp on both sides. You can throat punch at will as they leave the Hill.

They should be stripped of retirement payments and all benefits.
edit on 20-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's unfortunate this topic has become the new "Red Scare".

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Its like a sick vaudeville act. And every four years we get a blooper real and an awards show.

Yeah, I get that feeling everytime I watch the President at the Press Club Dinner with those comedians.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised it's Conyers. I like how Paul Ryan is getting swept up for helping to hide all this. I wouldn't mind one bit if he lost the Speaker's seat over this.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

None of this saw any of this coming when the poor gal who made an off color tweet was tried, convicted via social media, and fired from her job in the time it took her to make a trans-Atlantic flight?

She took off not knowing anything was wrong and landed and ruined woman and never had any chance to respond.

People at the time on some conservative platforms pointed out how wrong and dangerous that was, and now we are reaping the whirlwind.

This is the danger of the voice of the social media mob you all unleashed.
edit on 20-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Paul Ryan is not well liked in his native home state of Wisconsin, so I don't think he'll last. His hometown of Janesville, WI really dislikes him.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Here's a question...why do we only see men as harrrasers and no one coming forward about women harrassers!!?? Don't tell me they don't exist because they sure as heck did in the Corporate world I worked in.

This question deserves it's own thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: Grambler

It's unfortunate this topic has become the new "Red Scare".

"Have you now, or have you ever stared at a woman's fanny?"

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Why yes, my wife has a great caboose. I enjoy staring at it every day.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Every son-of-a-bitch who knew of the fund should be tossed out, tarred and feathered, throat-punched, pissed on.

This i dont agree, every one who knew of the fund should be tried as an accessory and prosecuted, as well as tossed out

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Screwed as a man no matter what you say, even if you're gay.

If you're straight, and you say yes. You're up a creek for sexual harassment. If you say no, they know you're lying. And if you're gay, they know you're still going to be staring at a woman's ass out of jealousy when the man you want is crushing on her instead!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Every son-of-a-bitch who knew of the fund should be tossed out, tarred and feathered, throat-punched, pissed on.

This i dont agree, every one who knew of the fund should be tried as an accessory and prosecuted, as well as tossed out

...and all payments and benefits stripped from them.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

it does seem like a real life exaggerated Kabuki theater does it not?

As they say, bread and circuses.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Every son-of-a-bitch who knew of the fund should be tossed out, tarred and feathered, throat-punched

I have a feeling this will not end soon and there will be more than a few flushed out of the swamp on both sides. You can throat punch at will as they leave the Hill.

They should be stripped of retirement payments and all benefits.

I was listening to Glenn Beck today, and a vet called in and reminded everyone (as most of us vets know) that all of the benefits that people of gov enjoy (as lack luster as OURS are, the higher gov employees enjoy so much more) is actually a benefit, not a right.

I think that anyone who is CONVICTED upon any of these (and other charges) should have their pensions removed and all benefits rescinded.

Perhaps upon knowing this could happen (and not just sexual charges, any corruption would suffice) it might force them into actually serving the people.

The problem is they know, that no matter WHAT happens or what they are accused of, removed or not, they will still enjoy their health coverage and generous pay, regardless if they are active in the gov or not.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Heartily agree. They'd rather have us focus on their sexual misdeeds, knowing the laws protect them from prosecution, than have us focus on what they ARE NOT accomplishing. Man, you guys have the best posts in this thread!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Paul Ryan is not well liked in his native home state of Wisconsin, so I don't think he'll last. His hometown of Janesville, WI really dislikes him.

Paul Ryan is not well liked by any true conservative, the only reason, dare I say he was received so well is because he would play ball with Trump. Also not a moral conservative IMHO

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Here's a question...why do we only see men as harrrasers and no one coming forward about women harrassers!!?? Don't tell me they don't exist because they sure as heck did in the Corporate world I worked in.

This question deserves it's own thread.

Honestly I believe its because its male dominated as far as gov is concerned and hollywood at this point, im sure some will come out.

How they are received by the populace time can only tell.
edit on 20-11-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Good luck getting them to strip themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join